Dartmouth ND cleaning gun

Someone needs to market the self cleaning gun, it would use cleaning rounds with tiny bristles sticking out of the jacket. Then the headline would read "gun cleaned while man shoots himself in the gut."

Someone needs to market the self cleaning gun, it would use cleaning rounds with tiny bristles sticking out of the jacket. Then the headline would read "gun cleaned while man shoots himself in the gut."
I thought Glocks self-cleaned, not true?

When I was born'd in Buff'lo, there was a cop a few houses up the street. One day he's cleaning his service revolver. Daughter is there. He is explaining gun safety. "And never do this with a gun, even an unloaded gun." He put the revolver to his temple and had the expected results.

1969 or so.

I don't even walk around with my finger on the screw-gun trigger for crying out loud!

"This incident should serve as a very important reminder to everyone of both the responsibility and potential dangers associated with owning and maintaining a firearm. We are happy that this story didn't have a more tragic ending and wish this gentleman a speedy and successful recovery,” Chief Brian P. Levesque said

You know - this is a true statement. But it just sounds so damn fatuous that you want to flip him off.

I mean, think of it. I've quoted to more than one person "THE FOUR RULES OF GUN SAFETY". That's responsibility and (how to avoid) potential danger...

R. Lee Ermey himself told me that you don't need to clean a Glock.

(True Story ^)

I'm betting you could go a fairly long time without cleaning a Glock. Maybe a few thousand rounds. Spray it down with CLP of some sort in a spray can every so often to keep the rails cleaned. Otherwise, I bet it would just keep running and running and running.

I just toss my glocks (loaded or not) in the dishwasher, spray on some WD40 after and back to the range.

I thought I was the only one who did this?

In my Samsung dishwasher there is an area in the left corner called "Storm Wash" used for heavy cleaning so I use this to wash up to four handguns along with whatever dishes I have. And to ensure they get a good, thorough cleaning I pour Hoppe's 9 under the cap where you would normally pour Jet-Dry. When it finishes in about 3 hours, the guns are clean and my dishes smell awesome!

;)

Attachments

• 20190227_092727.jpg
    20190227_092727.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 15
I thought I was the only one who did this?

In my Samsung dishwasher there is an area in the left corner called "Storm Wash" used for heavy cleaning so I use this to wash up to four handguns along with whatever dishes I have. And to ensure they get a good, thorough cleaning I pour Hoppe's 9 under the cap where you would normally pour Jet-Dry. When it finishes in about 3 hours, the guns are clean and my dishes smell awesome!

;)
Do you do this with the guns loaded so that the ammo get's clean too? Jack.

Back
Top Bottom