Daniel Defense Bolt Action Rifle

Pretty impressive. I wonder if you get all 3barrels with the purchase, or how much each costs individually. I can’t imagine people switching barrels all that often, if ever, but I could be wrong.

the bolt action market has so many excellent options out there (Tikka, Howa, Bergara, Ruger, T/C) that I'm not sure what this DD rifle offers other than having a polymer stock and yet still weighing 9 lbs? WTF. Well at least they were wise enough to go with an AICS pattern mag rather than proprietary. Personally I would just go with a Howa or Tikka and drop the damn thing into whatever aluminum chassis is on sale.

Ultimately this is a bolt gun for DD fanboys. DD seems to have a similar status as Wilson Combat where they can put out mediocre products and ~3% of the market will compulsively buy it despite obscene prices.

Guess they took some time off championing Fix NICS to work a new product.

Marty Daniel making Bill Ruger proud!

Pretty impressive. I wonder if you get all 3barrels with the purchase, or how much each costs individually. I can’t imagine people switching barrels all that often, if ever, but I could be wrong.

why would DD provide 3 different barrels? I'm not seeing that as a feature. Also manufacturers aren't thrilled about people at home swapping barrels given potential safety issues. Also i don't think 7mm rem mag can use the same bolt as a 308win/6.5CM.

Last edited:
Guess they took some time off championing Fix NICS to work a new product.

If I remember correctly they did change their tune but only after they realized that it might substantially cost them business.

If I remember correctly they did change their tune but only after they realized that it might substantially cost them business.
Correct, they walked it back, much like Springfield Armory did after they got dumped on for their "infringements for thee, but not for me" shenanigans.

You would think by now that firearms companies would realize even obliquely endorsing something perceived as gun control would provoke a negative reaction...unless perhaps you're unabashedly fudd.

In the face of a mea culpa I'm usually willing to forgive, depending on the circumstances. I don't hold Ruger accountable for Bill's actions or S&W for previous owners' foibles.

why would DD provide 3 different barrels? I'm not seeing that as a feature. Also manufacturers aren't thrilled about people at home swapping barrels given potential safety issues. Also i don't think 7mm rem mag can use the same bolt as a 308win/6.5CM.

I mean, their website literally says the barrels are interchangeable by the user.

I mean, their website literally says the barrels are interchangeable by the user.

great. savage has been offering that for decades. most modern receiver designs are user swappable barrels with a good vice, torque wrench and headspace gauges. interchangeable vs OEM supplied 3 barrels though different topics. ultimately this DD bolt gun offers nothing except for a DD label.

the bolt action market has so many excellent options out there (Tikka, Howa, Bergara, Ruger, T/C) that I'm not sure what this DD rifle offers other than having a polymer stock and yet still weighing 9 lbs? WTF. Well at least they were wise enough to go with an AICS pattern mag rather than proprietary. Personally I would just go with a Howa or Tikka and drop the damn thing into whatever aluminum chassis is on sale.

Ultimately this is a bolt gun for DD fanboys. DD seems to have a similar status as Wilson Combat where they can put out mediocre products and ~3% of the market will compulsively buy it despite obscene prices.

My thoughts exactly. There are already so many good bolt options out there that DD's offer isn't that impressive. It's a product for the DD fanboys.

Rumor down here is that they're going to be offering a pistol soon.
Totally unconfirmed; but it's a local company and some of my friends work there.

We're working on an optional Daniels Defense Stage at an upcoming match:
AR-15, Bolt Gun and Full-Auto - guns supplied by manufacturer.

great. savage has been offering that for decades. most modern receiver designs are user swappable barrels with a good vice, torque wrench and headspace gauges. interchangeable vs OEM supplied 3 barrels though different topics. ultimately this DD bolt gun offers nothing except for a DD label.

You’re the one that said manufacturers don’t like home barrel swaps.

The part where they make it possible to do with minimal tools, and then advertise the fact, would seem to contradict.

That’s all I’m saying.

Back
Top Bottom