Dangerousness hearings

Goddard, who successfully launches the world's first liquid-fueled rocket at Auburn, Massachusetts, on March 16, 1926. The rocket traveled for 2.5 seconds at a speed of about 60 mph, reaching an altitude of 41 feet and landing 184 feet away.

Last edited:
If the laws we have in place now were around 100 years ago, we would not have this:

robert_h_goddard_and_liquid_fueled_rocket_1926.jpg
If the laws we have in place now were around 100 years ago,
Aunt Effie wouldn't even be allowed to have a cabbage patch.

Permit Busters

Permit_Busters.jpg

I don’t understand the “dangerousness hearing”

Everyone has the potential to be dangerous

Wait, so is model rocketry no-go now? That was definitely a thing when I was a kid. I even have the merit badge somewhere to prove it.

It’s still a thing. I worked with a guy who was into it. Not like a scout badge thing but high power rockets where you need to notify the FAA when you launch.

It’s still a thing. I worked with a guy who was into it. Not like a scout badge thing but high power rockets where you need to notify the FAA when you launch.
I saw a video of launching out west and they explained the reasons for notifying the FAA, these rockets were multi stage model rockets.

Wait, so is model rocketry no-go now? That was definitely a thing when I was a kid. I even have the merit badge somewhere to prove it.

I quit being a Boy Scout leader in 2007 and it was definitely still going strong then. Used buy the rockets online and buy all the engines at WalMart in Hudson NH.

We'd build the rockets ahead of time and then go camping at Kezer lake in ME in February and launch them on the ice in the middle of the lake. I would also bring a couple of 22 rifles and we'd take the boys shooting. More than once a father would come along who wasn't so sure about shooting the 22 and by the end of the weekend he would have shot it himself and been excited about it.

“He also did not think that state gun laws applied to him."

This was his true offence. Thank heavens those laws are never subject to re-interpretation. Oh . . . wait.

-Gary

Obviously not a minority gang banger from the hood. The BLM activist in KY who shot at the Jewish Politician was bailed out with 100K by BLM last week.

Back
Top Bottom