• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Current Ammo Prices

I just looked at CTD, Lake City 556/.223 is $2k per 1000. 9mm is about a buck a bullet depending on how high up in quality you want to go.

JFC. But they do have it if you live where it can ship.
holy crap! Making me even more stoked that I responded to the Target Sports USA alert and got 2k rounds for 60 cents a round! Now if only UPS will ACTUALLY deliver it! Scheduled to be here Tuesday.

holy crap! Making me even more stoked that I responded to the Target Sports USA alert and got 2k rounds for 60 cents a round! Now if only UPS will ACTUALLY deliver it! Scheduled to be here Tuesday.

Thankfully, ammo flippers aren't as tech savvy as the PS5 flippers. I know CTD isn't the cheapest, but it's where I go for no fuss, I'll look into Target Sport when/if the panic dies down.

Edit: Just looked at Target Sports, they have nothing (223/556) in stock. While spendy, CTD actually has it in stock. Too rich for my blood though. :(

Thankfully, ammo flippers aren't as tech savvy as the PS5 flippers. I know CTD isn't the cheapest, but it's where I go for no fuss, I'll look into Target Sport when/if the panic dies down.

Edit: Just looked at Target Sports, they have nothing in stock. While spendy, CTD actually has it in stock. Too rich for my blood though. :(
just go on their site and set up "in stock alerts." I did it so it must be simple to figure out. I selected a handful of 9mm, especially bulk boxes. Completely forgot about it as I set it up probably Mid march or April when I realized people were panicking and some how we had run out. I ordered some as soon as 1 of my alerts hit my cell phone (text alert).

I just looked at CTD, Lake City 556/.223 is $2k per 1000. 9mm is about a buck a bullet depending on how high up in quality you want to go.

Thats their MO during every panic. Hard to believe anyone with an internet connection would pay those prices. Its cheaper everywhere else including GB I would imagine.

thats part of the problem, buying ammo when you don't need it.
Everyone who says this is either someone who showed up late to the party or didn't lay in enough supplies. Blaming this issue on "ammo hoarding" etc, is silly. Outside of people like flippers and so on most of the guys that, who built up a big stash of ammo have been doing it for a long time now, not just starting yesterday.... and actually if they're well-established they're only buying if the price falls below a certain point in a specific instance otherwise they're doing a hard pass. For example I will buy some top-off 223 or 556 at 50-60cpr without hesitation, at 40 cpr however ill buy way more. Anything beyond 60, somebody else can have it they obviously want it way worse than I do..... lmao.

I hope they die in a fire. More worthless tham puds. You can buy 556 in mass at street price of a dollar or less nevermind two. Lmao

just go on their site and set up "in stock alerts." I did it so it must be simple to figure out. I selected a handful of 9mm, especially bulk boxes. Completely forgot about it as I set it up probably Mid march or April when I realized people were panicking and some how we had run out. I ordered some as soon as 1 of my alerts hit my cell phone (text alert).

My boss put me in for a cash bonus. I got an extra grand the wife doesn't 'know about'. I put an alert for a case for the AR. Maybe, get lucky.

Thats their MO during every panic. Hard to believe anyone with an internet connection would pay those prices. Its cheaper everywhere else including GB I would imagine.

Well, if they have actual product in stock. If you're willing to pay, you get it now vs waiting for an alert. I'd do the same thing in the same position.

didn't lay in enough supplies
damn, the 'enough supplies' is the key. who would think you need at least 10K of every caliber.
i do not like keeping too much ammo in the house, to be frank, and it was not an issue to be around 1k - but, with this stupid corona all the travel died, we did not go on vacation, there is nothing to do, so, i started shooting again, and this 1k ammo went out in several range trips. and, here we go.

but, speaking of today and yesterday - as in this surreal new world it changes every day - WOLF got in stock on almost all online vendors, both 9mm, .223 as well, at 60c pr. so i got a bit of it.
target even had a gold wolf, which is a pretty decent round, but they want to charge tax, so, they go to hell.
6.5CM is a pain. as i just got this new rifle, and depleted all old stock of my FFL harassing him all this week - now it is a pain. last 3 boxes he was a bit tired with to omany customers, so he even forgot he was selling it at $1pr and gave it to me at old original price of $14.99 per box. i did not see the receipt, so, did not even correct him. next time i am there i will give him his money, he is a great guy, Greg at armsTec in Natick.

Last edited:
Well, if they have actual product in stock. If you're willing to pay, you get it now vs waiting for an alert. I'd do the same thing in the same position.

Not when I can just drive to a a couple shops and buy it for less. I was literally standing inside a shop at the mill that had it for $1/round less than an hour ago... and plenty of
it.

Not when I can just drive to a a couple shops and buy it for less. I was literally standing inside a shop at the mill that had it for $1/round less than an hour ago... and plenty of
it.
what are you talking about?

My boss put me in for a cash bonus. I got an extra grand the wife doesn't 'know about'. I put an alert for a case for the AR. Maybe, get lucky.

YIKES, I haven't been paying attention I guess, has it really gotten that expensive??? Makes me think about parting with a case at a 1000 bucks.

I guess, but there's no shortage of brass cased ammo for less than half of what theyre asking. Theres gucci vmax/bonded/gm match stuff out there for less than what theyre asking. Its as if they know theres some percentage of people out there that are such dedicated customers that they wont even look anywhere else so why not jack the price up to the moon.

OMG!!! Just for fun I went to CTD to check out their 380 prices...... $99.89 for 1 50rd box of Sellier & Bellot .380[crying] That's before shipping.

I know, some of you guys are gonna say, 'that's what you get for shooting 380' - but some of us are old and injured and don't have a lot of options anymore.

Sites they are tracking are not quite representative of actual prices.
Availability wise it is also usually useless.
Weird, I was playing around after I saw your post and it seemed pretty legit as far as I can tell. Prices matched up, stuff was in stock. Granted this was just a few minutes searching 556

Weird, I was playing around after I saw your post and it seemed pretty legit as far as I can tell. Prices matched up, stuff was in stock. Granted this was just a few minutes searching 556
There is a bit of a delay in what it shows.
Sometimes it is matching the reality, sometimes it is a bit behind.
Right now a lot of sites got wolf 9mm, from 53c pr to 58c pr

damn, the 'enough supplies' is the key. who would think you need at least 10K of every caliber.
i do not like keeping too much ammo in the house, to be frank, and it was not an issue to be around 1k - but, with this stupid corona all the travel died, we did not go on vacation, there is nothing to do, so, i started shooting again, and this 1k ammo went out in several range trips. and, here we go.

but, speaking of today and yesterday - as in this surreal new world it changes every day - WOLF got in stock on almost all online vendors, both 9mm, .223 as well, at 60c pr. so i got a bit of it.
target even had a gold wolf, which is a pretty decent round, but they want to charge tax, so, they go to hell.
6.5CM is a pain. as i just got this new rifle, and depleted all old stock of my FFL harassing him all this week - now it is a pain. last 3 boxes he was a bit tired with to omany customers, so he even forgot he was selling it at $1pr and gave it to me at old original price of $14.99 per box. i did not see the receipt, so, did not even correct him. next time i am there i will give him his money, he is a great guy, Greg at armsTec in Natick.

Made some great purchases from Greg, very fair guy

Back
Top Bottom