Current Ammo Prices

I have paid $39.99 for 150 rds of 9mm Winchester range pack, brass cased. Also picked up Monarch, 9 mm, bass, for $12.99. All the prices were, mostly, just as they were before February A.C.
They also had 200 packs of Monarch steel cased 9 mm for $39.95. Fotay' was $49/200 rds, steel cased. All prices did not include tax.
It felt awkward passing by the steel cased ammo and not getting any. The associate joked about that : " Grabbing anything on the shelves a week ago, but passing on it now, huh? Steel not good for you anymore? "
Very good prices. Wonder how long that pricing will last?

Black market prices..
22 = right kidney
9 = left kidney

45 = right ball
223 = the entire bean bag.
This is incorrect. The left kidney is slightly preferable because the ureter is slightly longer making the installation slightly easier for the tech who works on book rate rather than hourly. My surgeon got the right kidney for me because the doc ahead of him in line picked the left kidney even though that one had a cyst.

The left sided organs, including the kidney, tend to be a bit larger than the right. Left kidney; left breast and left nut all tend to be a bit larger and the left lung has three lobes with the right having only two.

Where you really see price differentials on kidneys is blood type. Back before BEK transplant of Shanghai took down their "we'll get you a fresh kidney from a recently executed prisoner" website, they were advertising a $5000 surcharge for type O. When a nephrologist asked my blood type and I told him "O-" his exact words were "that's too bad". (6 years, 3 month, 5 day backorder). At least they did not bill my card until the part was shipped.

Last edited:
Where is the boost happening?

- Have manufacturers tripled their prices?
- Are distributors getting ammo from the big ammo companies at pre-shortage prices and getting the windfall?
- Are dealers reaping a windfall, or increasing their percentage above acquisition cost?

It's no doubt a mix, but everyone in the chain seems to be blaming on the "elses", except maybe distributors who have been mimes on the issue except to announce new prices and allocations. And even allocations suggest distributors are not raising prices as much as they could.

Sounds like a distinction without a difference.
(Yes, I know the right has three; at least, pre-op).
Made a big difference to my father in law who lost the least lung possible with a lobectomy since his tumor was located in the smallest lobe (left center)

Last edited:
Well, don't keep us in suspense .... what did the notification say?
Gotta clarify things a bit. The notification was addressed to store managers and was stating that primers will resume shipping to stores in Jan. From the horse's mouth. I lucked out and just got 1k lpp today, so there's got to be something true about it.

Where is the boost happening?

- Have manufacturers tripled their prices?
- Are distributors getting ammo from the big ammo companies at pre-shortage prices and getting the windfall?
- Are dealers reaping a windfall, or increasing their percentage above acquisition cost?

It's no doubt a mix, but everyone in the chain seems to be blaming on the "elses", except maybe distributors who have been mimes on the issue except to announce new prices and allocations. And even allocations suggest distributors are not raising prices as much as they could.

Manufacturers have tuned up the $ but most of this stuff seemed to stop at the supply end by April or so because they had already started going balls to the wall
by then. In relative terms that increase is also small, too. Most of their increases they hid within their annual or semi annual price increases this spring.

Distributors? Depends on the distributors. The third tier ammo distributors have basically going full cosby mode since this started- but that's because those people wait around to rape whenever they can, it's part of their business plan.

More mainstream distributors not quite so much, but it is much more difficult to get ammo from them. Much, much more difficult.

Shops and direct to consumer ammo sellers? (like tsusa etc). Yes, they are making more money too, but people need to bear in mind, there are basically two problems:

-LGS might not be getting much of the "normal priced" ammo, and even if they can get some, its not very much, volume wise. So even though they make more money per
box, they're not getting shit for boxes. Empty shelves = lost profit, and they have to make up the difference somehow.
-Some LGS and Ammo sellers (like TSUSA) have possibly resorted to buying their ammo from the third tier rape artist distributors because those are the only guys that often have ammo right
now..... so you take a rape dist price and even tack a lowly 10%-20% onto it (which is nearly nothing in terms of profit) and that's how someone ends up with 9mm at $35-$40 a box at
retail.

Made a big difference to my father in law who lost the least lung possible with a lobectomy since his tumor was located in the smallest lobe (left right center)
LTFY.

The Left Lung has two lobes, the Right Lung has three. I think Rob made a typo.
Yep; see my inline spoiler.
I learned that from I Am Joe's Lungs in Reader's Digest.

This is incorrect. The left kidney is slightly preferable because the ureter is slightly longer making the installation slightly easier for the tech who works on book rate rather than hourly. My surgeon got the right kidney for me because the doc ahead of him in line picked the left kidney even though that one had a cyst.

The left sided organs, including the kidney, tend to be a bit larger than the right. Left kidney; left breast and left nut all tend to be a bit larger and the left lung has three lobes with the right having only two.

Where you really see price differentials on kidneys is blood type. Back before BEK transplant of Shanghai took down their "we'll get you a fresh kidney from a recently executed prisoner" website, they were advertising a $5000 surcharge for type O. When a nephrologist asked my blood type and I told him "O-" his exact words were "that's too bad". (6 years, 3 month, 5 day backorder). At least they did not bill my card until the part was shipped.

Dumb question... When you get a kidney transplant, do they remove both of the bad ones from you and just replace one with a good one, or is the remaining bad one just "ignored" and left alone?

Dumb question... When you get a kidney transplant, do they remove both of the bad ones from you and just replace one with a good one, or is the remaining bad one just "ignored" and left alone?
Don’t know the answer but you just gotta love NES , where a thread about an online ammo store can transmogrify into a discussion of kidney transplants.:)

They leave them in place. Which surprised me a couple of weeks ago when a friend who works for New England Donor Services told me that. It has something to do with the vascular structure and of course the Loop of Henle.

It wouldn’t surprise me if manufacturers/distributors are holding back a bit going in to the new year. This year has already been gang busters and the next year is still a question mark. With back orders, one could reasonably assume it’ll also be a banner year, but many CPAs would tell you to roll guaranteed business into the next year if you can.
I’m just spit balling here, but I assume winter months, especially after the holidays are probably typically slower months for ammo sales? Dumping a larger than normal amount of inventory during these few months would require a starved market, which is what we have.
The post above about primers shipping in January would seemingly support this, no?

This could also just be me trying to reassure myself that ammo will show up soon, it’ll be ok 😳

Don’t know the answer but you just gotta love NES , where a thread about an online ammo store can transmogrify into a discussion of kidney transplants.:)
We might need to start selling some organs soon to be able to afford shooting.

It is too bad nature didn't give us 2 of everything.

New to 9mm reloading but I see my cost of consumables (powder/primer/bullet) as around $0.20-0.22 each
before I add in 'value of my time' and the press cost. I figure it'll be around 10K rounds to recoup if retail stays
around $0.40-ish.

Back
Top Bottom