• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Current Ammo Prices

New to 9mm reloading but I see my cost of consumables (powder/primer/bullet) as around $0.20-0.22 each
before I add in 'value of my time' and the press cost. I figure it'll be around 10K rounds to recoup if retail stays
around $0.40-ish.
and you know that new steel 9mm tula now goes for as low as .28cpr, right?
i do not say that long term reloading price will NOT come down, it will, and primers will come down as well, but, right now - duh.

and you know that new steel 9mm tula now goes for as low as .28cpr, right?
i do not say that long term reloading price will NOT come down, it will, and primers will come down as well, but, right now - duh.

Problem with that is 9mm tula is dog shit compared to any decent reload. And i say that as someone that buys and shoots 9mm tula (I've shot 3000 rounds of it in the past year) but it's basically functional dog shit in terms of ammo.

Was looking at some 300 blackout
$150 for a 250 pack - Nope
Need to order dies
That's a typical 300blk price, even pre-covid. 300blk hovers around $0.50-$1/rd. It is very inflated in terms of factory ammo pricing.

If you are waiting for that to get down to $100 for 250, you might be waiting forever.

Problem with that is 9mm tula is dog shit compared to any decent reload. And i say that as someone that buys and shoots 9mm tula (I've shot 3000 rounds of it in the past year) but it's basically functional dog shit in terms of ammo.
i hit a steel plate at 100yds with that shit just fine - works for me. at this price it is an easier way.
i actually almost gone with it, and shoot something else now. a precision delta 9mm stuff, i suspect they were reloads. shoots fine also

i hit a steel plate at 100yds with that shit just fine - works for me. at this price it is an easier way.
i actually almost gone with it, and shoot something else now. a precision delta 9mm stuff, i suspect they were reloads. shoots fine also

I'm not saying it doesn't work. Like I said, I buy the shit. But it's still retarded to compare it to any halfway decent reloaded ammo. on a cost basis.

Because you only shoot Glocks.

I love 9mm Tula.

But I reload my own.

Because you only shoot Glocks.

I love 9mm Tula.

But I reload my own.

No, I run that shit in a few different guns. Glocks, several CZs and one Sig. It gets the job done, usually. But it is markedly different from "normal" 9mm ammo. Tula is underpowered and weird. It's not "Ultramax" "Perfecta" or "Armschorrrrp" kind of shit, though, ill give it that. Those are f***ing horrendous. [rofl]

No, I run that shit in a few different guns. Glocks, several CZs and one Sig. It gets the job done, usually. But it is markedly different from "normal" 9mm ammo. Tula is underpowered and weird. It's not "Ultramax" "Perfecta" or "Armschorrrrp" kind of shit, though, ill give it that. Those are f***ing horrendous. [rofl]
That's your problem.
Glock
CZ
SIG

Do you own any good guns? [smile] [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom