• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Current Ammo Prices

Market prices are going to vary heavy upon the region your in. Right now in new england if you can FIND it, in some cases 9mm is much cheaper than TS, etc. Or you can get more, of course
things are getting worse by the minute. In the northeast "reliable" 9mm is about 50-70 CPR and any 223 or 556 is 60-70 cents to a buck a round.... once in a blue moon, you can find it
less than that, but you literally have to be in the right place at the right time. I have friends in VA and FL, and they tell me that things are MUCH worse than they are up here.... AKA, lots of shops with bare shelves, all the time. Dunno how valid that is. A few weeks ago I sent a care package down to a buddy in VA because he couldn't find shit locally.

almost all the shops near me are barren on the popular calibers, but shelves are full of exotic calibers like .224 Valkyrie, etc.

Cabelas had 9mm 5 box limit for 18.99 the other day. 2 weeks ago it was 16.99 a box. This was 115 grain brass case.

Frenzy type buying for it. I didnt even buy any because I had bought all I needed last year for a hell of a lot less.

Its very obvious that people were only buying it because it was there. Rediculous really. Dont feed the frenzy. Why do you need 10000 rounds of 9? Do you think Joe Biden is going to take 9mm away? Dumb.
Do you think you are gonna win a firefight with the govt? Dumb.
I mean really? What are peoples thoughts that they need all this shit for?

almost all the shops near me are barren on the popular calibers, but shelves are full of exotic calibers like .224 Valkyrie, etc.
Why my defensive guns are 357sig and 40. It’s probably cheaper and more definitely available than 9 mm right now.

The fact that its just a barrel swap between calibers is also nice

Why my defensive guns are 357sig and 40.
i'm not offended by either caliber, both do the job. the 357 sig intrigues me, pretty zippy, flat shooting round. sorry i got to it late. my buddy stands there with the only gun he owns, a boutique 9mm with no ammo cause he's a day late and a dollar short when the alarm is raised there is a 9mm ammo sighting somewhere. i'm tempted to sell him a reloaded box of 50 for 45 bucks.

well, the alert I got was brass cased CCI 9mm. 60 cents per round and IN STOCK. Didn't seem too unreasonable considering I haven't seen any on the shelves for MONTHS.
If you do have an Academy store close by, they have ammo delivered every night. It's just luck of the draw, but prices are just the same like the last year, maybe $1-2 more/pack. Today they had Browning 9mm, 150 rds/pack for $35.99. Snagged 3 boxes.

If you do have an Academy store close by, they have ammo delivered every night. It's just luck of the draw, but prices are just the same like the last year, maybe $1-2 more/pack. Today they had Browning 9mm, 150 rds/pack for $35.99. Snagged 3 boxes.
Yeah, the box stores have the cheapest ammo, but you have to get lucky.

Why my defensive guns are 357sig and 40. It’s probably cheaper and more definitely available than 9 mm right now.
Lol, barely. Some big shops i have seen both of those cleaned out, too. 40 is here and there, but as we get closer to inauguration you can kiss that stuff goodbye too. "They" are on to that trick and buying 40s now, too.

we have plenty of those stores but they are having a very hard time getting any ammo in the door and on the shelves.

we have plenty of those stores but they are having a very hard time getting any ammo in the door and on the shelves.
The stores in Houston get ammo daily, except on weekends. I stocked on my 9/5.56 for the last couple weeks, since I work from home. One needs to be at the store one hr. before opening, they keep the ammo up front and limit to three boxes per person.

Since there are shortages all over the place it's hard to even find prices for ammo. Since I have certain calibers in "surplus" and feel rather "under supplied" in others, I am wondering what market prices are right now.

I'm curious what the following calibers are costing these days 22LR, 9mm, 45ACP and .223/5.56
i have a friend who is new to guns. Basically got his LTC in march and the chase was on.
Hes been stock piling 22lr and since july has scored min of 500 rounds a week and last friday was the most expensive 22lr so far. CCi sv .12 cents round.
hes also been grabing 9mm even though he does not have a 9mm yet. He was buying up any thing and kept his limit per round to .75 which he said ended around mid sept. Hes on the road for work covering 4 states and stops in every place he can find that sells ammo.

Why would anyone buy ammo at these rip off prices ?
if you just got your LTC this year or came of legal age theres only one way your going to shoot.
pay the prices. Unless you have friends or family deeply stocked.

thats part of the problem, buying ammo when you don't need it.
you need to replace what you use...and the smart thing is ti replace prior to using it all up and a little extra. You ALWAYS need ammo its just a matter of when you will shoot it. I will not go with out shooting at some capacity, either all rimfire or cheap cast plinking. I have friends that still have partial box of ammo from when they bought their fist gun. They are not shooters
When I was shooting trap every spring the club did a big ammo order. I bought 10 cases or a piddly 5000 rounds, as soon as I ran through 1500-2000 rounds by then Als was having the good sales on shotgun ammo and reloading supplies. bought another 3,5,8 cases. by the end of the nice weather I usually supplemented what I shot with 2 cases to get me to the next spring buy.

Why would anyone buy ammo at these rip off prices ?
I got "caught short" on 9mm. It's what we shoot the most and there are usually 3 of us plus sometimes a friend or 2 to introduce to guns. I THOUGHT I had a bucket of 9mm (with several thousand rounds) and due to moving, storage units, etc I realized I was OUT around mid-march. Since then it's just been harder and harder to get any. I ordered 1000 rounds back then and the prices were still pretty much normal, about half what they are now. So while we shoot less, we still need to be stocked up.

Back
Top Bottom