• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT to grandfather mags...kind of

Class D felony for possession of unregistered mag even if possessed before the ban.

I'm only seeing 'buying, selling, importing or transferring', no word on possession of currently owned mags. Also they need to define the tricky part of 'inheriting' too.

"The most dangerous part of an assault weapon is the magazine."

How about the du-bag pulling the trigger? Can't stand ignorant politicians.

Whats even dumber is, New York wants you to have less rounds in ur mag at home and Connecticut is letting homownsers have more rounds when ur at home. Just shows these politicians have no idea what their talkin about. So Aggravating!!!!

This is what writing to your reps, attending town hall meetings, and following the rules gets you.

Take note.

This should not be ignored.

Magazines are clearly super killy when they leave your property.

We all know this completely ****ed up mag exemption for grandfathering, loading at home and at range was created to drag the fudds along so they wouldn't put up a fight. the idea here is to simply push harder and harder until no guns are left.

here's the interesting parts of this crapbag:

Under the current bill, a) an additional list of more than 100 new specified weapons will be designated as banned assault weapons, in addition to all of the other weapons captured by the "physical characteristics” test. Also, that characteristics test is being amended to add some new banned military-style features, and also to require an assault weapon to have only one of the listed features in order to fall under the ban.

Can you say evil tactical rail?

• If an individual with a carry permit has a pistol that they purchased prior to the effective date that accepts an LCM, they can carry the LCM in that pistol, but only loaded with 10 bullets. Moreover, under no circumstances can the LCM in such pistol extend below the pistol grip.

my standard 13rd glock .40 magazine extends down about3/16", not flush like a 1911 mag seats. I am a felon when they pass this?

i hope that they forget off duty LEO exemption, so that they look like the idiots they are.

BTW, I support giving the cops any capacity firearm they need when doing an entry on a convicted violent felon, but off duty all you need is what we need, maybe less, because your 911/ backup call will get a shitstorm of cops to help you.

If you're going to get nailed for 5 years for a single mag plus the ammo in it, may as well just start shooting. The first one is expensive, the rest are free.

I'm going to buy a bunch of springs, put then in cardboard boxes, and go and register those.

These "reps" are a group of ass clowns.

Immediate ban on sale, purchase or importation of LCMs: effective on passage, it will be a class D felony to sell, buy, transfer or import an LCM into the state (other than to turn it in or trade it in to law enforcement or a licensed gun dealer). Going forward, possession of any LCM not possessed as of the effective date will be a class D felony.

I will immediately start importing LCMs into CT to turn them in to the PD a la asstronot Mark Kelly.

I hope this language passes, it seems to state that PDs will take turn ins and trade ins. I will see if they take an old beat up 15 round mag for a new 10 rounder.

Immediate ban on sale, purchase or importation of LCMs: effective on passage, it will be a class D felony to sell, buy, transfer or import an LCM into the state (other than to turn it in or trade it in to law enforcement or a licensed gun dealer). Going forward, possession of any LCM not possessed as of the effective date will be a class D felony.

I will immediately start importing LCMs into CT to turn them in to the PD a la asstronot Mark Kelly.

I hope this language passes, it seems to state that PDs will take turn ins and trade ins. I will see if they take an old beat up 15 round mag for a new 10 rounder.

Keep dreaming. They don't actually mean trade it in. That's why it says "OR".

If you're going to get nailed for 5 years for a single mag plus the ammo in it, may as well just start shooting. The first one is expensive, the rest are free.

I agree wholeheartedly. They either don't realize how dangerous someone with nothing to lose is or they are banking on it for more draconian measures. Time to really figure out who your true friends are.

I suppose their use of the term "grandfathering" applies if grandad was one of these guys

burnscrew.jpg

Yeah, and Dems outnumber Repubs in the state legislature 2-1. Not sure "bipartisan" matters.

It means that the RINO minority went along with this bill instead of making a stand on principle.

From Connecticut legislative leaders reach tough gun-control deal | Reuters

"Senate Minority leader John McKinney, a Republican whose district includes Newtown, said that after the school shootings both Republican and Democratic state lawmakers decided the issue had risen above partisan politics."The deal is the most comprehensive package in the country because of its breadth," he said. "I think it's a package that a majority of people in Connecticut will be proud (of) when we vote on Wednesday.""

I've always felt like this, especially in situations such as this where you become an instant felon for what was legal the day before. "In for a penny, in for a pound", as they say...

Just got back from fishing. Had a really bad experience, boat capsized and dumped all of my most prized possessions overboard. Luckily I was able to flip the boat again, and keep all my fishing gear to boot!

Disobedience starts now.

i hope that they forget off duty LEO exemption, so that they look like the idiots they are.

BTW, I support giving the cops any capacity firearm they need when doing an entry on a convicted violent felon, but off duty all you need is what we need, maybe less, because your 911/ backup call will get a shitstorm of cops to help you.

By adding LEO exemption into these bills they admit that these "Weapons of War" have a place in our society. It just goes to show what hypocrites they are.

So when do CT legislators start dying of car bombs and GSWs?

This BS isn't going to stop. Might as well make them pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom