CT firearm seizures

so, lets say I have a neighbor. And I dont like him, and he is a gun guy. I call the police, and with that one phone call, the police obtain a siezure warrant all because I turned a personal dislike for someone into something that is not only an abuse of a constitutional right, but also blow the whole "grudge" out of proportion to exact revenge.

That is royally f***ed.

Yea, at least I know that I'll never live in CT.

seriously!

as f***ed as gun control is here in MA, Im willing to put up with trying to get stuff changed here. Just imagine. Someone knows you are a big gun advocate and you live in CT. A person is scared of you because "you have guns and are advocating for their possession and use" and BAM, that person twists their feelings, call the cops and your guns are GONE. YOu might not have met this person for more than 30 seconds, and they can ruin your constitutional right. unbelievable.

guilty untill proven guilty. Nice. NOT!

Yup, cuz if you are guilty any number of people could be harmed.... if you are innocent it only affects you...and only if you are attacked by someone and needed your firearm for protection...and what is the chance of that?

so, lets say I have a neighbor. And I dont like him, and he is a gun guy. I call the police, and with that one phone call, the police obtain a siezure warrant all because I turned a personal dislike for someone into something that is not only an abuse of a constitutional right, but also blow the whole "grudge" out of proportion to exact revenge.

That is royally f***ed.

Indeed! That is how this law was designed.

Also worth noting: Judges are elected in CT . . . but only elected by PARTY! It was weird when we lived there, to see a ballot with "vote for judges", "pick Dem or Rep" and you vote for them as a "block" (no names).

"it may be underutilized", well that is just messed up. Repeal of that law should be on the radar of NRA and others.

NRA does not usually address state issues, they leave that to the state org. They may help fund it (as they've done with GOAL in the past), but they stay OFF the radar screen for "local issues".

Have you guys forgotten that in Ma, the chief can decide he doesn't like to color of the shirt you're wearing, declare you 'unsuitable' revoke your license and take all your guns?

No crime needs to have happened, or planned to happen or even exist in your mind...and no warrant.

We in Mass are not safe from such actions either. A phone call to the local PD can have the same result.
And, let's not forget how easy it is for the CLEO to yank your "right" without legitimate reason.

*ED - Pilgrim: You, Sir, have beat me to it. :)

Last edited:
CT. gun confiscation law

WOW! Scary. I that Mass. was bad. With all the people I piss off on a daily basis it`s a good thing I don`t live in CT.

A Torrington man was one of the 22 gun owners who are known to have had their seized firearms returned to them.

In October 2006, Torrington police got a seizure warrant after the man made 28 unsubstantiated claims of vandalism to his property in three-year period. In the application, police described the man's behavior as paranoid and delusional. They said he installed an alarm system, surveillance cameras, noise emitting devices and spotlights for self-protection. They also reported that he had a pistol permit and possessed firearms.

A judge ordered the man's guns returned four months after police seized them. The judge said the police had failed to show the man posed any risk to himself or others. There also was no documented history of mental illness, no criminal record and no history of misusing firearms. "In fact, the firearms were found in a locked safe when the officers executed the warrant," the ruling said.

Couldn't this apply to virtually all of us?

They said he installed an alarm system - Check

surveillance cameras - Check

noise emitting devices - Check

spotlights for self-protection - Check (although I also use them to see at night [rolleyes] )

They also reported that he had a pistol permit and possessed firearms. - Check and Check...

I also have many years of mixed martial arts training, attended several knife, stick and gun defense classes, an AR15 training class and have a really big dog.

So i guess I'm a flat out looney... [thinking]

"In a Southington case, a man threatened to shoot a neighbor's dog."

Are you sh!tting me??????

I called the police when there was a pitty running loose in my neighborhood. I told him my kids are outside and if this thing comes close to them I would be putting it down. He told me "I understand and will send out a cruiser". The police also had a talk with the owner of the unregistered dog.
Now that I think of it....havent seen that dog out again

Back
Top Bottom