Cruiser shot in Millis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a couple of gun clubs close by?Fin fur and Feather is one and the other is in Walpole not too far from Forest rd. Maybe he heard gunfire from one of the clubs and panicked. I don't want to minimize the threat to cops these days but some cops might be hyper aware and react to a harmless noise.

Walpole is too far from that location to hear anything loud or even anything at all. But this whole case does sound kinda fishy. Not sure what happened there, but we may never know the truth anyway.

Isn't there a couple of gun clubs close by?Fin fur and Feather is one and the other is in Walpole not too far from Forest rd. Maybe he heard gunfire from one of the clubs and panicked. I don't want to minimize the threat to cops these days but some cops might be hyper aware and react to a harmless noise.

That is a lightly populated area. If there were a gunshot (doubtful to me at this point), it could have been someone in their backyard. Plenty of distance there for the 500' from another dwelling requirement, 300' from a street. People say some of the pellet guns sound like .22's. Could have been a teen in their backyard and some cop watching too much news panicked.

24 cops are killed in 8 months and its a war on police. Police kill 800 people in that time and it's just business as usual.

The police killed 800 people in the last 8 months ??? I dont need all the links but 100 or so would do... I swear sometimes I think I clicked a wrong link and ended up on World star hip hop forums [rofl]

Keep laughing. I'm on my phone and can't copy paste easily, but it was around 400 in may, and 600 at the beginning of August from a couple quick sites. 800 may be rounding up, but the truth is well over your joke number of 100.

And no one is saying they were all innocent victims or didn't deserve it.

There were a few in boston in the past few months. 800 seems very plausible.

I have no idea of the circumstances and wish the officers well, but I saw 4 pair of officers in full helmet and vests with slung M16 on different street corners and a probably 6 more standard cop cars on my detour home today.

images
images

You mean the situation where the wrong quantity of people of the wrong race and wrong gender in the wrong make, model, and color vehicle got lit up? Those guys sure had egg on their faces.

Is that what this is called?

Also, why don't the newspapers use the alleged word when describing this incident? They always call everything else alleged.

Good point!

Dumb crackahs driving their pickups by schools in broad daylight. Dumba**es.

One or two shots and those cruisers go right up. Boom. With a big ball o fire and lots of smoke.

Whatever happened with the black powder rifle shooting in... Somewhere in the south shore...?

Mansfield, on Rt.140. The guy that waited for an MSP cruiser. At 0200. With a black powder rifle. Which the trooper magically recovered. And then we heard nothing else.
That one?

Looking at all these POLICE officers in their tactical gear its just a matter of time before one of these departments gets a Submarine, I mean do they want to be Police Officers or soldiers?

Copied from a facebook post

Update from Millis Police
Millis Police Department

For Immediate Release

This morning at about 10:30 a.m., the Millis Middle School received a disturbing call. The caller indicated a crime may occur in Town today. About an hour later, the same school received a telephoned bomb threat.

Millis Police and Fire responded immediately and the facility was quickly secured. A protective sweep was conducted with support from the Mass State Police EOD Unit. No evidence of any device was discovered.

Later this afternoon a Millis Police cruiser was travelling on Forest Rd. in the southeast section of Town. The officer observed a red pickup truck coming in the opposite direction as the two cars met, the operator of the pickup without provocation opened fire on the Millis cruiser. The officer spun around and in an attempt to avoid gunfire and seek cover left the road striking a tree. The police cruiser was immediately engulfed in fire.

The officer exited and returned fire at the pickup truck as it fled south towards Medfield. When the first assisting police and fire units arrived, the police vehicle was fully involved in flames. The officer was transported by Medfield FD to Norwood Hospital for evaluation and released early this evening.

The suspect who fired from the maroon pickup is described as a white male, tanned, approximately 25-40 years of age, who was armed with a black handgun.

A massive police response came to the aid of Millis PD. The neighborhood was locked down while police teams including SWAT and K9 officers as well as the State Police helicopter combed the area. No evidence of the vehicle has been found in the immediate area. At this time investigators from the Mass Sate Police and the Fire Marshalls office are processing the scene. The neighborhood has been cleared and the “shelter in place” has been lifted. Residents may return to their homes. While there is no indication these events are connected, in an abundance of caution Millis Public Schools will be closed tomorrow.

Millis Police are asking anyone who may have been in the Forest Rd area of Millis today and may have seen this person or the red pickup truck to call 508-376-2233.

Forest Rd. will remain closed near the crime scene for several hours while technician conduct this investigations.

Is it time to shelter in place? Are you telling me that with all their tacti-cool gear they can't handle someone in a pickup truck with a pistol?

Maybe it only works on unarmed folks...

Without any corroborating information/evidence, certainly seems like a bullshit story. He was doing something stupid, crashed into the tree, and then covered it up.

The suspect who fired from the maroon pickup is described as a white male, tanned, approximately 25-40 years of age, who was armed with a black handgun.

So this mushroom is still on the loose. Two handguns in bed with me tonight. The .45 with two full mags and my ppk/s but I can only find the one mag.

Was thinking of pulling out the two AR's and load all my 30 round mags. might be overkill but would rather have it and not need it and all.

Probably will just sleep with the two hand guns.

I'm not in Millis or Medfield but i'm not that far away either.

So this mushroom is still on the loose. Two handguns in bed with me tonight. The .45 with two full mags and my ppk/s but I can only find the one mag.

Was thinking of pulling out the two AR's and load all my 30 round mags. might be overkill but would rather have it and not need it and all.

let me guess, you drive a maroon truck?

wrong color to own today, that's for sure

Better sleep with body armor on, too. And booby trap the house - saw halfway through all the supports for your stairs so he can't get upstairs. Matter of fact - just watch Home Alone and do everything he does.

Without any corroborating information/evidence, certainly seems like a bullshit story. He was doing something stupid, crashed into the tree, and then covered it up.

I got negged for this. Because considering how many times the cops have gotten caught in lies, it's completely impossible for someone to crash and make up a story to cover it.

Thanks fivepak!

The suspect who fired from the maroon pickup is described as a white male, tanned, approximately 25-40 years of age, who was armed with a black handgun. So this mushroom is still on the loose. Two handguns in bed with me tonight. The .45 with two full mags and my ppk/s but I can only find the one mag. Was thinking of pulling out the two AR's and load all my 30 round mags. might be overkill but would rather have it and not need it and all. Probably will just sleep with the two hand guns. I'm not in Millis or Medfield but i'm not that far away either.
I don't know how you'd be able to get any sleep knowing that you have empty mags somewhere...

I got negged for this. Because considering how many times the cops have gotten caught in lies, it's completely impossible for someone to crash and make up a story to cover it.

Thanks fivepak!

You're welcome.

Neg back. I really don't give a crap. Someday some of you big tough cop haters will need a cop. I know you think you won't.

You're welcome.

Neg back. I really don't give a crap. Someday some of you big tough cop haters will need a cop. I know you think you won't.

Naw, I'm not a petty little bitch who retaliates like that when I disagree with a valid, although pessimistic, opinion.

And there's a difference between being a cop hater and someone who doesn't take a Cop's word as gospel just because he wears a badge. If it was me or you, they'd be looking real hard at what happened instead of just taking our word for it.

Id like to know how he drew his gun so fast to return fire on a moving pickup truck... With a holster that probably has 3 safetys..

Are you actually serious in regards to drawing from a police style holster quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom