• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

coup: new yorker article, is this possible; trump refuses to step down if he loses ?

Plus reportedly he loves getting revenge, well he is going to be a busy second term POTUS to give all their due.

They might want to be more concerned after he is out of office.
The guy is still a billionare.
He new hobby might be dicking with the fools who messed with him.

Wow. Just wow. The New Yorker actually taking the President's words out of context in paragraph 1??? Say it isn't so!

LOL

Hard to be relevant with a 1950's magazine in 2020. Hell, all of their good writers are trying to flood the market with books and podcasts just to stay employed. But come on. The President replies "It will be a continuation." He doesn't mean he's taking it over, it means he believes he is going to win. How dumb do you have to get to work at the NY in 2020?

For the love of God, take advantage of early voting in person if you have it available. I've already voted, in person, on one of the computers (not saying that is anywhere near foolproof). The only good thing about the computers is most hackers aren't really good enough to cover their tracks if they start messing around in the system. Paper ballots can just disappear.

For the love of God, take advantage of early voting in person if you have it available. I've already voted, in person, on one of the computers (not saying that is anywhere near foolproof). The only good thing about the computers is most hackers aren't really good enough to cover their tracks if they start messing around in the system. Paper ballots can just disappear.
Connecticut doesn't have "early voting" per se, just absentee, so your ballot - in its various layers of envelopes - is sitting somewhere, guarded/unguarded who knows.

A week from Tuesday, I will be bubbling in bubbles and personally sliding my ballot into the scanner.

Oh, and if the weather is conductive, it will be followed by a ride, so I'll be in my MTB gear, thus ensuring automatic distancing. [devil]

Last edited:
Here's the thing.....the left has never accepted the results of the 2016 election

They wont accept another term of Trump no matter how many electoral college votes he gets.....

In their mind he's already illegitimate and has stolen the WH.......

These people are living in their own private realities.......you cant reason with most of these people because many of them really are suffering from mental illness

I work with a guy who emmigrated here from the UK and is now a US citizen and he was pitching a hissy fit after the 2016 election about how trump lost because he didnt win popular vote

When I pointed out that here in the US its the electoral college that determines winner of POTUS election he complained mightily until I asked....."Didnt you have to learn this as part of your citizenship test"? He STFU right then and there.......

And he can remain STFU for another four years.

They barely did in 2000. Ultimately, it just doesn't matter. Congress will abide by whatever the USSC says in the end.

It's too bad Ruthy didn't retire before Obama died. Gorsuch would be sitting in there right now and not a single peep would be said about the USSC potentially deciding this election.

Back
Top Bottom