Correlation? Controlling people.

[pics]

OP should have banged her...husband? Thrown the keys on the roof and done an upper decker.
Jesus.....my brothers rex has a catted invidia exhaust and its fricken loud, especially during a cold start. I have an aftermarket exhaust on my car as well but it's so civilized in comparison. Forget the neighbors, I don't know how you live with the drone lol

Anyway, before I derail this thread even further, anyone who complains about a bunch of neighborhood kids playing outside before 10pm can suck it. Unless the kids are being obnoxiously loud, screaming like animals, or breaking things, I love seeing kids playing on my street on the rare occasion it happens. In fact, I would buy them a ball if it meant getting them unglued from their phones and out playing.

When no one in the neighborhood but 1 or 2 people complain about stuff like that, they're usually what we refer to as the neighborhood C words. We had one near us growing up, would even call the cops about noise from time to time despite being a block away. No one else in the neighborhood had an issue except that one miserable C word.

If the kids are not terrorizing the place, suck it up a little, adults. A little noise isn't the end of the world.

Well, yeah.

What I personally find amusing is your singular focus on so called "conservative" religious groups to the conspicuous exclusion of the inverse of which there are a great many

Oh? What liberal religious lobbying groups are there?

I’m not referring to liberal churches. There are plenty of liberal churches. What liberal religious lobbying groups are there who have similar stature and power to what the Christian Coalition and Moral Majority had at the peak of their power. If there are a “great many” as you claim, then you can quickly name them.

If you don’t post evidence, then it is clear that you just made that up.

Then it will be easy for you to post a link. You made the assertion. Prove it.

Pretty sure he defended his point. While no actual link, he definitely pointed you to an obvious example or two.

Agree or disagree, no matter. He pointed to evidence. You saying that he didnt is not a great debate tactic....just saying.

Pretty sure he defended his point. While no actual link, he definitely pointed you to an obvious example or two.

Agree or disagree, no matter. He pointed to evidence. You saying that he didnt is not a great debate tactic....just saying.

Oh? Then you can repost it.

What he posts were liberal CHURCHES. CHURCHES are not the same as POLITICAL LOBBYING ORGANIZATIONS.

The Moral Majority and Christian Coalition were not churches.

Oh? Then you can repost it.

What he posts were liberal CHURCHES. CHURCHES are not the same as POLITICAL LOBBYING ORGANIZATIONS.

The Moral Majority and Christian Coalition were not churches.

Not my fight. I was merely pointing out that your tactic of calling jpk out for not providing evidence was bogus. Because he did provide it. And if I saw and understood it, then it's there, because my reading comprehension skills on stuff I dont care about are pretty low.

Not my fight. I was merely pointing out that your tactic of calling jpk out for not providing evidence was bogus. Because he did provide it. And if I saw and understood it, then it's there, because my reading comprehension skills on stuff I dont care about are pretty low.

I certainly don’t see it. What I saw was a list of liberal churches. I did not see a list of liberal, religious political groups. If I missed that, then please just quote it so I can see it.

The same with his claim that liberal politicians are supporting Sharia Law. I didn’t see him post evidence to support that.

I certainly don’t see it. What I saw was a list of liberal churches. I did not see a list of liberal, religious political groups. If I missed that, then please just quote it so I can see it.

Ok, I'll try again: not my fight, and the info is there so READ BETTER.

If the info is there then you can easily quote it and directly prove me wrong and I will admit it.

You're a thick one.....I dont give a shit if I can prove you right or wrong. I dont care what you think or say. None of this is my fight. I followed the thread and saw your argument, and i saw jpk's replies and I understand what you each said. My input is that your tactic of calling out people for evidence is either juvenile (because evidence is there) or because you are thick and you didnt understand what you read. At this point I am leaning toward the latter.

I am done, please dont reply challenging me to provide evidence that you cannot find or understand. Smh..

She live should in my neighborhood .My next door neighbor cuts his lawn till dark and later. Fine with me, but my parrot needs her sleep and gets pissed. Jack.

Ive been known to turn my back lights on and cut the lawn or leafblow til 9 pm Other days ill wake up and fire up the chainsaw at 630 am if I have a lot of tree work to do. Snowdays im up at 4am plowing and snowblowing before work.

I work during the day. Im not paying a lawn service or landscaper. If I have shit to do on off times after or before work, I dont give a f***. It gets done.

My neighbor wants to do the same, you wont hear me bitching about it. More power to them

Last edited:
Ive been known to turn my back lights on and cut the lawn or leafblow til 9 pm Other days ill wake up and fire up the chainsaw at 630 am if I have a lot of tree work to do. Snowdays im up at 4am plowing and snowblowing before work.

I work during the day. Im not paying a lawn service or landscaper. If I have shit to do on off times after or before work, I dont give a f***. It gets done.

My neighbor wants to do the same, you wont hear me bitching about it. More power to them

A couple kids laughing and playing with a ball at 9pm is different than firing up a loud ass chainsaw at 6am lol I would be kind of annoyed if you were my direct next door neighbor. Two houses down or more? I'll suck it up, not that big of a deal.

Plowing or snowblowing, I could care less as its relatively rare and needs to get done that day no matter what...but the trees annoying you can't wait till after work or some decent hour of the day??

All this assuming you're in a typical suburb near the city where the houses are close enough to matter. If you have some distance with your neighbor and its its just a bit of noise that hits them, they should suck it up or get better windows.

Never minded early snowblowers or late mowers. In the summer 8-9 PM is usually a pretty good time to mow since it cools a bit and the sun isn't as strong. 3 AM fireworks is a different matter. Last summer I had people within hearing range firing fireworks at midnight nearly every weekend and it got old. Thankfully the A/C drowned most of it out. Doing it on Independence Day (and maybe a week or two after if you had some left over) is fine with me, but a random August night is kind of lame. I'm up anyway, it's just irritating.

I grew up in Ho-Hi-Ho. It's nothing to be sunset in June and July at 9 o'clock or so. Dark at 9:30. Stopping lawnmowing at 8???? With an hour of sunlight left??????

I recall one night, I was 4 or 5, and got in trouble. Straight to bed. 6pm. It was like being told to go to bed at noon here. LOL

My only noise problem neighbor has an affinity for fireworks. Guy is probably 40 and will set off fireworks at 11pm on random days. Very annoying.
Correlate the noise with major league sports games.

Maybe dude's a BigBigFan,
and he only lights 'em off when there's joy in Mudville.

Some years back, I heard someone firing a gun late at night. It was a quick flurry of shots. He repeated this several times, several weeks apart. I don't think they ever caught the guy.
329o2p.jpg

the passive-aggressive facebook town-page shitposting stuff makes her a douchebag, unless she tried to resolve this some other
way. And it was 9:45 not 10 pm when she posted it. For all we know those kids could have gone inside right after she posted it. [laugh]
Kids probably read the Facebook post on their phones mid-riot,
and Noped into their mother's basement.

valved exhausts are even on aftermarket now, just possibly spendy.
Mr. Gasket -
that's the name.
g125424_1

The name again,
is Mr. Gasket.

Words mean things. At least they used to. But now both side, all sides twist words that used to have well defined meanings, and make them unintelligible.

I run into libertarians who want guns banned!
I run into Catholics who support abortion!
I run into sports fans who think soccer is actually a sport!
I run into liberals who want lower taxes!

Words don’t have agreed upon meanings anymore. It’s why it’s nearly impossible these days to have a productive conversation. When you realize that your words don’t mean the same thing as their words, you’re not having a discussion. You’re speaking different languages and not conveying any information.
You need a smartphone app which will listen to your conversation,
and repeat it to your Bluetooth ear frob with the word "cafeteria"
prepended to problematic terms.

I run into cafeteria libertarians who want guns banned!
I run into Cafeteria Catholics who support abortion!
I run into cafeteria sports fans who think soccer is actually a sport!
I run into cafeteria liberals who want lower taxes!​

Think of it as X-Ray Spex for your long-suffering ears.

One last thing. You cannot legislate morality. Your nation is either getting more virtuous or less virtuous.

See my sig line.

Everything just gets more of whatever it was before. The pendulum swings both ways.

I've snow-blowed at 11pm before. I'm relatively sure the neighbors' windows were closed at the time.

Where I live, there are times that you have to blow snow twice before 0600 in order to get out of the driveway for work. 2-3feet of snow each time and I removed it around 11pm and 0400. No neighbor ever complained.

Back
Top Bottom