Coonan firearms fiasco

There’s no reason no matter how F busy they are not to respond to paying customers . At minimum offer a sorry where looking at Another 10-16 weeks or a refund.
I can be a dick over shit like this.
You paid for a product and it was not delivered when promised and now there’s no comm.
I would send one last email asking for a refund if not reporting to the FBI credit card fraud

There’s no reason no matter how F busy they are not to respond to paying customers . At minimum offer a sorry where looking at Another 10-16 weeks or a refund.
I can be a dick over shit like this.
You paid for a product and it was not delivered when promised and now there’s no comm.
I would send one last email asking for a refund if not reporting to the FBI credit card fraud
This. At least answer the friggin phone.

BBB is a scam,you can get whatever rating you want if you donate enough.

I filed a complaint against Iron Mountain some years ago for not getting 2 days pay after I found another job.Iron Mountain sent BB a message back saying they were going to pay me,but they never did.Still had an excellent rating and did nothing for me after my follow up calls.

That must have something to do with the reason why every other time I see an Iron Mountain driver they look like they're about to burst into tears or can't wait go to drink a gallon of beer somewhere?

-Mike

Has anyone in this situation demanded a refund from Coonan?
There’s a bunch of guys I’ve been chatting with who are doing CC chargebacks.

I got letters via email from BOA saying they received my documents and are going to investigate the charge. Said I won’t hear anything until 30 days from now. Just glad BOA didn’t blow me off....yet. Fingers crossed.

It sounds like they bit off more than they could chew, and instead of doing the right thing (offering a refund, or to put your money against a different model or
something) now they're turtling.

Even if they are of limited capacity there is a better way they could have handled this, namely doing something like taking a deposit or only taking X number of
requests for builds in a year, etc.

Lots of businesses are like "Bweah never turn away customers!" but bad press is 100x worse than turning away a customer because you can't meet their
needs.

-Mike
I think you nailed exactly what’s going on.

That must have something to do with the reason why every other time I see an Iron Mountain driver they look like they're about to burst into tears or can't wait go to drink a gallon of beer somewhere?

-Mike

I wasnt even driving for them,i was working in the warehouse "for no more than 2 weeks ".It went beyond that so i quit and got a different job.Driving for them isnt that bad work wise..i have,and am,doing more backbreaking work than IM.

I ordered and paid for a Tesla "Not a Flamethrower" at the beginning of the year and still don't have it.

I think Elon Musk used my money to buy dope.

^^ He is only making 500.. which is long past. Then not making them anymore because all the liberal crying about it.

If you don't already have one your beat.

I got the following email from them at the end of September. Have you heard something new since then?

"Greetings Everyone!

We wanted to send out a note updating you on the status of your order. It’s been a long wait – and we appreciate your patience! Not-a-Flamethrowers will ship progressively throughout the next two months, with final shipments sent out in November.

If you have any questions about your shipment, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

We love you! Bear with us!

The Boring Company"

^^ He is only making 500.. which is long past. Then not making them anymore because all the liberal crying about it.

If you don't already have one your beat.

I sent then n email on 9/10 asking for status. They replied back asking if my mailing address was correct. Then they said it would ship next week. A couple of weeks later I asked for tracking since I hadn’t gotten it. They replied that they had packaging issues and then I got it the next week, and I got it on 10/2.

I got the following email from them at the end of September. Have you heard something new since then?

"Greetings Everyone!

We wanted to send out a note updating you on the status of your order. It’s been a long wait – and we appreciate your patience! Not-a-Flamethrowers will ship progressively throughout the next two months, with final shipments sent out in November.

If you have any questions about your shipment, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

We love you! Bear with us!

The Boring Company"

I just know he has said on multiple talk shows when asked about them he isn't making them anymore. The ones that are out are it. He might be filling the initial orders.. not sure.

No excuse for not answering the phone. One of the people that works there must have a wife girlfriend son daughter relative that could come in and at least answer the phone for a couple days and return emails. No excuse just very bad business practice and if he doesn’t go out of business because of this is a lucky SOB.

No excuse for not answering the phone. One of the people that works there must have a wife girlfriend son daughter relative that could come in and at least answer the phone for a couple days and return emails. No excuse just very bad business practice and if he doesn’t go out of business because of this is a lucky SOB.
Yep there’s literally no excuse especially considering how expensive the pistols are

So I’ve been texting with another customer who’s in the same boat as me. He reached out to Hunter Eliot of Rangehot who has done reviews on YouTube for Coonan.

His response:
The word I got was,
The 10mm was way more popular than anticipated and that has caused problems with the entire line of getting guns machined and assembled. Remember Coonan is a small company with limited manpower as compared to large manufacturers. I know that sucks but I am trying to be straight with you all and what I have heard.

I would not worry at this point though I know it has been way too long to get your gun. Please be patient and I hope to have a better update by Monday or Tuesday.

I will keep you posted,
Hunter

Sorry but I wouldn't believe this for a second. This guy is not part of the company so is insight is..."limited" is the word i would choose. Secondly, you have customers banging down your doors looking for refunds, contacting the ATF, and flooding any account associated with you...and they choose to respond with silence. If it was so popular you would have hired someone by now to just send out standard emails saying the wait is longer than quoted.

Maybe you choose to believe this but to believe anything a Youtube reviewer has to say about a company that you, a paying customer, hasn't heard from is foolish.

Sorry but I wouldn't believe this for a second. This guy is not part of the company so is insight is..."limited" is the word i would choose. Secondly, you have customers banging down your doors looking for refunds, contacting the ATF, and flooding any account associated with you...and they choose to respond with silence. If it was so popular you would have hired someone by now to just send out standard emails saying the wait is longer than quoted.

Maybe you choose to believe this but to believe anything a Youtube reviewer has to say about a company that you, a paying customer, hasn't heard from is foolish.
You’re right. I don’t buy it either. Like I said, how hard is it to send out an email blast giving an update on orders??

Someone try and order a couple brand new pistols and see if the order goes through. If it does shows he’s still defrauding the public. You can always cancel it soon after it goes through. I’d do it but I’m broke.

Someone try and order a couple brand new pistols and see if the order goes through. If it does shows he’s still defrauding the public. You can always cancel it soon after it goes through. I’d do it but I’m broke.
Another customer they messaged me said he tried to order a compensated Coonan upper and it would not process. All pistols are now listed as out of stock on their website.

Exactly! How hard is that to do!?

The legit answer and I'm not trying to be a d!ck is very hard.

Running a custom business where every pistol is different has to be a challenge at the best of times and very difficult when things start to go wrong. You can quickly get into a vicious spiral where orders are piling up and nothing is getting shipped. Ceasing to answer the phone is damage control triage, you sacrifice communications with your customers in order to try and break the production log jam.

It's a good sign they've stopped taking new orders. Now the question is do they have enough working capital (cash) to see them through while they unf*** themselves and catch up with existing orders.

I understand this is my first post - yes, long-time reader, zero-contributor.

I was following your thread, and being from Minnesota, having escaped the clutches of Massachusetts and my recent return to my "homeland", I felt some sort of obligation to investigate.

I moved back in May 2018 and have recently purchased a home in the South Metro of the Cities, but I actually have a buddy who lives ~5 min from Coonan up in Blaine. When I read the thread this morning, I reached out to him to ask how far it was and if he'd be willing to make a quick trip to the shop to check status, if people were manning the station, etc.

He obliged and said everything looked to be in order. I didn't press him on the fact that I asked this courtesy for him to drill the workers on behalf of some dude from central Mass who was infuriated and has become bastion of the NES commonfolk to demand the call for justice. But like I said, they were in operation.

If needed, I can press him to ask about delays in orders and the like. He's a good friend who I have taken shooting to enjoy the satisfaction of AK variants, my AR builds with 30-rd Lancer mags purchased upon my move (yet built in MA pre-Heal-Fuhrer), and the other goodies I've accumulated since leaving the Commiewealth. Though a "restricted" state, things are still much, much better out here.

Let me know.

I understand this is my first post - yes, long-time reader, zero-contributor.

I was following your thread, and being from Minnesota, having escaped the clutches of Massachusetts and my recent return to my "homeland", I felt some sort of obligation to investigate.

I moved back in May 2018 and have recently purchased a home in the South Metro of the Cities, but I actually have a buddy who lives ~5 min from Coonan up in Blaine. When I read the thread this morning, I reached out to him to ask how far it was and if he'd be willing to make a quick trip to the shop to check status, if people were manning the station, etc.

He obliged and said everything looked to be in order. I didn't press him on the fact that I asked this courtesy for him to drill the workers on behalf of some dude from central Mass who was infuriated and has become bastion of the NES commonfolk to demand the call for justice. But like I said, they were in operation.

If needed, I can press him to ask about delays in orders and the like. He's a good friend who I have taken shooting to enjoy the satisfaction of AK variants, my AR builds with 30-rd Lancer mags purchased upon my move (yet built in MA pre-Heal-Fuhrer), and the other goodies I've accumulated since leaving the Commiewealth. Though a "restricted" state, things are still much, much better out here.

Let me know.
WOW that sure is one hell of a first post! And what a small world that an NES member has a friend who lives close by to Coonan! I really appreciate you reaching out to your friend and taking the time to post an update here.

That’s good to hear that it looks like they’re still operating. I would assume he made that determination based on seeing cars parked at the facility and/or seeing people come and go?

As much as I’d love to have him try to talk to someone there, I don’t know if I should get him involved in this mess?

Back
Top Bottom