Congressman Shot

One of my FB semi-relatives was excited that he might not come back and the Dem governor will be able to replace him with a dem congressman. True?

The LA. governor is a democrat in a predominately republican state, if he was to replace Scalise with a D, that would be the end of the governor on that day, politically speaking and quite possibly literally speaking. Steve Scalise district is the lower part of LA. and east of Baton Roge to the Mississippi state line, which is bayou and country folk, not the liberal cities of N.O. Baton Rouge, Lafayette, its a nice chunk of LA., he's a good ol' country boy that lives in Jefferson Parish.

That would be a really, REALLY bad move to make, not just for his political future, but for the entire
country as well.

Right now, the Senate is 52R - 48D, I have no doubt that there are a shitload of Libs out there that are hoping
and praying (and not thinking about the consequences), that the Gov. would appoint a Dem to make the voting
block an uncomfortably close 51R - 49D.

Doing so would send out a message to any whack jobs of both political persuasions that they can change the
numbers in their favor by assassinating a Congress critter or two. I wouldn't be surprised if the shooter may have had
that in mind all along.

Wow! I feel f'ing stupid. I used to own a Norinco SKS and I could have sworn it was a type 56, but you are correct.

Well, it's an easy thing to cross up, don't feel stupid. "Type 56" is the designation of the Chinese SKS made for the Chinese military. Norinco certainly did import thousands of Chinese SKS type 56 rifles.

Norinco is an importer/exporter but some folks say some Chinese SKSs were also manufactured under the name "Norinco" made by some other factory, kind of like Kenmore never made any appliances but they slapped the Kenmore name on all kinds of stuff made by GE and Whirlpool, etc to be sold at Sears.

That said, the Norinco 56s is definitely not the same as the Chinese SKS type 56 imported by Norinco. Clear as mud isn't it. No clue why Norinco decided to call an AK clone a model 56s when they were still importing (and maybe manufacturing) the SKS type 56. So basically the SKS is the name of the rifle with a "type 56" designation so it's still referred to as a SKS. The Norinco 56s is referred to as the "Norinco 56s". I may be off a little on some of the details but you get the idea.

That would be a really, REALLY bad move to make, not just for his political future, but for the entire
country as well.

Right now, the Senate is 52R - 48D, I have no doubt that there are a shitload of Libs out there that are hoping
and praying (and not thinking about the consequences), that the Gov. would appoint a Dem to make the voting

Doing so would send out a message to any whack jobs of both political persuasions that they can change the
numbers in their favor by assassinating a Congress critter or two. I wouldn't be surprised if the shooter may have had
that in mind all along.

I wouldn't be surprised either.

What a stupid law, letting the governor fill the seat. How about a special election so the people who are being represented actually have a say in their representation. You know, kind of like one of those republics we hear so much about.

country as well.

that in mind all along.

This isn't really the case for Steve Scalise. He is the current Republican Majority Whip in the House of Representatives. If he were to pass and be replaced by a Democratic, the republicans would still hold a 237 to 194 majority, with 4 unfilled seats still up for grabs as of 25 April 2017. His passing would have no effect on the breakdown of republicans vs democrats in the US Senate.

country as well.

that in mind all along.

Scalise is in the house of retarded representatives. He's from the 1st district in LA. but, yes, if the gov from LA. appointed a D to his district, the gloves would come off pretty fast.

that in mind all along.
Remember, in politics all that matters is winning. Just look at the rules for replacing a senate vacancy from MA: Governor's appointment if a D is in power; special election if a R is in power.

Scalise is in the house of retarded representatives. He's from the 1st district in LA. but, yes, if the gov from LA. appointed a D to his district, the gloves would come off pretty fast.

This isn't really the case for Steve Scalise. He is the current Republican Majority Whip in the House of Representatives. If he were to pass and be replaced by a Democratic, the republicans would still hold a 237 to 194 majority, with 4 unfilled seats still up for grabs as of 25 April 2017. His passing would have no effect on the breakdown of republicans vs democrats in the US Senate.

Opps... brain fart there. [thinking]

Remember, in politics all that matters is winning. Just look at the rules for replacing a senate vacancy from MA: Governor's appointment if a D is in power; special election if a R is in power.

Yeah, I remember when they pulled that stunt when Romney was governor and Kerry was running for President.

I just heard a doctor on FOXNews talking about the shooting. She said that the bullets used were not regular bullets. They are assault rifle bullets and are far more deadly than regular bullets. She went on to say that they break up into many little pieces and caused all kinds of small ancillary wounds. Unlike regular bullets which I guess are far less deadly.

I just heard a doctor on FOXNews talking about the shooting. She said that the bullets used were not regular bullets. They are assault rifle bullets and are far more deadly than regular bullets. She went on to say that they break up into many little pieces and caused all kinds of small ancillary wounds. Unlike regular bullets which I guess are far less deadly.

Where can we get some of those?

Meanwhile we continue running on the insanity track:

[FONT=&amp]Mexico City (AFP) - There is a force more powerful than prejudice, that cannot be contained by any wall, that unites people in friendship even if they do not speak the same language.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
That force is beer, according to a trio of craft brewers from the United States and Mexico that have teamed up to create a new brew for the President Donald Trump era.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
The beer's label portrays the American president as a traditional Mexican mariachi musician with a swastika belt buckle.
[/FONT]

What a sack he is.
Where was his tough talk when he got shafted in the first place?
Oh that's right , he grabbed his ankles like a two dollar whore on Saturday night and took it, along with the lake house.

^THIS

Instead of storming the White House, White House ran over him and sent him packing into a fishing cabin.

Our elected representatives need to start looking out for someone other than just themselves. It's all grab what you can,and beat feet down the road before you get bagged. If they don't start standing up and doing the right thing,this could could devolve into a death spiral. I know everyone is ready for "Go Time" but I would prefer my children not to grow up in the Gaza. That said, you do what you have to do. Listen,I'm no Josey Wales (best western ever made!) just saying.

block an uncomfortably close 51R - 49D..

Since Scalise is a Representative, not a Senator, Replacing him wouldn't change the balance of the Senate.

Our elected representatives need to start looking out for someone other than just themselves. It's all grab what you can,and beat feet down the road before you get bagged. If they don't start standing up and doing the right thing,this could could devolve into a death spiral. I know everyone is ready for "Go Time" but I would prefer my children not to grow up in the Gaza. That said, you do what you have to do. Listen,I'm no Josey Wales (best western ever made!) just saying.

There is no "Go Time". We are not living in Gaza or Syria or Sudan. We are light years ahead of them.

They want to provoke us into "Go Time" so they can replace us faster, but we need to realize that their strategy is very sophisticated and proven to work very well in any democracy.

This is how it works; They need to dominate media, education, security and all information channels. Then, they will select groups of people who will be pushed to the fringes. In democracy it is enough if majority of stupids believe you are a possible danger to them and they will get rid of you faster than any "Go time".

So far, everything is running according to their plans, except we voted for Trump. That gave us a little breeding space and also some time to realize how stupid we were in the past.

There will be no "Go Time"!

attachment.php

Attachments

• syrac.jpg
    syrac.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 355

Feds might be interested in seeing that. It would be worth bringing to their attention even if it just resulted in her having to field an unexpected phone call from the FBI asking her to explain what was the meaning of a statement like that.

Bill Maher was postulating that the left always expects the right to pick up a gun and shoot people, but he knows it is almost always a leftist. Hardcore leftists are mostly mentally deranged, that is why they resort to violence when frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feds might be interested in seeing that. It would be worth bringing to their attention even if it just resulted in her having to field an unexpected phone call from the FBI asking her to explain what was the meaning of a statement like that.

Do not worry, they see this + more........Objects in the rear view mirror........ Back to chasing alleged Russian hackers in Prague instead![banghead]

They might not have seen it on twitter, but they've SURE as heck seen it once it was posted on NES [laugh]

This story will fade off into the night and the LSM will be back to their Russia Russia Russia fairytales in no time flat.

While digesting that fact just imagine the reaction of the shooter was a Trump supporter that shot at Pelosi/Schumer/Warren/Schiff et al. CNN would be calling for door to door confiscation of privately owned firearms and an end to 2A. ****ing bullshit double standard

Back
Top Bottom