• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed Knife Carry Help?

My LTC-A is restricted. I carry a cheap knife in my pocket now, but are there other options? It need to be concealed, but easy to get to. I am not looking to spend a lot of cash either.

Thanks!

I carry a Kershaw Storm II (half-serrated), clipped on the inside of the waistband of my jeans. All that can be seen is the belt clip, which is under the belt. To conceal it even better, I have my MiniMag flashlight sheath positioned right over the clip.
IMHO it's a great knife. It's thin but not tough to grip.

KE-1475ST.jpg

http://www.knivesplus.com/kershaw-knife-ke-1475st.html

Ka-Bar TDI, I'd rather have a 2" fixed blade than an 4" folder.
KA-1480-small.jpg

Benchmade CBK is my personal favorite but you can't carry it in MA (push dagger and double-edged):

175BT.jpg

Carrying Dangerous Weapons

When LEOs tell you stuff like this, ask politely for a citation to MGLs. That way you can verify whether it's true or BS (BS in this case).

Yeah LenS exactly on point, Please read MGL 269-10(b). This statute is commonly throughout Mass. It can be either a Felony (hence LTC status) or misdemeanor. Pay attention to the wording on "daggers." Also, almost cities and towns have a municipal ordinance prohibiting the carrying of knife in excess of 2.5 inches.

MGL related to knives>>>

(b) Whoever, except as provided by law, carries on his person, or carries on his person or under his control in a vehicle, any stiletto, dagger or a device or case which enables a knife with a locking blade to be drawn at a locked position, any ballistic knife, or any knife with a detachable blade capable of being propelled by any mechanism, dirk knife, any knife having a double-edged blade, or a switch knife, or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which the blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches...

So if I have a 3.25" folding/locking knife, I am ok to state law yes? Non-dagger.

I have a kershaw tanto blur, really nice knife for the money. I won't carry it if it is going to get me in trouble.

The only length limit, on a state level, is 1.5" for daggers and autos.

Worcester and Boston, and maybe some more cities/towns, have their own ordinances (with civil penalties) regarding blade length.

Back
Top Bottom