• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

conceal carry in newyork city

I carry everywhere including NY.
We carry guns because there is a chance that we may be harmed or killed. That's why we choose to carry a self defense side arm. So you have to decide what concerns you more; the chance that you may suffer harm if you can't defend yourself with a gun, versus the chance that you may suffer legal troubles if you do carry a gun.

Not merely legal troubles, but getting nasty infectious diseases and foodborne illness during your stay at Riker's. No thanks!

I was just down the earlier in the week in Times Square. Next to the port authority terminal to be specific. The whole area is seedy and just horrible.

Was up in my hotel room when I heard a bunch of sirens. Looked out the window and lo and behold, a dead guy in the street. Not sure what happened but that could have been anyone with the stuff that happens there. No mention of any of this in the news.

I did not carry, only had a multi tool on me. I may think about it harder next time if I had to go down again. My head was on a swivel after seeing this.

Zoom in on the pic. I was nearly 20 floors up. You can see the white sheet covering the guy.
Dude probably just OD'ed. Manhattan is not "seedy". Last place I lived at they found a dead guy in a car - neighborhood was safe. At my current place there was a murder a few houses down (domestic) and an armed robbery nearby (guessing drug related) - I feel perfectly safe. Calm down, Manhattan isn't Detroit (I've been to both several times).

I spent lots of time in NYC in the 90's and 2000's. I have family that lives there still, so I go down there from time to time. All I can say is, its still got its issues, but it is WAY safer in the normal "tourist" and business areas than its ever been. Even the "bad" areas have changed or just don't exist anymore. Just keep your eyes up, phone away, and be aware of your surroundings. You are more likely to be hassled by drunk yuppie kids than criminals.

If you really want to be in the know, try this site. The forums are invaluable when you are traveling to a different state or city: http://www.city-data.com/

OP: When in NYC wear your black silk PJ's, conical bamboo sun-shade & open carry a Alpha Kilo 47....NYC commies will love you long time...[laugh]
Just made it back home from manhattan newyork,it was fun. In the tourist area down there cops are everywheres,and the onlything that bother me down there are street vendors who selling trinkets and try to raise the price as i lay my hand on it, and i nearly got hit in the face by a crazy blk kid who was standing in the door way ,he was throwing punches out into the street as i walk by,kid got long arms. I dont think it a good ideal to be walking around past midnight down there.

And outdoor ranges, we do have a lot of ranges (clubs) even compared to states that would otherwise be referred to as "free states".
That is one oddity about MA, oppressive gun control but you can't go a few miles without tripping over a shooting range.

That's because in most states you can just drive out into the boonies and act like it's a free fire zone.

You can't drive out of Mass or take a train and travel while carrying unless you go north.
Please stop posting bad information. This is all wildly inaccurate. I've legally traveled through 20 states with a gun.
He said "carry".

Were you legally carrying while departing Mass. to the east, south or west?

NYC sucks. It's gross, everything is a hassle, everything is expensive, the people are jerks, there's trash bags out on every street, and it smells like pee.

When I absolutely have no choice but to go, I carry a Kabar TDI in the waistband, a Streamlight ProTac, and a steel-bodied pen. DO NOT let a cop see a pocket clip for a folding knife or any other knife. Some NYC cops consider that to not be concealed. There are MANY stories of NYPD stopping people after spotting the pocket clips, and then trying to flick the knife open (if they succeed, they call it an automatic knife). No joke.

Back
Top Bottom