conceal carry in newyork city

i need advice , going down to newyork city, look like i can not carry my gun with me (i have massachusset ltc a), or my folding knife. may be pepper spray?

Dear God, NO NO NO NO NO

Your license means nothing in NYC. NYC doesn't even let police from other jurisdictions carry in NYC without a serious stink.
They have a knife ban too and O.C. can't be carried in NYC unless it has a special sticker indicating it was purchased IN NYC (seriously they have pharmacy approved O.C. sales).

It is ground zero for shitting on your rights and bankrupting you because they can. NYC also blatantly violates the federal Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA). They could care less about violating the Constitution and federal law until the SCotUS itself slaps them in the face with a rotten trout.

Pepper spray is supposedly legal but it must be a small container. IANAL.

You cannot have it if you are:

(i) is less than eighteen years of age;  or
(ii) has been previously convicted in this state of a felony or any assault;  or
(iii) has been convicted of a crime outside the state of New York which if committed in New York would constitute a felony or any assault crime.

Tactical pen is probably the best you can do:

https://www.amazon.com/CRKT-William...tactical+pen&qid=1566432913&s=gateway&sr=8-38

Not much, but slightly better than your bare hands. the top looks like a slightly angled flat but the edges are actually pretty sharp. I keep one with me when traveling abroad (usually in computer backpack) & so far it's passed through airport security in 9 different countries including some not so friendly to the USA.

How about you just avoid the mess and not go to NYC?
well wife and kid need a packmule to go with them on newyork city vacation/shopping spree. wife alway let me buy what ever guns that i want soo i have to go with her. look like i have to carry a roll of 1dollars bills with me , ill toss it in the air if people try to rob us , hopefully that will buy us enough time to run [rofl].thank you for the quick reply guys.

Tactical pen is probably the best you can do:

https://www.amazon.com/CRKT-William...tactical+pen&qid=1566432913&s=gateway&sr=8-38

Not much, but slightly better than your bare hands. the top looks like a slightly angled flat but the edges are actually pretty sharp. I keep one with me when traveling abroad (usually in computer backpack) & so far it's passed through airport security in 9 different countries including some not so friendly to the USA.

Will Jeff Bozo's amazon ship to DPRMA?

well wife and kid need a packmule to go with them on newyork city vacation/shopping spree. wife alway let me buy what ever guns that i want soo i have to go with her. look like i have to carry a roll of 1dollars bills with me , ill toss it in the air if people try to rob us , hopefully that will buy us enough time to run [rofl].thank you for the quick reply guys.

LOL, if you need to buy a little more time just add a couple scratch-off lottery tickets to the mix.

Oh. I know it won't help, but the shopping there sucks... everything is very expensive. And, anything you really need/want can be bought just fine up here in NH and avoid the sales taxes. The only thing I can really tolerate a little bit there is just walking around... Battery Park and over by the Brooklyn Bridge where there is a little park is kinda nice, if you absolutely have to be there. Last time there, we hung around that Brooklyn Bridge park for a while and there was this hot couple doing some kind of exercises with each other, zero eff's given that everyone was watching. That was the best part.

After my wife's first trip there with me, she never wanted to go back. Woo hoo! So, no need for that nonsense again... she got it out of her system and thinks its kind of boring.

...Your Mass LTC does not permit you to carry outside of Mass because Mass does not reciprocate with any other state...

Well, that’s not entirely true. MA does not have reciprocity with any other states, meaning MA doesn’t recognize the permits from any other state. That doesn’t, however, mean that other states don’t recognize MA LTCs. Many do, just not NY, CT, or RI.

Attachments

• F7BEF85F-33DF-42D1-ADFB-3C2B9E2806A2.jpeg
    F7BEF85F-33DF-42D1-ADFB-3C2B9E2806A2.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 54
Well, that’s not entirely true. MA does not have reciprocity with any other states, meaning MA doesn’t recognize the permits from any other state. That doesn’t, however, mean that other states don’t recognize MA LTCs. Many do, just not NY, CT, or RI.

True but you would have to fly into those states that:

*Require a carry permit (meaning a state that isn't constitutional carry); and
*Honor Mass LTCs

And those states are all west of NY. You can't drive out of Mass or take a train and travel while carrying unless you go north.

I would say massive situational awareness is your best bet in NYC. God, what a shithole.

This... And do your best to appear comfortable in your surroundings to anyone checking you out.
Honestly, Violent crime is probably below the national average anywhere you'd go "shopping" in NYC.

For all intents and purposes, your Mass LTC only applies to when you're in Mass. Your Mass LTC does not permit you to carry outside of Mass because Mass does not reciprocate with any other state. . . .
A rather significant number of states do recognize a Mass LTC regardless of reciprocity, so the statement above is inaccurate. But NY is definitely not among them.

True but you would have to fly into those states that:

*Require a carry permit (meaning a state that isn't constitutional carry); and
*Honor Mass LTCs

And those states are all west of NY. You can't drive out of Mass or take a train and travel while carrying unless you go north.

Easy, follow FOPA rules while traveling through NY. There are horror stories about NY disregarding FOPA, but in reality that’s a very tiny percentage of the people traveling through the state with guns.

To carry OC spray or CS spray in NYC, it must be purchased at a gun shop or a pharmacy (specifically these two types of business, and only these two types of business) and it must be marked "this is a defensive weapon only, to be used lawfully" etc. - retaining a receipt/paperwork is a good idea because apparently officers will jam you up even if it's marked properly. Unfortunately, this rule only allows RESIDENTS to purchase and carry pepper spray. Nonresidents cannot purchase or carry pepper spray.

(source) I was training NYPD officers for several weeks, and was given the regs when I inquired. I was offered a free PD-issued OC device from a Sgt. who said "Just take it, this is a bad area, don't worry about it" - I asked "Do I call you to vouch for me from the cell, or right there when I get stopped and frisked?" and that ended that.

When I lived in Brooklyn for a short while I simply bought my own compliant spray. IANAL but I thought it best to carry a small steel flashlight (not tacticool, no glass breaker, not a fancy brand) in the pocket where I usually carried my knife. I opted not to carry a knife.

Ok am gona carry a few pointy pens, and a big umbrella. Then when i get back home ill look into a tavor 7 .308 .thank u for advices guys, and wish me luck.

Ok am gona carry a few pointy pens, and a big umbrella. Then when i get back home ill look into a tavor 7 .308 .thank u for advices guys, and wish me luck.

Like others have said, you're probably going to fine as long as you have good situational awareness and blend into the crowd. Always a good idea to research where you're going. It would be best to not look like a tourist and tourists out themselves by getting easily confused and not knowing what/where.

Back
Top Bottom