• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

conceal carry in newyork city

I carry everywhere including NY.
We carry guns because there is a chance that we may be harmed or killed. That's why we choose to carry a self defense side arm. So you have to decide what concerns you more; the chance that you may suffer harm if you can't defend yourself with a gun, versus the chance that you may suffer legal troubles if you do carry a gun.

For all intents and purposes, your Mass LTC only applies to when you're in Mass. Your Mass LTC does not permit you to carry outside of Mass because Mass does not reciprocate with any other state.
True but you would have to fly into those states that:

*Require a carry permit (meaning a state that isn't constitutional carry); and
*Honor Mass LTCs

And those states are all west of NY. You can't drive out of Mass or take a train and travel while carrying unless you go north.
Please stop posting bad information. This is all wildly inaccurate. I've legally traveled through 20 states with a gun.

Ok am gona carry a few pointy pens, and a big umbrella. Then when i get back home ill look into a tavor 7 .308 .thank u for advices guys, and wish me luck.
What borough are you going to? The shopping purpose makes me think Manhattan, in which case just watch out for pick-pockets and you'll be fine, it's quite safe. I go to Manhattan pretty often and never had an issue.

Please stop posting bad information. This is all wildly inaccurate. I've legally traveled through 20 states with a gun.

In the photo that ID's the states a Mass LTC can legally carry there are 26 states. Are you saying we can only legally carry in 20?

Brown Bess musket. Just tell everyone you're a re-enactor and you're all set. Don't load it. Just bash the perp in the head with it Quigly style.

He’s saying that he, personally, has travelled through 20 of the 26.

understood that he traveled through 20 or the 26 states. I think it is cool we can carry in 26 states with a Mass LTC. What is inaccurate about what was posted? Did they list the wrong states? Or was the poster being sarcastic? Don't know. That's what I asked.

I would just sling an AR15, open carry a couple of revolvers on a leather belt like the cowgirl antis think I am and just live vicariously like a female TV character from the 70s or 80s. But that's me I live dangerously.

Bring along a mock film crew and you could probably get away with that- especially in NYC, LOL.

understood that he traveled through 20 or the 26 states. I think it is cool we can carry in 26 states with a Mass LTC. What is inaccurate about what was posted? Did they list the wrong states? Or was the poster being sarcastic? Don't know. That's what I asked.
The two major inaccuracies were that a) a Mass LTC is useless in any other state, and b) that you can't bring your guns from Mass to anywhere outside of northern New England.

No matter what you choose to do in NY regarding guns, legal or not, it is best to be the gray man or just get lost in a crowd of one.
^^^^ Best advice.

I HATE NYC! Last time I was there was in 2003 for a one-day business conference and I stayed over in W. Orange and took the Metro Rail into the City and back as fast as possible (passed up a free dinner on Microsoft to get out of Dodge fast). No issues walking back from the hotel to Grand Central Station.

I'm now covered under LEOSA and still wouldn't carry in NYC!

The two major inaccuracies were that a) a Mass LTC is useless in any other state, and b) that you can't bring your guns from Mass to anywhere outside of northern New England.

yup, that's on me. My mistake. I thought your were responding to a different post. My bad.

Just OC. Put a random badge on the other hip and wear dark shades and a mustache. Nobody will notice.

I'm only half-kidding.

If the knife being carried is totally concealed, single edged, less than 4" blade, non serrated and not a locking folder, it would appear to be legal in NYC. Cold Steel "Pendleton Hunter" with 3.5" blade would be my choice. Remember, NYC law requires ALL knives to be concealed so actually they are doing you a favor. Out of sight, out of mind. The cops won't see it, so you should not have a problem.

What borough are you going to? The shopping purpose makes me think Manhattan, in which case just watch out for pick-pockets and you'll be fine, it's quite safe. I go to Manhattan pretty often and never had an issue.

Nuh uh. It's a pit of filth and crime and danger. I read it in a book somewhere. You're 493 times more likely to get mugged or attacked by a sex-crazed prostitute than you are in MA. Manhattan is cursed by the Native Americans for stealing it for 38c of shells they found on the beach.

Oh wait. It's actually one of the safest places in America. But I digress. LOL

I don't know, NJ residents can still buy an AR15.

The MA AWB is stupid, ignorant, and childish, but it’s also got workarounds. Expensive ones, but still. And carry, which is 99% of what most of us do with a firearm, is relatively unencumbered here once you cross the financial and rights-infringement hurdles.

NJ has no real workarounds in terms of carry. That’s a non-starter for me.

Nothing I say in this post is an endorsement of the MA licensing scheme, mind. But in the real world I live in, MA > NJ. Not that it’s a very high bar in either direction.

Lolz, NY, the one state Ma**h***s get to shit on their gun laws. Every dog really does have its day!
How about we shit on Texas for having legally-binding signage? Or on all the "free" states where you can't carry into a bar, even if you're not drinking?

For all intents and purposes, your Mass LTC only applies to when you're in Mass. Your Mass LTC does not permit you to carry outside of Mass because Mass does not reciprocate with any other state. Neither does NY. If you do regular business outside Mass, then get a NH or CT non-res permit or a RI town permit. Here's a basic introduction to NY knife laws but I suggest you do more independent reading about NY knife laws and if NYC has any special city ordinances about knives.

New York Knife Laws - Knife Up.

Ahh, Jeez.....

There are something like twenty-four states that DO recognize your MA LTC regardless of reciprocity. If you don't know, please just don't say anything, as people will believe this nonsense.

(sorry to seem like I was piling on. I just now read several other people's posts who basically said the same thing. I initially replied without reading the whole thread. thanks and good luck).

How about we shit on Texas for having legally-binding signage? Or on all the "free" states where you can't carry into a bar, even if you're not drinking?

And outdoor ranges, we do have a lot of ranges (clubs) even compared to states that would otherwise be referred to as "free states".
That is one oddity about MA, oppressive gun control but you can't go a few miles without tripping over a shooting range.

:emoji_tiger:

This is why we fight. Pennsylvania is fragile at the moment. We had the temple shooting and we are surrounded by commie f***s who keep moving here. I would not live in a state where I couldn’t drink and carry, f*** that news.

I carry everywhere including NY.
We carry guns because there is a chance that we may be harmed or killed. That's why we choose to carry a self defense side arm. So you have to decide what concerns you more; the chance that you may suffer harm if you can't defend yourself with a gun, versus the chance that you may suffer legal troubles if you do carry a gun.

How'd that thinking work out for Bernie Goetz.

Are zoobows illegal in NY ???

For all intents and purposes, your Mass LTC only applies to when you're in Mass. Your Mass LTC does not permit you to carry outside of Mass because Mass does not reciprocate with any other state. Neither does NY. If you do regular business outside Mass, then get a NH or CT non-res permit or a RI town permit. Here's a basic introduction to NY knife laws but I suggest you do more independent reading about NY knife laws and if NYC has any special city ordinances about knives.

New York Knife Laws - Knife Up.

Not 100% tree some states allow ma ltc even without reciprocity

Just don't look like a complete noob tourist. Don't fall for the typical schemes to distract you and then separate you from your valuables.

I was just down the earlier in the week in Times Square. Next to the port authority terminal to be specific. The whole area is seedy and just horrible.

Was up in my hotel room when I heard a bunch of sirens. Looked out the window and lo and behold, a dead guy in the street. Not sure what happened but that could have been anyone with the stuff that happens there. No mention of any of this in the news.

I did not carry, only had a multi tool on me. I may think about it harder next time if I had to go down again. My head was on a swivel after seeing this.

Zoom in on the pic. I was nearly 20 floors up. You can see the white sheet covering the guy. 20190820_230412.jpg 20190820_230427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom