• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A Files Against Northborough (again) - Morin v. Lyver

Unless they are operating under the premise that “no restrictions” due to Bruen also applies to “permit to purchase”?
IANAL, but I'd guess this is not likely. FID does not refer to carry, nor does the P2P. This is allegedly the minimum combination to allow him to posess a pistol in his home.

I suppose one could theoretically get the permit, immediately buy the pistol, and visit the range a couple times within the ten day active period.

read the original denial where they mention a P2P, the Appeals court is simply running this guy around in circles

So, if he's "caught" in his house with a handgun that he legally acquired, but without an LTC, that's still a problem, right?

I have a feeling this is now going to become "a thing".
Depends if the Commonwealth decides to issue them regularly to FID holders that apply for them or if each applicant will have to fight in court to get one.

Post Caetano & Heller it should have been an automatic FID's allow purchase of handguns for possession within the home and even non-permit holders (expired, moved into the state, inherited, etc) whom are not PP's may posses within the confines of their homes. Last time I had jury duty I noticed Prosecutors were careful to frame simple possession charges for being "outside the home", probably to avoid potential precedent setting.

In chapter 140 -135F clauses I to x to be deleted?
umm...C140 S 132-136 were all repealed in 1954

Do you mean Section 131F? If so, those clauses (i - x) were superseded as of last year. Parsing that is section is certainly tough.

That said, as Alien/Temporary licenses don't really apply to Mr. Morin, you might have better luck starting a new thread, or posting in one of the many about non-resident licenses in MA

I understand that 140-135f does not help Morin but why was it rewritten to eliminate the misdemeanor he was accused of?
And the commonwealth did not fix the law like they should have ?
So why is there a Supreme Court? Why is there a constitution?
We live in a state that is ran by a bunch of amateurs!
They are sworn to uphold the constitution and they don’t do it!!

I understand that 140-135f does not help Morin but why was it rewritten to eliminate the misdemeanor he was accused of?
Well, for all intents and purposes Massachusetts is a fascist state.

C140 S135 was repealed in 1954. C140 S135F does not exist.

The closest section I can find is 131F. Under which Morin is not charged.

Please help us understand what you're getting at.

Amateurs? Hardly, have you seen what a legislator takes home $$$$$
Now NH, that's run by amateurs.

Opps I’m sorry. I miss typed 131f is what I was referring too.
Clauses (i) to (x) to be deleted so nonresident and aliens can get a temporary license to carry?
I’m can’t figure it out.
The commonwealth did not do what the Supreme Court said to do.
So is this case now over ?

Last edited:
Opps I’m sorry. I miss typed 131f is what I was referring too.
Clauses (i) to (x) to be deleted so nonresident and aliens can get a temporary license to carry?
I’m can figure it out.
The commonwealth did not do what the Supreme Court said to do.
So is this case now over ?
This is unrelated to Morin.

Morin is a MA resident who got in trouble in DC as a nonresident.

He has completed his case, and will be granted a permit to purchase under a different section.

131F is a different conversation, and would be well suited for a different thread.

C140 S135 was repealed in 1954. C140 S135F does not exist.

The closest section I can find is 131F. Under which Morin is not charged.

Check:

So do we think this is the end of Morin V. Lyver?
All that time and money for nothing?
I really hate this state.
A near by police station took a guys LTC away because he gave his kid a nerf gun.
The boy spoke of his guns at school and his dad is now going to court to defend his 2A

So do we think this is the end of Morin V. Lyver?
All that time and money for nothing?
I really hate this state.
A near by police station took a guys LTC away because he gave his kid a nerf gun.
The boy spoke of his guns at school and his dad is now going to court to defend his 2A
Morin v. Lyver wouldn’t have prevented that. That’s an issue with suitability, which is an entirely separate problem that quite frankly should have been struck down post-Bruen and it’s ridiculous that it’s not.

Coyote:
I’m not sure of the town. A lawyer I use has been hired to help.
I ask about the Morin case because 38 years ago I was convicted of discharging a firearm with in 500’ of a dwelling
Back then I was a kid and didn’t realize it was going to disqualify me in the future.
It was a home invasion wile living in Somerville 3 guys came to my home chasing my kid brother
One was swinging a fence post. LOL he was a big guy.
I grabbed my Ithaca deer slayer and out front I went, shot one in the air.
I waited for the police and I surrendered my shotgun and FID card explained the situation
Nevertheless I was arrested charged 3 counts assault 3 counts assault with attempt
Unlawful possession of a firearm and discharging a firearm with in 500’ of a dwelling.
All counts were dropped after a six man jury trial, except for the discharging. Yes the police officers tried to get me with unlawful possession of a firearm witch carries 1 year mandatory in prison. yup a real a**h***. I could give his name…. maybe later?
At the time I had a family member who was on the police job in Cambridge and my FID card showed up at my lawyers office

Back
Top Bottom