CMP Order: Springfield Armory M1 Garand (Service Grade) -Received! With Pics

There should not be much if any Cosmo on your garands.they clean them all. Stocks might be a bit grimmy. The garand collectors association has a great Dvd. Americas rifle The M1 Garand. It shoes how the cmp handles the garands before sale.

There should not be much if any Cosmo on your garands.they clean them all. Stocks might be a bit grimmy. The garand collectors association has a great Dvd. Americas rifle The M1 Garand. It shoes how the cmp handles the garands before sale.

It's basically just on the wood. Need to heat it up and get it out. A tiny bit left on the receiver and sling mounts also.

Update:

So I got it in and very happy with it. Looks like I got original wood. I was really hoping for original wood and not new wood. It's sticky as hell so now I have to figure out how to clean it all. I snapped some pics with my camera.

Muzzle: 0+
Throat: 2+

null_zps62be95c4.jpg
Great rifle with great numbers.

FYI, you did get GI wood. The cartouche with the eagle and three stars is a post-Korean War ordinance acceptance stamp applied by the military upon receiving the rifle from the manufacturer.

http://www.trfindley.com/pgsnstmpsm1.html

I think im going to be ordering a service grade H&A this weekend. how big a pain is the process OP?

It's not hard at all. I sent them a copy of my C&R, copy of my club membership card, the order form, copy of my LTC and one page you need to have notarized. Mail it with delivery confirmation or tracking so you know it gets there. The hardest part comes next, you have to wait. Try and forget you ordered it so when you get the DBU email it's a pleasant surprise.

Good advise. My mom is a notary so I'm gonna have her do it and maybe mail itin Friday. I was planning to buy an m1a but have learned they are nonexistent right now. So I'll go m1 garand my other want :D

M1a are out there there was a dealer that had some used ones..they just don't come cheap.
There is nothing hard about ordering a cmp garand.
1. Proof of citizen ship
2.proof of some sort of firearms training....cmp clinic/match,state pistol permit
3. Affiliated club....cmp has a list or join goal or garand collectors association.
Print order form. If its your first order or cant remember when you order from cmp last there's one page you need notorized.
Then all you need is a form of payment and wait...

well the website is not loading so I cant tell if Hopkintons sportsmans association is affiliated with CMP, but I seem to recall that they are. I am a member of Goal, so its not a problem anyways. And the Mass LTC pistol permit class should cover 2....well, now im getting excited and I havent even sent in the app yet.

Where did you see the M1A's Mac1911?

well the website is not loading so I cant tell if Hopkintons sportsmans association is affiliated with CMP, but I seem to recall that they are.

I can confirm that Hopkinton Sportmans Assoc IS a CMP affiliated Club - I used my membership there for my CMP registration and orders.
The application is downloadable Pdf and available from the CMP site but if it isn't loading for you - i think i have the app on my PC - send me a PM and I'll eMail it to you.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom