• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP M1 Garands expected...

later this year.

Ok, so October is still a ways off, but now you have plenty of time to start saving up for one... [smile]

DUE TO THE UNEXPECTED AND UNPRECEDENTED LARGE VOLUME OF ORDERS FOR M1 GARAND RIFLES, CMP IS TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK OF ALL M1 GARAND OPTIONS. WE DO EXPECT TO HAVE M1 GARANDS AVAILABLE LATER THIS YEAR AND PLAN TO ONCE AGAIN BEGIN ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR M1 GARANDS BEGINNING IN OCTOBER 2007.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF THE CMP PROGRAM

http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm

How hard is it to build one?

They (CMP) have stripped receivers for $125, don't know if building your own is feasible or if it's too difficult. Also don't know if this is a good price or not.

Rumors range from:

1) These are VFW and such rifles. Condition of these would be okay on the outside but bores would be rough.

2) Unknown where they got them. Everybody is keeping a tight lip on these.

3) Who knows?

Joe R.

I believe the CMP catalog made reference to selling refurbished Garands - they were calling them select grade and I thought they were going to be around $795.00 - I am sure you could find more info on the www.odcmp.com forums.

They updated the garand page including data on the SELECT GRADE:
CMP SELECT GRADE: (Excellent)

CMP plans to offer a new grade of M1 Garand in October 2007. This rifle will consist of a new production stock and handguard set with CMP cartouche, a new production barrel and new leather sling. Receiver and most other parts will be refinished USGI, but some parts will be new manufacture. Introductory price will be $895.

They updated the garand page including data on the SELECT GRADE:
CMP SELECT GRADE: (Excellent)

CMP plans to offer a new grade of M1 Garand in October 2007. This rifle will consist of a new production stock and handguard set with CMP cartouche, a new production barrel and new leather sling. Receiver and most other parts will be refinished USGI, but some parts will be new manufacture. Introductory price will be $895.

Are they short on cash or something?

Effective July, 9th... they're jacking up the price of stripped receivers from $125.00 to $195.00, and junk JROTC drill rifles ("wall-hangers and displays"),
from $295.00 to $395.00.

Are they short on cash or something?

Effective July, 9th... they're jacking up the price of stripped receivers from $125.00 to $195.00, and junk JROTC drill rifles ("wall-hangers and displays"),
from $295.00 to $395.00.

Perhaps they need the coin to bribe customs to get the supposed shipment of Garands that's rumored to be held up in customs.

I'm wondering what happens when the Carbines are all gone by the end of the year, and the supply of Garands runs out.

The CMP's mission is not to provide cheap guns, but to support marksmanship activities across the country. They need money for that.

I think after these current guns are gone we will see a big slowdown but there are still plenty of USGI firearms out there that may one day return to the US.

There have been postings on the ODCMP forums about rumours of more Garands coming back into the country. I while back I saw some threads on other forums (with pictures) of a supposedly huge cache of Garands and M1 carbines still in boxes in Korea. And I see a few people here making reference to more Garands coming back in. Anybody here know exactly how much truth there is to any of these rumors?

I wouldn't be surprised about tons being in Korea as we gave them a LOT of weapons during/following the Korean War.

Back
Top Bottom