CMP is Limiting Garands

Fyi, the response I received from CMP last week:

"Sir,
If your order was received by 10/3/16 it will eventually be filled.
Your order will go on backorder & we will fill the order when the armorers work up enough rifles to fill it.
We are currently working on orders from 9/12/16. You will receive an email when we get to your order.
Thank you for your patience & support of the CMP."

Looks like I may get my rifles.

Fyi, the response I received from CMP last week:

"Sir,
If your order was received by 10/3/16 it will eventually be filled.
Your order will go on backorder & we will fill the order when the armorers work up enough rifles to fill it.
We are currently working on orders from 9/12/16. You will receive an email when we get to your order.
Thank you for your patience & support of the CMP."

Looks like I may get my rifles.

Nice. If they stopped orders on 9/28, and are already up to 9/12 orders after a week and a half, might we expect them to be back up for sale quicker than expected?

CMP contacted me today to let me know that they had "received and verified my recent order." My order date is recorded as 9/26/16. There are repeated disclaimers that order to ship times are 60 days and that it may take up to 6 months for my order to be filled. I'm now thinking I probably should have ordered more.

CMP contacted me today to let me know that they had "received and verified my recent order." My order date is recorded as 9/26/16. There are repeated disclaimers that order to ship times are 60 days and that it may take up to 6 months for my order to be filled. I'm now thinking I probably should have ordered more.

Yup... I had that same feeling when I bought my first M1 service grade for 529$

Dang... 50% price increase in the last decade. Hopefully the prices are the same when they come back. Also hoping it's before the new year.

When I first started looking into finally buying my 1st M1 CMP
I think the prices where rack grade 325, field 395 and Service 495 ?

Dang... 50% price increase in the last decade. Hopefully the prices are the same when they come back. Also hoping it's before the new year.

The ammo had more than doubled also. My first 10 cases of sealed HXP in the wooden crates to boot where .28 cents each shipped....I bough as much as I could afford each year until it was more to buy than reload.
Not long ago you could buy pulled M2 bullets also for .05 each when a new 150gn FMJ was costing 11-13 cents. Funny though some bullet prices are darn close to 2010 prices.

My credit card was charged today. I had almost forgotten about my late summer order submission. The most enjoyable part might be that they are being delivered to my door.

My credit card was charged today. I had almost forgotten about my late summer order submission. The most enjoyable part might be that they are being delivered to my door.

Yeah I'm often thinking I should have bought a yearly limit or 2 when I actually had some money.
I'm scrounging to get up some cash in case they release the cmp special field grade in 308.
I think after seeing the latest ammo price increases they M1s are over due for a increase. So buy what you can if you want one. They won't every be cheaper.
Maybe SA Inc can re introduce their M1 at around $500
They would be great for those that just want to shoot them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom