• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP 1911 Sales Program - Round 4 - Still Only Not for MA Citizens

CMP has opened the Round 4 of the M1911/A1 sales program, once again that only the state of Massachusetts is not allowed the sale of the 1911/1911A1 pistol. Terribly sad!!!

Anybody knows if we could do anything to push this???

I know there are ways you can go around and get one; however, I meant everyone in MA should have the same opportunity to get one (now they can get two) from CMP just like anybody else from other states.
Yes, the state has no right to tell people what they can buy. Even f***ing shit storm Cali can get them.

Your f***ing kidding me right?

Over a grand for a rusty 1911? I don't care that it's a "government" 1911......all those pistols were beat to shit......i know cuz i was issued one that was a beater. 😂

View attachment 796242
Don’t forget pitting and cracked/incomplete grips

Over a grand for a rusty 1911? I don't care that it's a "government" 1911......all those pistols were beat to shit......i know cuz i was issued one that was a beater. 😂

View attachment 796242
I’d be in in the 200-300 range. 1200 bucks for a beat up old 1911A1?!?!! f*** that

View attachment 796242

Well, if you are in the current M1911 market, these prices are very reasonable......I am not kidding!!!

Well, if you are in the current M1911 market, these prices are very reasonable......I am not kidding!!!
Your joking right? 1k is the cmp price for lowest quality selection.....and even the service grade pistols state they may have pitting and rust and those are way over 1k.

For 1k you can get a new 1911 with sights that are actually useable (the ones on the issued 1911s are terribly small)......and no rust.

I had a 1911 issued to me for years. Amazing pistol and a master jmb design. But 1k for an old arms room beater is NOT comparing apples to apples in the "1911 market"

I’d be in in the 200-300 range. 1200 bucks for a beat up old 1911A1?!?!! f*** that
Exactly. Seems the majority of people creaming their jeans about the 1911 cmp sales are not veterans that were issued a 1911. 😂 I loved my issued 1911 but a beater isn't worth 1k.

Oh....and....

In before someone pops in with the "it won 2 world wars" comment. 😂😂😂😂

I wonder how many would change their minds about buying one if they were actually able to buy one.
Seems to be an unconscious "The CMP is selling genuine issued 1911's!! This is going to be awesome! What? I can't buy one? Well, I didn't want to buy one of those rusty pieces of shit anyways."

I love mine from round 1 and it’s more of a historical thing than anything. I got the highest grade and had no issues whatsoever. There was no shake nor rattle either. I will also jump on the 92’s if they ever release them. That is what I was issued as a Corpsman and have many fond memories of being able to carry that on base instead of the poor marines schlepping their “muskets” everywhere 😁

Exactly. Seems the majority of people creaming their jeans about the 1911 cmp sales are not veterans that were issued a 1911. 😂 I loved my issued 1911 but a beater isn't worth 1k.

Oh....and....

In before someone pops in with the "it won 2 world wars" comment. 😂😂😂😂
You forgot the ‘hurrr durr!’

I wonder how many would change their minds about buying one if they were actually able to buy one.
Seems to be an unconscious "The CMP is selling genuine issued 1911's!! This is going to be awesome! What? I can't buy one? Well, I didn't want to buy one of those rusty pieces of shit anyways."
Never considered buying one at those prices. To me.....and that's the factor here.....to me.... those old 1911s are worth 400 to 500 bucks. I carried one for years.....great pistols.....but they were worn out and beat up.

Exactly, we are the only state in the union not allowed to purchase one of them.

Never considered buying one at those prices. To me.....and that's the factor here.....to me.... those old 1911s are worth 400 to 500 bucks. I carried one for years.....great pistols.....but they were worn out and beat up.
It's a historical collector type situation, isn't it? People pay that kind of money because it was a pistol that was actually carried by American servicemen in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc.
Kind of like the Garands they sell for around the same money. Who wants to buy an old rusty rifle with dinged up wood that shoots some crazy old obsolete caliber?

can't someone with a c&r license purchase one?

Not from CMP

From CMP:
”1911s from CMP 1911, will be allowed in California because they meet the California definition of Curio and Relic. They will ship to 01, or 02, or 07 FFLs in California. At of the time of this release, only the state of Massachusetts will not allow the sale of the 1911/1911A1 pistol. We will not sell or ship to Massachusetts and due to shipping cannot ship to U.S. Territories.All required information is included in this release. If you have questions, please email the address listed above. If you choose to call the number listed, please be prepared for a long wait time.”

1911 Information - Civilian Marksmanship Program

The stipulation not to sell to MA residents came from the Army. At least that is what Mark Johnson told us when asked a few years ago.
According to CMP: MA wants manufacturers to submit an example of theses pistols for testing in order to place them on the approved firearm list, we all know these 1911's were produced between 1911 and 1946 as most of the manufacturers no longer exist...

Back
Top Bottom