C'mon now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The true measure of what something is worth, is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I think we should all have some sort of government agency determine fair market value for all goods and services from now on. Someone might *gasp* overpay! That would work out great.

http://www.best-childrens-books.com/be-prepared.html

The Ant and the Grasshopper
Also The Ant and the Cricket

In a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant passed by, struggling to drag an ear of corn to the nest.
"Why not come and chat with me," said the Grasshopper, "instead of working so hard?"
"I am helping to save food for the winter," said the Ant, "and suggest you do the same."
"Why worry about winter?" said the Grasshopper; “We have plenty of food right now."
But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil. When winter came the Grasshopper had no food and found itself dying of hunger, while it saw the ants distributing every day corn and grain from what they had collected in the summer. Then the Grasshopper knew:
It is best to prepare for the days of necessity.

Well done

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Can't get worked up because some people panic buy in this current situation and other people take advantage of that. All this has happened many times before and things always settle down. Regardless when the AWB attempt fails and AR15 manufacturers can resupply the distributors and gun shops the prices will come back down to normal. Mark my words

Many expensive lessons being learned these days. Those who woke up early and studied harder are earning some money.

I find these threads funny. The same people who complain about the high prices would be some of the first folks selling at the exaggerated pricing if they had a few extra M4s sitting in the safe.

To each their own. Then again, I don't see prices coming down anytime soon.

Free market... If you don;t like it buy someplace else........ oh whats that, they aren't in stock,,,,, oh, manufacturers have a 1 year back order time frame.... Well then..... I think we know why its priced where it is.

Armalite M15a4t on consignment in the used gun section at four seasons for $5700.[laugh]

And no it's not mine.

Last edited:
People can't read either....they still post WTT in the WTS section.

Think about it, some people buy stocks, I buy guns? When your stock goes up in value and you sell I don't bitch because you made some huge cash? I don't like spending this kind of money either but it is what it is?

Think about it, some people buy stocks, I buy guns? When your stock goes up in value and you sell I don't bitch because you made some huge cash? I don't like spending this kind of money either but it is what it is?

If it don't make dollars......it don't make cents......

yup...one of my coworkers offered me $1800 for my Bushwacker A3 and I turned him down (more than 2X what I paid for it two years ago)...if it comes to a shoving match, I want that one in my arsenal. It's the only AR I have. Had I another one like an M4gery, I probably would've bit and used the cash to buy some decent optics.

Last edited:
I think anyone paying those prices are full blown retards, but that's just me.

Or, maybe they just have more disposable income than you so it's no big deal to overpay for something they want.

Just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom