C'mon now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been on the rifle classifieds lately? $2200 for a new Windham M4 type? Are you seriously on drugs?. That's perhaps a $1000 profit! I understand the mark up on Glocks, but this is by far the most ridiculous example of jacking up prices. In other words, its bullshit and shouldn't be tolerated on this site.

Anyhow, back to football...

Free market is just that, free. You may not like it, but you do not have to buy it. I agree some pricing is insane but good for the the seller if someone is willing to pay it.

Any iten is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Don't be surprised when you see it SOLD!
If somebody wants one bad enough, they will buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, and....IBTL

[popcorn]

Last edited:
Hey, I have a Colt A2 in the WTT forum for a $1800 hand gun. Doesn't mean I'll get it, but in these times, if someone has what I want, and I have what they want, deals get made.

It's stupid, but people are buying them at those prices. Don't want it? Don't buy it! Welcome to the free market. The market determines the price, as long as people are willing to buy them at that price, they'll continue to be sold for that. A coworker harassed the hell out of me for a bolt carrier, I had spares, but to be honest didn't want to let one go. I jokingly said "500 dollars", he bought it. Is that MY fault?

Windham M4's are supposedly great AR's. And in this climate that price isn't unreasonable. Don't go on Gunbroker if you're upset by these classifieds.

Hey, I have a Colt A2 in the WTT forum for a $1800 hand gun. Doesn't mean I'll get it, but in these times, if someone has what I want, and I have what they want, deals get made.

Colts are obviously a different story. They've been jacked up forever. This is a basic M4 Flat top that probably retails for around $1200.

http://www.best-childrens-books.com/be-prepared.html

The Ant and the Grasshopper
Also The Ant and the Cricket

In a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant passed by, struggling to drag an ear of corn to the nest.
"Why not come and chat with me," said the Grasshopper, "instead of working so hard?"
"I am helping to save food for the winter," said the Ant, "and suggest you do the same."
"Why worry about winter?" said the Grasshopper; “We have plenty of food right now."
But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil. When winter came the Grasshopper had no food and found itself dying of hunger, while it saw the ants distributing every day corn and grain from what they had collected in the summer. Then the Grasshopper knew:
It is best to prepare for the days of necessity.

Last edited:
Please no. Please not another one of these threads bitching about what people charge on things.

I am sure half the people on here don't agree with it, but it's a free market, and someone can ask whatever they want for something.

There is also someone selling Federal bulk 223 ammo for $60 a box, when it goes for normally $35 a box.

I personally would never do it, have never done it, and will never do it.

To each their own.

It's called Capitalism. Look at it like a stock. You buy the stock low because you think it has potential to gain in value. When it gains in value you offer it at market price. You sell it and make a profit. If you make a bad decision and the price of the stock goes down then you lick your wounds after you sell it for a loss. It's what we do here. It's what Americans do. It's called free enterprise. If you have a problem with that go HERE you'll fit right in.

Don't like the price don't buy it. When it doesn't sell the price will go down. Last but not least, STOP WHINING! If you would have be cognizant of current events you would have bought your AR six months ago and avoided all the angst you're putting your self through now. Live and Learn.

Wow, that's unreal. Anyhow, I feel bad the person who plans on buying this.

I wonder what people are selling S&W AR Sporters for?

Wow, that's unreal. Anyhow, I feel bad the person who plans on buying this.

I wonder what people are selling S&W AR Sporters for?

Why would you feel bad for them? They're buying a firearm that they wanted for a price that they feel is reasonable and the seller is making a profit on a weapon he wanted to sell for the set price. It sounds like a mutually beneficial transaction, no one loses.

Has anyone been on the rifle classifieds lately? $2200 for a new Windham M4 type? Are you seriously on drugs?. That's perhaps a $1000 profit! I understand the mark up on Glocks, but this is by far the most ridiculous example of jacking up prices. In other words, its bullshit and shouldn't be tolerated on this site.

Anyhow, back to football...

And all of 13 posts, but this has already been beat to death many times.

Free market.

IBTL.

Have you not been paying attention? A ****ing BCG went for $549 on GB last week!

I posted this above, but a coworker BEGGED me for a bcg, I have been stocking up since 08 on things, not for a profit, but to be prepared. I jokingly said "500" and he purchased it. That's the only thing i'll sell during this craze and it just bought me a glock 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom