• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cleaning Help Please!!

OK guys, here's my problem. I just bought a used Marlin 30/30 with Micro Groove rifling. After 2 days of cleaning I think I finally got the copper fouling out of her but the carbon just keeps coming. Are there any tricks or chemicals I can try to get this carbon out? I'd really like to get her clean before I start sending lead down the barrel. Thanx in advance for all your help.

Thanks,guess I should have clicked a few more times.The closest one to me is Gun Room,and I refuse to give that inbred pedophile that owns the place one single penny.
+1!!

Hey, Greg... I work in Worcester and live in Marlboro - wanna meet up and drive to either Webster or Palmer for some?

+1!!

Hey, Greg... I work in Worcester and live in Marlboro - wanna meet up and drive to either Webster or Palmer for some?

I live in Shrewsbury,right off the RT 140 exit on 290.

I was thinking of driving up to Riley's on Saturday,the shop was on the dealers list,I need something to do before I hit the range anyway.[smile]

TonyD beat me to it.. I too was thinking Simple Green.[smile]

M-Pro 7 is pretty good for cleaning corrosive deposits and black powder. Its like soapy water and has no odor. Still though, no matter how much M-Pro 7 I use to get clean patches, I can still get a dark patch with a spray of Break Free oil/cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom