city of boston and Ma. firearm myths

ive seen a list of myths on this site and can no longer find it.i swear i tried over and over with lots of key words.
the kinda things that got told over and over for year and now most think its true.
1. cant have more than 10 rounds in boston.
2. can only buy long guns ftf from states that touch.
the list was long and id like to see it again.
thanks cookingaway

I heard you have to surrender your gun at the nearest MBTA station, til you leave Boston again! it's a five round limit and if you have a snubby, you can only carry four !
[wink]

ive seen a list of myths on this site and can no longer find it.i swear i tried over and over with lots of key words.
the kinda things that got told over and over for year and now most think its true.
1. cant have more than 10 rounds in boston.
2. can only buy long guns ftf from states that touch.
the list was long and id like to see it again.
thanks cookingaway

Residents of Boston can't possess high capacity feeding devices within city limits... that much is true.

It bans "Large capacity magazine(s)",which are "a box, drum, or other container which holds more than ten rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously into a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun or a magazine which can be readily converted into a large capacity magazine."

So it does not ban pre-ban high capacity magazines for pistols, just rifles and shotguns.

The Boston thread is over at...

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7865

To clarify your statement, even pre-ban high-cap rifle and shotgun magazines ARE banned for Boston residents in Boston.
Only if the owner did not register them during the one-time limited opportunity. About 125 banned rifles were registered, and Boston only made the forms available during the last 2 or three days of the registration grace period.

Only if the owner did not register them during the one-time limited opportunity. About 125 banned rifles were registered, and Boston only made the forms available during the last 2 or three days of the registration grace period.

Brilliant!

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is not a local ordinance with a simple fine either as the legislature baked it into the MGLs so it is a criminal offense, correct?

Brilliant! and criminal.

Here is a myth, "Nobody gets a carry permit in Boston"
You have to be one of the special people... Carry lots of money (or dirt on politicians). It helps if you are of a social status that you get popped for DUI dozens of times or can kill people and the local PD will help you cover it up... [laugh]

Boston sucks: all the commuters crowding the roads all the time, lost people from NH driving around looking at the tall buildings, students driving crazy and tourists asking dumb questions.

No one gets an LCF of any kind, you can't own an assault rifle, and the meter maids look for people from out of town to give parking tickets to and lresidents off scot free. Drugs and crime are everywhere, there's nothing to do, and it's no place to raise children.

It's an awful place, all of you please avoid it at all costs.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but this is not a local ordinance with a simple fine either as the legislature baked it into the MGLs so it is a criminal offense, correct?
It's a local ordinance, but the legislature approved a "home rule petition" that allows said ordinance to intrude on an area of regulation generally reserved for the state.

It's a local ordinance, but the legislature approved a "home rule petition" that allows said ordinance to intrude on an area of regulation generally reserved for the state.

Right, but the take home point for me is it now becomes a criminal act (due to the action of the legislature) whereas the typical local ordinance is at worst a small fine.

I have no idea, but I am going to Boston tomorrow, to see mom and grandma, maybe I should leave my gun home, and bring a whistle.....
[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom