Cheaper Than Dirt

MuzzleDiscipline

NES Life Member
NES Member
So never order from them before.....tried to get a muzzle brake. To them it is a regulated device not for shipment to Ma.

I group Cheaperthandirt along with MidwayUSA and Palmetto Arms as the absolute last stops on my buying endeavors and will pay more if available somewhere else...
(which is tough for a skin-flint...)
YMMV

Well the constriction in this case is a component which is out of stock EVERYWHERE else I searched. Otherwise I wouldn't consider them.

never bought from c-t-d, but recently, my inbox has been pounded with gun related sale items from there. i just checked my trash and i got "9mm blowout", "ar-15 sale", "super bowl ar gear sale" and several more just like that. someone has obviously sold my email addy to them. don't boycott me, i'm a whore. i'll buy from whoever has what i need and i can get it the quickest. i want everything NOW. regardless of price.
What's the problem with Midway? I'm generally a Brownell's customer because of their prices, but have bought hard-to-find pieces from Midway without guilt. What am I overlooking?
we boycott so many places i've lost track of why. usually, i said usually, someone got butt hurt and posts about it. i'll buy from midway but generally don't cause they're a little slow to ship a lot of the time. your go to place, brownell's, i buy from them a lot. most times, if i order early in the day, they ship that afternoon. there's always some drama going on. oh, did you know we're boycotting the pats also?

I haven't considered CTD for more than a decade after I wanted to buy a collapsible pole pruner, and they wouldn't ship it to MA because it had a blade on it... f'em

Oh you gotta love the logic they applied in that case.

If I could find the device anywhere else I wouldn't be there. It has been out of stock for months most everywhere but I did find the last one at another site.

I regularly watch Gold Rush on Discovery. It can be funny at times. THEIR dirt is so expensive as to allow CTD to avoid federal FTC violations for truth in advertising.

Years ago - like 20 - they were a fun company to buy some stuff off of. Today they are expensive and won't ship anything here. F em. They make Sportsman's Guide look like a bargain bin.

Most of what CTD sells falls into one of two categories:

1. Stuff they won't ship to you in MA.

2. Over-priced trash.

YMMV.

I scored a smokin deal on a bunch of HXP 30-06 and surplus 303 brit ammo from CTD a few years back. The price was too good to pass up and I bought it and shipped it to a friend in NH. Still haven't shot all of that HXP now that I think of it....

Big Daddy Unlimited, sign up for a couple of months and cancel, I don't know what the prices on there now are, but when I was looking for a SKB (Pelican Alternative) case it blew everyone out of the water price wise.

there are so many great vendors out there i have zero reason to give CTD a dollar

What's the problem with Midway?...

Mostly their treatment of Mass Residents as Second-Class Constitutional citizens...
I will on occasion purchase something from them if it is unavailable elsewhere, but I do it while pinching my nose and biting my tongue.

That said, you should almost never listen to, or take advice from a stranger on an internet forum. You are an adult. Step up to the counter, buy your ticket and take your ride.
...and don't let anyone tell you who to buy from or avoid...

~Matt

So never order from them before.....tried to get a muzzle brake. To them it is a regulated device not for shipment to Ma.

The reason for this is they sold stuff to Michael 'Mucko' McDermott who is the psycho that shot up Edgewater Technologies in Wakefield many years ago. Google him if you want to know the whole story and his nutbar defense.

Anyway the state of MA went after them for selling him ammo that was used in his crimes so they are extra touchy about dealing with us again. Oh and you can thank him for f*cking up mail order parts and ammo for all of us here. It was ok before he went on his killing spree.

Mostly their treatment of Mass Residents as Second-Class Constitutional citizens...

A lot of this stems from your states own doings and the way they treat out of state vendors. It makes out of state vendors simply not want to deal with your state. It is much easier and costs a lot less to simply just not deal with you. The ma**h*** complex is real and it starts from within. Your government makes vendors say "To hell with MA".

A lot of this stems from your states own doings and the way they treat out of state vendors. It makes out of state vendors simply not want to deal with your state. It is much easier and costs a lot less to simply just not deal with you. The ma**h*** complex is real and it starts from within. Your government makes vendors say "To hell with MA".

You are preaching to the Choir, Brother.
But that won't change their policies one iota...

The one and only time I ordered from them was long ago when I ordered 2 mags for a pistol. The mag inserted just fine, only to be impossible to remove because it was garbage. Fortunately I had tried the mag empty first, otherwise I would have had a dangerous situation trying to use force to get a loaded magazine out. Anyway, these people would not give me a full refund and charged a restocking fee for their dangerous garbage.

I just recently started getting emails blasts from them. I chuckle at each one cause I can't buy anything on their ads....
They say they miss me and want to know why I stopped buying stuff from them.

I dont jump on boycott wagons much. I make an exception for CTD. They are not on our side as demonstrated post sandy hook. There are others but these guys took the cake during that time.

Back
Top Bottom