Cheaper Than Dirt

Don’t really know what they did to deserve the scorn round here.

I bought a few 10/22 magazines there a few years ago. The shipping was cheap.

Usually buy from midway who has always been a good reliable source.

Brownells is usually low on my list as is opticsplanet.

Primary Arms is solid.

Well I am fortunate enough to have interstate reach which enables many Commonwealth inconveniences to be circumvented but is it encouraging to know there are those willing.

we boycott so many places i've lost track of why. usually, i said usually, someone got butt hurt and posts about it. i'll buy from midway but generally don't cause they're a little slow to ship a lot of the time. your go to place, brownell's, i buy from them a lot. most times, if i order early in the day, they ship that afternoon. there's always some drama going on. oh, did you know we're boycotting the pats also?

^This.

From what I'm reading, CTD stopped online firearms sales after Sandy Hook because they couldn't handle the volume, not for political reasons. But let's not let the facts get in the way of our ideological purity tests...

It was the insane gouging that got me. They went out of their way and far exceeded most other companies price increases. Then they stopped honoring backordered ammo because it was locked in at the lower rate. There's more to it than ideological purity

^This.

From what I'm reading, CTD stopped online firearms sales after Sandy Hook because they couldn't handle the volume, not for political reasons. But let's not let the facts get in the way of our ideological purity tests...
Yeah because $60 PMAGs right after Sandy Hook seems fair and marks them as a business I want to work with.
upload_2019-2-5_9-50-15.png

It's a free market. I'd much prefer a business that has items available for sale at current market prices over one that has nothing to offer but empty shelves.
I agree it's a free market, but I think this refutes your "volume issue, not political issue, you guys and your purity tests" argument.

Not buying from someone because they charged $60 for a $7-$12 item due to political climate, or--even worse--canceling previously accepted backorders so that they can turn around and charge you 300% is bad business and, in the second case, unethical. The number of people that boycott them as a result is a reflection of said free market.

I was no longer a CTD customer by Newtown. But I also recall that they CLAIMED to be innocent victims of the buying onslaught and then turned around and f'd customers left and right.

I agree it's a free market, but I think this refutes your "volume issue, not political issue, you guys and your purity tests" argument.

Not buying from someone because they charged $60 for a $7-$12 item due to political climate, or--even worse--canceling previously accepted backorders so that they can turn around and charge you 300% is bad business and, in the second case, unethical. The number of people that boycott them as a result is a reflection of said free market.

It sounded like people here were complaining about their decision to stop selling firearms online. I didn't hear about the latter issue (cancelling backorders) and agree that's f'd up if it's true. But I'm strongly in favor of charging market prices for products, even if today's market price is 5x what it was yesterday. Econ 101 says the alternative is shortages and a lesser incentive to restore the supply/demand balance.

I don't see any evidence that they did anything for political reasons, it seems like they just did what they did for business and market reasons. With the exception of cancelling orders, which again, if true, not ok.

Serious question - is there a thread that catalogues which vendors "we" have an issue with? I remember not wanting to buy stuff from CTD but I couldn't remember why...

Serious question - is there a thread that catalogues which vendors "we" have an issue with? I remember not wanting to buy stuff from CTD but I couldn't remember why...

This is why, during sand hook scare same thing outrages ammo prices. P mags were being sold for 5X + the normal cost.

I am all for free market, but these people are true scum.

Yet moronic gun owners continue to buy from them. I've hated them for close to 20 years now. It was right after Y2K. Before they really started their mASS shh. . . stuff. Plus 99.99% of the time they are the high-priced alternative to just about everything they sell. Or they're selling genuine Bashmaster or Wonchester or SoreFire products. Knockoffs! Crappy knockoffs as well.

Maybe some AG can "confiscate" their stuff like they did with Hand Sanitizer Boy. ;). (No, not really - it'd be better if gun owners woke the F up and stopped dealing with them.)

Do you guys still use Amazon? They are selling Purell and face masks at stupid prices. Are they really though? Nope, it’s a**h*** companies linked through Amazon. You can argue Amazon should be taking them down but that’s a different argument. I’ve never used CTD but in the linked ad for the expensive PMAG it says ships from warehouse or some language like that. Are you all sure that wasn’t a vendor linked through CTD as in the Amazon model?

Was on CTD last night for a bulk ammo buy.

I filtered for 5.56, they had 20 packs for $12. Not too bad, I clicked in to order, page showed $8.99 "low price" and then refreshed a second or two later to $30

f*** that place.

I can be a major skinflint BUT CTD is not even a option even if I lived in a free state.

MidwayUSA has had its share of problems but I will use them IF they have what I want for a Price I will pay
More than 90% of online buying is Brownells and TSUSA

Back
Top Bottom