Cheap guns (!) on Saturday September 20 - Waltham joins gun buyback

Just out of curiosity, how would the NES buyers protect themselves from ending up with a stolen or crime-used gun that someone was try to anonymously ditch?

Just out of curiosity, how would the NES buyers protect themselves from ending up with a stolen or crime-used gun that someone was try to anonymously ditch?

Won't the state protect you with their new online checking system?

;-(

What criminals give up a gun for gift cards or small money when they use that gun for crime or could sell to another criminal for 10x that money. The guns are not coming off the streets, they're coming from widows of others from the collection of a deceased husband, uncle, etc.

Also, use your best judgement.

What criminals give up a gun for gift cards or small money when they use that gun for crime or could sell to another criminal for 10x that money. The guns are not coming off the streets, they're coming from widows of others from the collection of a deceased husband, uncle, etc.

Also, use your best judgement.

Plus - you register the gun/transfer it to you when you get it, you have a proof that it was not in your possession before that.

Apparently, the American Legion ain't what it used to be. My old man is probably rolling over in his grave. [thinking]

Isn't America not what it used to be?! [sad]

It is what it is, you can boycott it or try to use it to your advantage.

OK. I figured out my schedule and sadly, there is no way I can make it. HOWEVER, I am putting my money where my mouth is. I've contacted sbi to help fund the rescue operation. Not to buy me something, but to help you guys save something good.

Plus - you register the gun/transfer it to you when you get it, you have a proof that it was not in your possession before that.

but that doesn't make it yours now, its still stolen property and you'll end up with no $$ and no gun when they come get it

No, it is probably not illegal, but you know police - they love power and they love causing drama.

Lowell had one of these last year - I parked my jeep in front of the DPW on Middlesex Street for about an hour or so where they were turning them in. I told two sheep that were pulling in that depending on what they had I would give them double - they didn't bite - I think they were intimidated by the police. The police never bothered me - i got hungry and ended up leaving.

is this the same American legion that has two Maxims in front of it? I'll give them $0 since they are non-functioning.

9bbqft.jpg

Last edited:
is this the same American legion that has two Maxims in front of it? I'll give them $0 since they are non-functioning.

9bbqft.jpg

That looks like it from the google maps image I saw when the thread started. It looks like the only entrances are on the right side (what you see here), the other side looks to be the loading area. The sidewalk is right there.

That looks like it from the google maps image I saw when the thread started. It looks like the only entrances are on the right side (what you see here), the other side looks to be the loading area. The sidewalk is right there.

they got giant parking lot in the back with a propane filling station.

I don't know if anyone cares to do what I did, which is write them a POLITE email telling them that you are saddened by their participation in civilian disarmament. I also threw in that they seem to be naive as to the ultimate goals of their partners in this endeavor.

Here's the email: [email protected]

Please be polite and respectful.

Don

OK, so as exciting this sound - the slim chance of finding a "great deal" - looks like I'll pass.

Thinking about it closely, the chances of one of these surrenders actually having their LTC PIN (if they even hold LTC), which is required for FTF, is extremely low. The other option is to drive that person to LEE, Inc. in Waltham to do the transfer.
I just called them to check how much do they charge for a transfer (someone in this thread mentioned $50). Well, guess what - they don't do transfers. "Only for their regular customers, and even that is seldom...it takes too much time and effort and with everything that's involved in it we don't like doing them". And I can't imagine any of these guys driving with me 10 or more miles outside Waltham to a FFL who is willing to do it.

So, there you have it. Unless there will be a FFL on site it looks like I'll be better off in Marlborough this coming Saturday.

OK, so as exciting this sound - the slim chance of finding a "great deal" - looks like I'll pass.

Thinking about it closely, the chances of one of these surrenders actually having their LTC PIN (if they even hold LTC), which is required for FTF, is extremely low. The other option is to drive that person to LEE, Inc. in Waltham to do the transfer.
I just called them to check how much do they charge for a transfer (someone in this thread mentioned $50). Well, guess what - they don't do transfers. "Only for their regular customers, and even that is seldom...it takes too much time and effort and with everything that's involved in it we don't like doing them". And I can't imagine any of these guys driving with me 10 or more miles outside Waltham to a FFL who is willing to do it.

So, there you have it. Unless there will be a FFL on site it looks like I'll be better off in Marlborough this coming Saturday.

Stinks about the FFL. Well, I'll just wait then for another town.

Ok, after getting harassed by waltham pd detective Dick head and threatened with arrest for no vendors license, I'm out. A few sheep showed during the harassment. A old Shit shotgun, 5 rifles and a pos little .22 revoler the cop pointed into a tree stump 10 ft from the street to see if it worked it was such a pos.

- - - Updated - - -

They were not happy with my sign. Lol.

9bbqft.jpg

Steal the Maxims and turn them in.

Remember, "NO QUESTIONS ASKED!".

Ok, after getting harassed by waltham pd detective Dick head and threatened with arrest for no vendors license, I'm out. A few sheep showed during the harassment. A old Shit shotgun, 5 rifles and a pos little .22 revoler the cop pointed into a tree stump 10 ft from the street to see if it worked it was such a pos.

- - - Updated - - -

They were not happy with my sign. Lol.

What did it say?

Steal the Maxims and turn them in.

Remember, "NO QUESTIONS ASKED!".

What did it say?

I was there for 15 seconds literally, on the sidewalk right near the entrance. Two cops, one Belmont and one Waltham came over to me and asked what the sign said. I showed them "WILL PAY CASH FOR GUNS, AMMO, ETC." They were pissed. started saying oh no, you're not doing that here, etc. I argued with them for 5 minutes, they threatened me for soliciting without a vendor's license. So I said oh, what if I change my sign and have it say "Don't get screwed, go to a gun dealer and get 4 times the money". They said that would be legal but she would have the largest Waltham PD cop on duty come down and block me and harass me the whole time.

I really felt the love.

I went back to my car, Lt Dectective dickhead brooks came across the street, I put my hand out to shake and he did, then started yelling and getting his panties wedged up his tight ass. Sbi showed up about then and detective tight ass was trying to harass us both. Sbi and I were perfectly calm, knew what we were talking about, etc. unlike those tools. It was worth the trip just for the experience. I hope I raised brooks blood pressure enough for him to have a heart attack later. The woman from Belmont wasn't bad after we chatted a bit. The Waltham pd must have the jbt manual.

I wish someone could have recorded their faces when they read the sign. They said what's this, I said competition. [laugh] They didn't want to play.

Hindsight is 20/20 but next time ask if they have a vendors license since they were also soliciting the "sale" of firearms.

Im sure they wouldn't bust balls if you were setting up a lemonade stand - so much for procedural justice on their part.

Good work Hoover

Back
Top Bottom