Cheap guns (!) on Saturday September 20 - Waltham joins gun buyback

You'd need to go to an FFL or have one on site. Someone posted a map to the closest FFL in Waltham, it was a 5 min ride. Pay the transfer fee and done deal.

No way, that guy charges $50 to do a transfer and he gives you an attitude like he's doing you a favor because you're wasting his time.

I have a folding table and a pop-up tent, and likely nothing to do on that day. Would be great if any of the FFLs here would show up to the event and do transfers on the spot...

I have a folding table and a pop-up tent, and likely nothing to do on that day. Would be great if any of the FFLs here would show up to the event and do transfers on the spot...

I'm not sure if we could do a tent or table on the side walk but there is a public baseball field right across the street with parking. It looks like the main entrance to the American Legion is right across from that public park. So parking there would work and either stand on that side or on the American Legion side.

If I didn't have an LTC, and if I had some unwanted guns, I would be calling around to local shops to get around 50% of value, rather than less than 25%! (in some cases, much less) Many will come to the gun owners location to pick them up. I'm sure there are some shops that need to boost their used gun inventory.

Chances are pretty low that the people coming in to a gun buyback are going to have an LTC/FID. Assuming they don't have one, you can't buy from them on an FA10 since both the buyer and seller need to be licensed.

Maybe one of our resident FFLs can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that with some narrow exceptions (e.g. a gun show), an FFL can only conduct business at their licensed premises. An FFL can't just show up at any random location and perform transfers.

Logistically speaking, buying guns in MA from unlicensed people who are about to turn them in to a "buyback" is probably a non-starter.

Also, the FFL on the street corner, I'm sure someone would charge him for operating at a location without a business license or whatnot.

It's a good thing some of you guys aren't cops, because you'd have everyone arrested with pre-crime charges.

If one of the FFL's here did this, and donated their time with every buyer making a $25 donation to Comm2A or GOAL for each gun rescued, then no business activity has occurred.

Maybe one of our resident FFLs can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that with some narrow exceptions (e.g. a gun show), an FFL can only conduct business at their licensed premises. An FFL can't just show up at any random location and perform transfers.

I think you're right:

MGL Ch. 140 §122. Every license shall specify the street and number of the building where the business is to be carried on, and the license shall not protect a licensee who carries on his business in any other place. …

I'm pretty sure if I told someone I would give them 4-10x as much as they would get at the buyback they would mostly be willing to follow me to an FFL down the street

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure if I told someone I would give them 4-10x as much as they would get at the buyback they would mostly be willing to follow me to an FFL down the street

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yep. If the cops want to attract them with cash, why can't we attract them with more cash?

It's a good thing some of you guys aren't cops, because you'd have everyone arrested with pre-crime charges.

If one of the FFL's here did this, and donated their time with every buyer making a $25 donation to Comm2A or GOAL for each gun rescued, then no business activity has occurred.

I'm not advocating this is correct or proper, I just know the way this state works and the way some people react to having their plans thwarted.

"$200 for an Assault Weapon"

How do they define that? Are cops really going to sit there and haggle over whether the rifle has a muzzle brake or flash suppressor?

How do they define that? Are cops really going to sit there and haggle over whether the rifle has a muzzle brake or flash suppressor?

2 evil features, $200. A post ban with only one feature, here's your $50 get lost.

lol, it's not until Sept 20. NES is way out ahead of this one. Stay tuned.

It would be so much better if we didn't need the state permission slip aka ltc. The one in seattle blew up since all the non garbage was bought by gun owners. The market system worked, old ladies didn't want to be cheated like the buybacks do.

OK, so one week from today, anyone going? Can we arrange a FFL with a table? It could prompt better deals than the Marlboro show happening the same day [smile]

Hmmmm..... I've got an ancient broken black powder shotgun, and a M-14 flash hider with a bayonet lug......

Back
Top Bottom