Cheap guns (!) on Saturday September 20 - Waltham joins gun buyback

The question was on BUYING, not SELLING guns in MA. I'm pretty sure Dowd has an FFL, and sells on Gunbroker, out of state.

One thing. A FFL in MA can only SELL at either the address on his license or at an official gun show.

HOWEVER, an FFL can buy, ANYWHERE. So there would be no reason, provided there were no trespassing problems, that a FFL could not set up shop and buy firearms on the spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the guns you're buying, you can never sell in MA. If you're cool with that, fine, but it cuts into the profit margin, if that's your plan.

If you are competing with someone who pays $100 for S&W revolvers or Glocks and $200 for an AR, there is plenty of margin left to cover a Gunbroker auction fee.

Don

Here's their prize for the day.
fd25bd476d2e6c3be2d86e16d6b496e0.jpg

Here's their prize for the day.
fd25bd476d2e6c3be2d86e16d6b496e0.jpg

No pics of them, must be embarrassing. And no mention of "assault weapons" so that number is zero. I bet they counted airsoft and BB guns in those numbers too.

Next time if a dozen or two people showed up and protested (legal, no venders licensed bs) they would lose their minds but not be able to do a thing about it.

Here we go.

Attachments

• 10665901_850939808280291_3147641833976151843_n.jpg
    10665901_850939808280291_3147641833976151843_n.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 94
Glad sbi and Hoover, you guys tried. Waltham Strong!

I'm surprised that there aren't guns stores that advertise to the general public that they buy old guns. Old guns could be one of the last bargain antiques out there as far as the general public is concerned, because they likely don't know the true value of what they own. Since they're so willing to turn them in to the police at gun seizure events [can't buy back something that you never owned]. And if they're willing to take a small gift card for their guns, who is to say that they wouldn't do the same at a gun store? You know, just to get rid of them.

I realize that for some stores, this idea is probably more of a butt ache than not, but for others it could be a good niche market that nobody is exploiting.
There are, Peter Dowd has an add in the T&G all the time

Don't forget Obie, they can arrest you for anything. It may not stick, but they can still ruin your day for any arbitrary reason they choose.
Not that I don't share your cynicism, but most police departments are far more liability conscious than people give them credit for.

False arrests on charges not based on probable cause are generally not a way to make "Officer of the Month".

waltham-guns.jpg&MaxW=650

ByKUJXiIQAAcf4_.jpg:large

• Waltham Police gun buyback program
    [*=left]The Waltham Police Department has deemed its first gun buyback program a success after taking in nearly 50 firearms.
    [*=left]
    [*=left] Waltham News Tribune
    Posted Sep. 22, 2014 @ 2:30 pm
    Updated at 2:39 PM

The Waltham Police Department has deemed its first gun buyback program a success after taking in nearly 50 firearms.

The buyback on Saturday at the American Legion, 215 Waverly Oaks Road, took in 46 guns, 19 of which were handguns. The program, in conjunction with the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office, was a part of the Police Department’s response to the death of Waltham teen Tyler Zanco, who was fatally shot in March.

Lt. Joseph Brooks, who spearheaded the program, said he didn’t know what to expect going into the day, but was pleased with the turnout.

“I think it went excellent. We had a great response,” Brooks said on Monday. “A lot of people participated and the response was overwhelming.”

Police took in different types of rifles, shotguns and handguns. Police said most of the participants came from Waltham, but some were from other communities.

The day went smoothly, police said, except for when two men showed up, one holding a sign saying, “Will Buy Guns and Ammo For Cash.”

Police said the men were violating a city ordinance and didn’t have a dealer’s license, so they left.
    Middlesex Sheriff Peter Koutoujian, in a statement, thanked his hometown community for its effort.
    “Providing residents with an avenue to securely dispose of unwanted firearms makes all our homes and communities safer, and I am glad the Middlesex Sheriff's Office could partner in this effort,” Koutoujian said.

Participants were awarded Visa gift cards in exchange for their firearms. Police gave out $50 for rifles and shotguns, $100 for working handguns and $200 for assault weapons. No assault weapons were turned in, police said.

Brooks said there’s no future buyback scheduled, but that it would make sense to do another given Saturday’s success.

The guns will be processed and destroyed, according to police.​

[*=left]

Here is the reason they created the gun buyback, because of the shooting of Tyler Zanco

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-police-say/T5hGNIRj4c2O8KjAMArnzJ/story.html

The Waltham teenager who was shot in an apartment complex parking lot last week was killed during an attempted drug rip-off that was set up as retaliation against one of the suspects in the shooting, police say.

According to documents filed in court this week, Tyler Zanco, 17, and two friends from Waltham High School planned on Thursday to rob Taylor Poulin, 21, of Newton, believing that Poulin had cheated Zanco’s younger cousin of 2 ounces of marijuana in a previous drug deal.

In the five-page court document, police describe how Zanco and two friends set up the drug deal to target Poulin, also known as Tru, whom Zanco “had recently had problems with.”

The victim wanted to rip off and beat up Tru for this incident with his cousin,” a Waltham police detective wrote.

The encounter quickly turned violent, with Zanco using a stun gun on Poulin. The two men then began fighting, and Poulin cried out for Mendes to shoot Zanco, the affidavit said. According to the account in the documents, Mendes first fired the gun in the air, leading Zanco to flee across the parking lot. Mendes then allegedly shot Zanco in the back.

Let's see, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, armed robbery, some drug charge (buying or possession or selling, not sure from reading the story), assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, possession of a prohibited electronic stun device (or however the statute is worded)

So let's have a gun buy back! Are they paying for tasers too? Drugs?

It's so amazing how the poster children for anti stuff so very often seem to be involved in illicit things... Traythiug, Mike "blunt cigar" Brown, Tyler "stungun" Zanco.

Last edited:
The day went smoothly, police said, except for when two men showed up, one holding a sign saying, “Will Buy Guns and Ammo For Cash.”

Police said the men were violating a city ordinance and didn’t have a dealer’s license, so they left.

[rofl]
Dickhead!

WTF is #31? Can't identify it.
But what a shame. All I can say is that the idiot clueless people of WPD definitely saved me money because there seem to be some nice pieces there on the table.

Here is the reason they created the gun buyback, because of the shooting of Tyler Zanco

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-police-say/T5hGNIRj4c2O8KjAMArnzJ/story.html

Let's see, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, armed robbery, some drug charge (buying or possession or selling, not sure from reading the story), assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, possession of a prohibited electronic stun device (or however the statute is worded)

So let's have a gun buy back! Are they paying for tasers too? Drugs?

It's so amazing how the poster children for anti stuff so very often seem to be involved in illicit things... Traythiug, Mike "blunt cigar" Brown, Tyler "stungun" Zanco.

So it was for the children, the children who want to commit multiple felonies? Sweet.

I just emailed the Mayor and the Waltham PD chief with a FOIA request for the make and model of every gun turned in, the number of stolen guns turned in, were the stolen guns returned to their rightful owners, the cost of wages paid to the Belmont, waltham and other agencies there, who paid those wages and was the American Legion paid for the use of their venue, if so how much.

So it was for the children, the children who want to commit multiple felonies? Sweet.

I just emailed the Mayor and the Waltham PD chief with a FOIA request for the make and model of every gun turned in, the number of stolen guns turned in, were the stolen guns returned to their rightful owners, the cost of wages paid to the Belmont, waltham and other agencies there, who paid those wages and was the American Legion paid for the use of their venue, if so how much.

Good call on that. I know the mayor personally, she will respond to you (probably not what you want to hear, but she will). CoP McPherson? Good luck...let me know when you hear from him [frown]

Quick question . Why did you hand the cops your id's ?

What crimes did they think you where on the act of .
My understand is a cop can ask for your papers unless he suspects you of some thing .

At least that's what I thought from watching a video of a cop to tell a tsa agent to **** off when he was (tsa agent) harassing people handing out info with there rights at a airport. Cop told the tsa agent he couldn't force the people to show there id's because they weren't breaking laws .
Or was the cop just giving crap to the tsa agent .
I asked a few cops on the family and half told me they could ask for your I'd unless they thought I was doing some thing illegal the other half weren't sure .

That's sickening. They gave out $1900 in gift cards for those handguns, which means sheeple lost thousands of dollars in personal property.

And those rifles, I'd love to see what's what on that table. GRRRRRRR.

I'll make sure I'm at the next one, with a sign that simply reads "YOU'RE GETTING RIPPED OFF!!"

Quick question . Why did you hand the cops your id's ?

What crimes did they think you where on the act of .
My understand is a cop can ask for your papers unless he suspects you of some thing .

At least that's what I thought from watching a video of a cop to tell a tsa agent to **** off when he was (tsa agent) harassing people handing out info with there rights at a airport. Cop told the tsa agent he couldn't force the people to show there id's because they weren't breaking laws .
Or was the cop just giving crap to the tsa agent .
I asked a few cops on the family and half told me they could ask for your I'd unless they thought I was doing some thing illegal the other half weren't sure .

I probably didn't need to legally, although he might have said I was soliciting without a vendors license. I knew I didn't do anything and really didn't give a sh!t. I figure he might call my town and say something to the licensing officer to try and get my license pulled or restricted, etc. Just hassle me more. Whatever, I could not care less. I have a good relationship with the licensing officer and doubt he'd give a crap.

I was having fun correcting them on their strange understanding of MA gun laws. I've been trolling the Waltham twitter account the past few days. Those nitwits favored a tweet of mine calling them stupid. I trolled them asking for them to release the make and model of all the guns taken in and someone tweeted me saying the WPD won't have time. I replied most will have the make and model on the gun, they are not very bright but they should be able to handle that. It's still on their favorites. Morons.

https://twitter.com/ryangrannand/status/514137076443672577

I probably didn't need to legally, although he might have said I was soliciting without a vendors license. I knew I didn't do anything and really didn't give a sh!t. I figure he might call my town and say something to the licensing officer to try and get my license pulled or restricted, etc. Just hassle me more. Whatever, I could not care less. I have a good relationship with the licensing officer and doubt he'd give a crap.

I was having fun correcting them on their strange understanding of MA gun laws. I've been trolling the Waltham twitter account the past few days. Those nitwits favored a tweet of mine calling them stupid. I trolled them asking for them to release the make and model of all the guns taken in and someone tweeted me saying the WPD won't have time. I replied most will have the make and model on the gun, they are not very bright but they should be able to handle that. It's still on their favorites. Morons.

https://twitter.com/ryangrannand/status/514137076443672577

The avatar kills it.

I probably didn't need to legally, although he might have said I was soliciting without a vendors license. I knew I didn't do anything and really didn't give a sh!t. I figure he might call my town and say something to the licensing officer to try and get my license pulled or restricted, etc. Just hassle me more.

Don't think they have any grounds to restrict or pull the license. Won't stand in court.

By Sara Schweiger TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF[email protected]

1 comment | Add a comment

one_pixel_transparent.gif

WORCESTER — Since its inception, the Goods for Guns gun buyback program has doled out $127,000 in gift cards to participants.

That's less than the cost of treating four gunshot victims, said Dr. Michael P. Hirsh, a pediatric surgeon who as co-director of the Injury Free Coalition for Kids started the program here in 2002.

Today, people will be able to turn in unwanted firearms, no questions asked, during the 13th annual buyback from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at police headquarters at Lincoln Square.

It's a collaboration between the Police Department, UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center, the Division of Public Health, the Worcester District Medical Society, the UMass Memorial Trauma Center and the Injury-Free Coalition for Kids, with the endorsement of the Worcester District Attorney's Office.

Since 2002, Goods for Guns has taken nearly 2,400 guns off the streets.

Goods for Guns is offering a $75 gift certificate for a semi-automatic weapon, $50 gift certificate for a pistol, and a $25 gift certificate for a rifle. Also accepted will be non-operable guns, pellet guns, knives, firearm accessories and live ammunition; no compensation will be issued for these items.

Big spenders. I'm sure all the street guns that sell for 7x more will be turned in.

All guns must be unloaded and wrapped in a bag. No questions will be asked.

Dr. Hirsh said some have criticized gun buybacks, saying they attract mostly rifles. Yet, he said, three-quarters of the weapons collected here over the years have been handguns or semi-automatics.

Dr. Hirsh hopes some of the returned weapons can be refashioned into a sort of statue for the Winslow Street Peace Park. The past few years, they've been stored at the Police Department.
[puke]

On Thursday, Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. presented a check for $5,000 in support of the program.

"Guns are used in two-thirds of homicides, and more than half of suicides are caused by guns," he said, adding those firearms are often found or stolen.

"When I speak to the deaths, I'm not even speaking to the injuries. You talk about the serious injuries that are involved and the cost to the system, the cost to public health and the cost to the families," he said.

Participating communities are Worcester, Charlton, Sturbridge, West Brookfield, Brookfield, Auburn, Rutland, Oxford and, new this year, Grafton, Leicester, Millbury, Northboro, Shrewsbury and Westboro.

"Every unwanted gun that is taken in is a victory for the cause.
[rolleyes] We look forward to another successful event this Saturday," said Sgt. Kerry F. Hazelhurst, the department's spokesman.

Leicester Police Chief James Hurley said his department put out a message that anyone unable to attend the buyback could arrange for pickup. He said a man called and said he had some ammunition he wanted to dispose of. Turns out, he had about 18 pounds of gunpowder, necessitating involvement by the bomb squad.

"God forbid there had been a fire in the house," Chief Hurley said.

Worcester's buyback will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Police Department headquarters, 9-11 Lincoln Square. The Shrewsbury, Westboro and Northboro police departments will participate.

Leicester will hold its buyback from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at 90 South Main St., Leicester; and Millbury will hold its buyback from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today at 127 Elm St., Millbury. Grafton held its buyback event Dec. 6, netting 11 weapons.

13 years of buy backs, I'm sure Worcester is a much safer place. Morons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom