Cheap guns (!) on Saturday September 20 - Waltham joins gun buyback

Set up in the parking lot with signs saying you'll pay more/ cash for these firearms. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would be willing to get more $$ for their assault (lol) weapons.

Set up in the parking lot with signs saying you'll pay more/ cash for these firearms. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would be willing to get more $$ for their assault (lol) weapons.

I've done this several times and come up with some great deals. An added plus was when Mayor Dominic Sarno of Springfield came up to me thinking I was holding a sign to support the buyback, only to read it and give me the shit-eye as he walked away.

I just got done polishing the feed ramp on my Sig Mosquito. Maybe now theyll finally gimme the $100 gift card for it! [laugh2]

Im making up flyers for people to meet people at a local ffl and ill buy their firearms for 25 more, maybe 50 if they are black killy and full retard

Sent from the blind

f_untitledmvm_4b54bbb_1.jpg~c200

figure this out, if you bring the firearm to them you get a giftcard. Some if not most using this BS buyback are illegally transporting/posssessing a firearm without a license, but if you call an officer to pick it up no gift card, does the officer get the gift card or do they take the money they would have received and the police get that for gas money to pick the firearm(s) up. WTF!

Problem is that there are A SHIT TON of old timers that are looking to rid themselves of some of their old (valuable and collectible) guns and just don't know how. They get duped into this BS. We should set up an NES table across and advertise to appraise and buy guns.

I've done this several times and come up with some great deals. An added plus was when Mayor Dominic Sarno of Springfield came up to me thinking I was holding a sign to support the buyback, only to read it and give me the shit-eye as he walked away.

Did you buy on the spot, or did you do a transfer at a nearby FFL?

I would have no issue with this if the City/Town auctioned off the turned in firearms for profit after verifying they weren't reported stolen.

Supposedly Springfield donates anything cool to Springfield Armory.
Mike

It's tacky for them to give some old widow a $100 gift card for a gun that might be worth 4 or 5 figures to a collector, but beyond that meh.

Also - is there any way of ensuring that the guns turned in aren't picked over by the cops running the show, or are they taking them home for free?

Count me in if there is one. Not sure how will PD treat this (or individuals trying to lure sellers for a better deal).

They did in Binghamton, NY recently.

Wouldn't people be liable if they happened to get stopped by LE on the way to the buyback for being in possession of a firearm while unlicensed?

Also LOL at the pics of the HK94/MP5 and M&P semi auto surely they are only worth $100 or $50.

3ZMQjYZ.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Also - is there any way of ensuring that the guns turned in aren't picked over by the cops running the show, or are they taking them home for free?

Didn't even think about that. And then they hit the trading forums making profit.

I've wanted to take part in a counter buy-back since I first heard about the idea. I know MA makes it more difficult, but I bet it's worth it in a town like Waltham.

How about we just get an FFL to come with us and do the transfers in the parking lot via cell/wi-fi connection?

Im IN for a NES table to keep them from cheating little old ladies out of thousands of $, i could even donate some cash...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom