• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Changing Eye Dominance

C-pher said:
Lynne said:
C-pher said:
Lynne said:
I understand some people can shoot cross dominance, luv, but it's recommended you stay on the same side. Not all people can shot left/right or right/left. :D

Lynne, did you see that link?

I clicked, but it told me it couldn't find it luv.

Try this one.

http://www.shootingusa.com/PRO_TIPS/JARRETT5/jarrett5.html

Thanks C, got it. Okay, that's fine, and it probably works for some people. All I can tell you is that I see MARKED improvement in our students when they go from cross dominant to shooting with the dominant eye and corresponding hand.

The last guy was just two weeks ago. We use the 50 ft. slow fire targets and place them at 12 (+/-) ft out. He was right handed but left eye. For some reason, we didn't do the dominant eye before we started to shoot (a temporary CRS moment), so he was shooting right handed. He was all over the place. I went over lining up the sights with him 3 times during 1 mag of 9 rounds. He wasn't even hitting the black. I was watching his hands, where the finger was on the trigger, etc. Then, the third time, I actually saw him turn his head to line up with his left eye. I stopped him. I had him switch to his left hand (after a few moments of assuring him he'd shoot better), and guess what? The next round was dead center. And the rest of the .22 rounds, as well as the .38's were either hitting the X ring, or in the 10 ring. He finished shooting a much happier camper than when he first started.

Now, some folks, like Nickle's son, adapt and do very well shooting cross dominant, however, a lot of folks don't.

Back
Top Bottom