• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Certified S&W Armorer?

Srderby

NES Member
Looking for certified S&W Armorer. I need weapon inspected and letter stating it is not altered (with exception of sights. Also need copy of S&W armorers certificate. Will pay reasonable fee for this and I’ll come to you. Thank you!

Last edited:
Most Armorers work for a government agency. I am a S&W Armorer whose cert has expired but the knowledge has not. Take the firearm to a gunsmith for that inspection.

Last edited:
Mike, I was one of four Armorers/ Firearms instructors for the Mass. Environmental Police. We were certified for Colt "O" frames (1911's) AR's, S&W Revolvers and Pistols, Remington Shotguns (870's, 1100's and 1187's). Those certs had to be recertified every three years. I am afraid this guy wants someone to stick their neck out who does not have the license from the state or the Feds to repair Firearms.

Also, he has been here for about 7 and a half years and only 18 posts.

Mike, I was one of four Armorers/ Firearms instructors for the Mass. Environmental Police. We were certified for Colt "O" frames (1911's) AR's, S&W Revolvers and Pistols, Remington Shotguns (870's, 1100's and 1187's). Those certs had to be recertified every three years. I am afraid this guy wants someone to stick their neck out who does not have the license from the state or the Feds to repair Firearms.

Also, he has been here for about 7 and a half years and only 18 posts.
I’m not looking for anyone to “stick their neck out”, I’m only looking for someone to inspect weapon and confirm it’s still factory spec. And…. I need someone w ho is certified by SW. not my rules, I’m just following what the Geds want done.

Mike, Lock this thread, my spidey senses are on full alert.
Wait…I don’t get it. What could I being doing here that causes you spider senses to be on “full alert”? I,m looking for an armorer to inspect a weapon. What is wrong with that? I’m a veteran, LEOSA credentialed, god fearing American. I’ve tried 5 different gun shops and have asked SW for help. What the heck?

Mike, Lock this thread, my spidey senses are on full alert.
Nah, he's just looking for something that likely doesn't exist. (An S&W armorer that does side gigs lol)

This is bizarre concept to me though considering that I don't think people like FFDOs even have to do this. They just buy the specific gun required and use it.

Am I missing something here? Why not reach out directly to S&W to send the weapon in for inspection and “certification” or what ever statement they are willing to provide? I don’t understand the desire to seek a 3rd party to “certify” something…

View: https://youtu.be/mEB7WbTTlu4

I did ask SW but have not heard back from them. That would certainly be ideal.

Nah, he's just looking for something that likely doesn't exist. (An S&W armorer that does side gigs lol)

This is bizarre concept to me though considering that I don't think people like FFDOs even have to do this. They just buy the specific gun required and use it.
Maybe so, but with all that has been going on, I trust no one when it comes to stuff like this.

I’ll try calling SW. I emailed their contact for the MP Armorers training but have not heard back. I will try Mass firearms, good idea, thank you.

Good luck with that, ive never heard of an M&P armorer. Maybe on a larger PD?
I took a S&W armorers course and received my Armorers certificate a few years ago.

That being said I’m not doing the work. So it useless for this thread but they are out there.

SW has a two day course to become an MP armorer. I could take the course but I’m sure TSA won’t let me certify my own weapon.

I'm a certified s&w amourer (fanboy) tell me where to send the cert
Can you help? Not looking for anything shady. Just need a certified SW Armorer to inspect weapon and confirm it’s still to factory spec ( no trigger work, etc…). I have a brand new Shield Plus I bought for this.

Back
Top Bottom