• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cerakote setup Mk2

FrankenPara is getting a slide redo. Color fill method didn't work since the lettering is so shallow and thin lined. It's getting blasted again tomorrow.

Broc came up today so I could hit his 22/45 upper again. I wasn't happy with how the color ended up. Color matches the lower a LOT better now. I'll let him talk about how it was before hand along with everything else. ;)

Pics:
View attachment 855095View attachment 855096View attachment 855097View attachment 855098

Thank you.

So you all know, below are the pics from the gun before re-doing the Cerakote. This is a Lipsey's gun. Their Cerakote was terrible. It was too thick and it seemed they did ZERO prep work. Pins would peel the Cerakote off. We peeled some of it and it didn't seem like they did any prep work. It also looked like it was applied too thick.

This is a Steel Challenge gun, it doesn't get holstered, it doesn't get dropped, it doesn't use a trigger lock and the pins don't get taken out every time I clean it. In short, it doesn't get abused.

Lipsey's said I could put all the stocks parts back and send it. But I thought I would have someone local do the work right. They were quick to respond, I will give them that, but I am not dealing with a company that couldn't be bothered to do any prep work the first time.

@Golddiggie did a great job. As mentioned, he wasn't happy with how the upper looked so he refinished that. That says a lot about someone.

I wonder how many more of these are out there with bad Cerakote jobs.

BEFORE pics:

20240206_155114.jpg

20240206_155906.jpg

20240206_155853.jpg

20240206_155052.jpg

20240206_155327.jpg

Back
Top Bottom