• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CDC’s FASTER (Firearms Injury Surveillance Through Emergency Rooms) in DC

MaverickNH

NES Member

CDC funded 3-year grants to nine states & DC to take ER case data and create Dashboards for firms injuries. DC used it to find most firearms injuries afflict young, Black males, 40% of whom go on to die from subsequent shootings. What new was learned?

IMG_2272.jpeg

Utah also captures ER data, concluding ”Nearly three-quarters of all unintentional injuries in the state are to males between the ages of 15 and 44, most of whom accidentally shoot themselves while mishandling or cleaning the weapons.” Conclusions are caveated by the limitation that in 64% of ER firearms injuries the cause was undetermined or missing. So, conclusions were based on only ~1/3rd of data.

IMG_2273.jpeg

Your tax dollars at work!

Those Utah numbers are embarassing from a clinical research point of view. Do you have a link to the study? I'd like to see the raw for DC and see what their undetermined numbers are

Clearly what we need is to deliver safe firearms handling training for all BIPOC communities, cut back on those unintentional injuries, eliminate "cleaning accidents".

You can't see it, but I have a 'shocked face.'

View attachment 772015

Who'da thunk it?

Oh, everyone thunk it? My bad...
Relevant questions:

- What percentage of those doing the shootings have LTCs?
- What percentage of those doing the shootings who do not have LTCs would qualify if they applied?

The opposition seems to be missing the facts that LTC holders carrying are not the problem. Even pre Bruen, about 92% of those licensed to own handguns in MA had unrestricted LTCs.

Back
Top Bottom