Ccw problems?

I live in Derry,nh I applied for my ccw after I purchased my 3rd handgun. So I call two weeks later they say they sent a letter. No letter received ever I hounded them for a few weeks never received a letter no denial no ccw. Not sure what happened here or what to do I applied back in may a week after I bought my newest sig passed background check I don't even have a misdemeanor on my record?

I also just bought a stripped ar lower today that went threw state police no problem? I was under the impression if you can purchase a firearm handgun etc you shall be issued a permit. Police department had some bit** answering the phones said ill receive a letter never got anything! Never said I was denied so I don't know what I do from here?

They said they sent a letter so I didn't pay 10$ they didn't ask for the money they just said I couldn't pick it up she got really angry and said they sent a letter multiple times. I never received anything this was like 7 months ago.

Derry is one of the few towns that doesn't prefer applicants for a Pistol and Revolver license drop the check off with the application. The whole situations sounds like a comedy of errors.

They said they sent a letter so I didn't pay 10$ they didn't ask for the money they just said I couldn't pick it up she got really angry and said they sent a letter multiple times. I never received anything this was like 7 months ago.

You do realize you can walk into the police station and ask to talk to somebody in charge? If they actually made a decision on your Pistol and Revolver license, they must have a record. If approved, you give them a check and they give you a piece of onionskin paper.

Last edited:
Well I assumed I was denied and didn't give the 2500$ retainer for penny dean at the time so I kinda just figured I can still check off never been denied and try again after I talk to a lawyer. If you never recieve a denial you aren't inclined to check it off right? Now Kevin I would've assumed if I was able to pick it up some one would've called me after a few weeks of not picking it up right? And I tried to pay for it when I filled out the application they wouldn't accept a check.

Yeah I probably should've just gone to the pd and asked to speak to the chief or licensing officer. Has any one gotten a p&r in Derry,nh and of had a similar thing happen to them?

Well I assumed I was denied and didn't give the 2500$ retainer for penny dean at the time so I kinda just figured I can still check off never been denied and try again after I talk to a lawyer. If you never recieve a denial you aren't inclined to check it off right? Now Kevin I would've assumed if I was able to pick it up some one would've called me after a few weeks of not picking it up right? And I tried to pay for it when I filled out the application they wouldn't accept a check.

You'd think the Police would call or write when the permit is ready; not notifying applicants is one way a chief can be passive-aggressively anti. I only knew my paperwork was done because I saw they cashed my check.

I just spoke to Evan nappen and he said they have to issue if I can legally buy firearms he said he's not lost a single case and even sues the police chief in most cases for attorneys fees now I just need to wait til I have the 1500$ available.

Derry denied me for a permit back in 06 for two old, nonviolent, non-disqualifying misdemeanors. I had them expunged but now whenever I apply to renew my permit I have to include a letter that I had been denied in the past.

Not much of a big deal but it kind of sucks.

The Derry CoP is a douche.

Just go down and ask. Be nice.

Some years ago, I lived in concord and applied for a renewal. I called 16 days later and ask the receptionist very nicely when it was going to be ready.
She replied "It will be ready when he gets to it!" I calmly replied "Here's my number. Please go and ask an officer what the law is regarding and call me back"
10 minutes later, I get a call "You can pick it up anytime". "That's what I thought" I'm guessing aunt flow was in town that day.

Dude... to repeat what people here have been trying to tell you: This is probably all just a misunderstanding, even though it doesn't SEEM that way to you. Maybe they DID send you a letter and it was lost in the mail. Snail mail sucks, right? Whatever. Just relax, go down to the PD during business hours, and ask about your license status. As Buggin said, be nice.

Before you spend money on an attorney, just try going down in person and being pleasant. You WILL eventually get your license. You know you will. You will NOT have to sue anybody. In the 25 or so years I've lived in New Hampshire, it is my experience that avoiding official (especially lawyerly) confrontation -- if at ALL possible -- is the best course of action.

Put on your best clothes, assume your best manners and go down to the police station and talk with the Chief or the licensing officer. You know maybe they sent the letters, but they had the wrong address. It happens, believe me. Either there is more to this story, or you aren't thinking this through. If they did send you multiple letters as they allege, go to the police station and ask for a copy. Believe it or not there are some things in 2012 AD that can best be handled in person and not smart phone, computer or tablet. This sounds like one of them.

Like Mark from MA said, I hope that you went down personally to the PD to try to find out what happened before you contacted an attorney. To make an assumption without sufficient facts is a potential recipe for disaster.

Best of luck to you on this.

Going on Wednesday to get the letter... I don't have any misdemeanor or violent crimes just a few speeding tickets.. I moved in with my god in hooksett so I'm just going to apply here.

I went through the same thing in Nashua. I just called them and reminded them of the laws and I had my permit the same day. Like others have said be nice. Good luck

So the letter said I was denied based on a criminal threatening conviction ... I've never been arrested or charged with criminal threatening and the only thing on my record is a violation for being to loud in a campground... So idfk what to do I called the court that supposedly charged me with criminal threatening and they stated I only have a disorderly conduct violation but the police officer said I had criminal threatening and wouldn't let me see the paperwork stating that I have a conviction... Can I sue the town for this its clearly them making up whatever the hell they want.

I spoke to Evan nappen I am waiting on him to call me back again and coincidently I was having the disorderly conduct violation annulled and Derry police is saying the disorderly conduct violation is criminal threatening not disorderly conduct I called the court again and they said I do not have a criminal threatening charge. Can you file a lawsuit over something like this.

I just spoke to the court again and they're saying exact words" the police department is retarded there is no conviction on that charge for you ever the paperwork the requested on the disorderly conduct was sent to them and nothing in here does it say anything of criminal threatening" ... There sending me copy's on the indictment

I just spoke to the court again and they're saying exact words" the police department is retarded there is no conviction on that charge for you ever the paperwork the requested on the disorderly conduct was sent to them and nothing in here does it say anything of criminal threatening" ... There sending me copy's on the indictment

When you get the paperwork bring that to the lawyer. As far as next legal steps, listen to what the lawyer has to say on this.

Back
Top Bottom