Carrying at work?

The company I work for has a very strict social media policy, so I won't disclose what I do or where I work--with that said, my job entails being in uniform (to the point of looking like LEOs or security guards), we deal with shady people at late hours and carry/handle large amounts of cash, and oftentimes work alone on site. There is a strict no weapons policy, with a section specifically referencing no firearms "on company property or in vehicles parked on company property", and we are not to carry anything that can be used as a weapon, including pepper spray, pocket knives, leatherman, etc.

The company is run by a bunch of liberal moonbats who live in la-la land and have no idea what we deal with at the ground level. We actually had a training manager tell us that if a customer were to attack us, we were expressly forbidden from fighting back, and to "perhaps just talk to them and calm them down". They are also so afraid of offending their customers that they bend over backwards to kow tow to them in any way, and blame the employees for problems caused by said customers. We actually had an employee get assaulted by one of our clientele, and no action was taken against the assailant, including from law enforcement, at the urging of a manager. My co-worker was injured badly enough to have to go to the ER. The security tapes of the assault conveniently disappeared, and my co-worker was told in no uncertain terms that if he attempted to sue the company OR the assailant he would be fired.

your co-worker should 100% hire an attorney and sue them.

I don not work at a corporate location. But I noticed some new gates last time I went to a building. I didn't carry because my boss told me about these new gates and he knows about me. He wasn't sure if they were x-ray or metal detectors.

So now I have to go in on a Sunday morning and buy coffee for the new security crew and get the low down on what these are and how they work.

I don not work at a corporate location. But I noticed some new gates last time I went to a building. I didn't carry because my boss told me about these new gates and he knows about me. He wasn't sure if they were x-ray or metal detectors.

So now I have to go in on a Sunday morning and buy coffee for the new security crew and get the low down on what these are and how they work.
Or carry a large metallic item in your pocket, like a screw driver, and see what happens

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Or carry a large metallic item in your pocket, like a screw driver, and see what happens

But for the weekends they hire young and cute college females......that might be a screw driver...lmao...

But I need to find out of it's an x-ray machine...don't mind me, I watched a couple of Bond films yesterday....lol

A screwdriver could be considered a weapon. Anyone remember Bernie Goetz? Carry a pair of vice grips that weigh roughly what your carry piece does.

Also, if they're x-raying you I think you have to be warned with signage.

To the OP: Concealed means concealed. I carry whenever it is possible. Which doesn't say 100% of the time, but close.

A screwdriver could be considered a weapon. Anyone remember Bernie Goetz? Carry a pair of vice grips that weigh roughly what your carry piece does.

Also, if they're x-raying you I think you have to be warned with signage.

To the OP: Concealed means concealed. I carry whenever it is possible. Which doesn't say 100% of the time, but close.

good call on the vice grips. Looks like I have a plan for my coffee run on father's day....lol

and carry/handle large amounts of cash
If you are robbed, you do know who the first suspect is, don't you?

He wasn't sure if they were x-ray or metal detectors.
Given the health and regulatory issues with x-rays, I doubt anything you walk through would be an x-ray machine. The TSA removed the x-ray people scanners from airports and replaced them with mm wave scanners, presumably because of public acceptance problems and refuseniks.

Last edited:
I work from home. I am literally surrounded by guns.

I do too...and am as well...but sometimes I do have to go into a work building and because of these newly installed devices I don't carry in the building now. And I worry about the gun unattended in the car. So I'll scope it out on Sunday before everyone in the house wakes up and all my father's day gifts are thrust upon me....lol

Caught with gun, lose job
Caught without gun, lose life

Which can you do without?

By company policy I am not permitted to have a deadly weapon anywhere on company property. By law (Ohio Revised Code), I am not permitted to carry in the building (our private psychology practice is licensed as a mental health center/Forensic Assessment Service), although several people know that I carry outside of work. Recently when one particular client showed up, the president/owner was called at home and asked his secretary if I was working that day and if I would be there. She proceeded to ask me if I would be there when this individual was scheduled to be seen. When I asked why, she indicated that the owner knew that I carried and wanted me to stay. I told her that it was against company policy to carry and that she should call the local police or contract with a private security firm if she wanted personal security.

I do carry, however, don't advertise that I have a gun at work. I will protect myself and others if the situations necessitate intervening, but I'm not going to put myself out there and offer to be someone's bodyguard.

With three kids, I'm in and out of the school from 1-4 times a day every day, and then right to work..........So I abide by the law and never carry on school grounds, so I'm never armed at work either.

Funny thing - go to any Fortune 500 company with a "no guns" policy and you will almost certainly find non-uniformed assistants to the CEO who are armed in at least some situations.

I work with a mostly pro gun group, and nothing in state law or my city's ordinances say I can't. Worst case, I just don't go into certain rooms at work, or insecure my gun in one of the lockers if I absolutely have to..... Plus, if the situation is dire enough that I have to start using my personal gun, I'd probably be past the point of either GTFO, or get something bigger than the G19/G43 ID be carrying

My company has a strict no gun policy, but every day I get closer to saying **** it and carrying in my pocket holster anyway. If I wasn't worried about having an unemployment claim denied if I got fired for getting caught I would absolutely start carrying there tomorrow.

Check the law on unemployment claims. Last I knew you could only legally be denied if you stole from the company or (I think) failed to come to work. Not to say that some anti-gun moonbat listening to the companies objection to your claim may not rule with their fears vs. the law.

your co-worker should 100% hire an attorney and sue them.

Absolutely, get an employment attorney and they will make mincemeat out of the company. Pretty sure what you described included outright illegal acts that are criminally prosecutable as well.

At any rate, I would never work under those sort of conditions/threats.

Let me just say that days like today having a can of mace in my pocket when I get on the train provides little comfort. Frankly, it provides little comfort anyway.

Working in Boston and commuting by public transportation means you are constantly moving between potential mass casualty incidents.

Funny thing - go to any Fortune 500 company with a "no guns" policy and you will almost certainly find non-uniformed assistants to the CEO who are armed in at least some situations.

Ironically, the pro-gun control Occupy Idiots made enough death threats on public company CEO's to make a valid case for having armed bodyguards 24/7, even as they forbid their employees from carrying at work.

Let me just say that days like today having a can of mace in my pocket when I get on the train provides little comfort. Frankly, it provides little comfort anyway.

Working in Boston and commuting by public transportation means you are constantly moving between potential mass casualty incidents.
There have been a few times on public transit when I had my hand in my pocket at the "safety" on my can of Sabre Red flipped off. Certainly a lot more often than I've felt the need to reach for a gun!

I carry at the warehouse because I work for a pro-2a company. When we tour and do shows, I can't. Too many different states

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

my boss (a moonbat and bernie supporter who hate income inequality) asked me a couple weeks ago if "i had a gun?" i froze for a second and said...."yes?" with little confidence because i was pocket carrying a G43. She then asked/ordered me to shoot a woodchuck. (i work in maine). i now bring a marlin .22 to work and keep it in my truck everyday. I haven't seen the woodchuck since.

i now can say that the glock is for the woodchuck (at 100 yards) but concealed is concealed.[rofl]

I do. Work in Boston, jumped through the hoops to get my Non-res class A with no restrictions, and give zero ****s about company policy on the matter.

My boss allows me to carry as long as it's concelled. My summer carry is a Sig 938 in my pocket, a Sig 228 in my carry bag and a 12 Gauge pump in my truck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom