Carrying at work?

Don't mean for this to be an "out yourself" thread, but who carries at work against company policy?
I work somewhere where its against company policy, but more and more want to regardless of policy. I guess it's come down to my life being more important than the job I loathe going to every day.
Today's events have changed my mind, there are more and more foreign crazies out there who hate the US and I think we may see an uptick in these events soon.

I knew a guy who carried his .25 in a pocket holster while working at scumbies. Their corporate policy was HURR DURR GUNS ARE BAD! He got fired, but for entirely different reasons. Nobody ever knew he had it. My girlfriend has carried on occasion at her former job. No issues.
As for me, I carry every day, but I work at a gun shop, so it would be quite odd of me to not be carrying on the job. If I get a second job and its retail, I'll probably carry there too. I'd rather be fired for defending myself than dead on the floor.

Many IT departments route all traffic through servers that can read your posts, so I wouldn't ask people this question.
10pm on a Sunday - he's probably posting from home...

It's a gray area at my company. I carry daily.

10pm on a Sunday - he's probably posting from home...

He's probably not posting from work...

Glad you guys posted these. Im tech-challenged and was like"wtf, dude's posting (presumably) on his own time and someones saying watch what you say"

Many IT departments route all traffic through servers that can read your posts, so I wouldn't ask people this question.

I for one, will take my chances.

No I do no carry at work. I also don't steal office supplies, and typically work about 80 hours per week.

One more thing: our IT guys are the bravest, smartest men we have and we would probably be lost without their guiding wisdom.

[thumbsup]

I carry within the bounds of the law and at my own discretion.

Plus, I am part of the IT Team, I know they don't actively monitor our traffic.

I work 2 jobs, one it's allowed by the owner and the other it's strictly forbidden per corporate policy etc. I carry at both and when it comes down to it I hope it will never have to be used at either place. I got a seecamp just so I could comfortably pocket carry at the corporate place. I don't regret it one bit. Noone has any idea and I have some peace of mind that I'm protected in case of worst case scenario

My company has a strict no gun policy, but every day I get closer to saying **** it and carrying in my pocket holster anyway. If I wasn't worried about having an unemployment claim denied if I got fired for getting caught I would absolutely start carrying there tomorrow.

How do I find out if my job allows me to carry ?
Without being that guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look in your company handbook. Don't look for permission. Look for words that ban or disallow you from carrying.

If a company allows it, the handbook will not say "we allow carrying", it probably wont mention anything regarding weapons.

He's probably not posting from work...

I meant respondants might post from work without knowing their company does this. I only knew cause i have buddies in IS that warned me they had a new 3rd party vendor that allows them to pore through your net usage and scan for certain words or content.

Since I don't work there anymore I can say, yeah, I'd break the rules if I felt like carrying, fock 'em.

Last edited:
The company I work for has a very strict social media policy, so I won't disclose what I do or where I work--with that said, my job entails being in uniform (to the point of looking like LEOs or security guards), we deal with shady people at late hours and carry/handle large amounts of cash, and oftentimes work alone on site. There is a strict no weapons policy, with a section specifically referencing no firearms "on company property or in vehicles parked on company property", and we are not to carry anything that can be used as a weapon, including pepper spray, pocket knives, leatherman, etc.

The company is run by a bunch of liberal moonbats who live in la-la land and have no idea what we deal with at the ground level. We actually had a training manager tell us that if a customer were to attack us, we were expressly forbidden from fighting back, and to "perhaps just talk to them and calm them down". They are also so afraid of offending their customers that they bend over backwards to kow tow to them in any way, and blame the employees for problems caused by said customers. We actually had an employee get assaulted by one of our clientele, and no action was taken against the assailant, including from law enforcement, at the urging of a manager. My co-worker was injured badly enough to have to go to the ER. The security tapes of the assault conveniently disappeared, and my co-worker was told in no uncertain terms that if he attempted to sue the company OR the assailant he would be fired.

Last edited:
Glad you guys posted these. Im tech-challenged and was like"wtf, dude's posting (presumably) on his own time and someones saying watch what you say"

In my previous company, if you ever visit NES from your work computer, your boss can see it, and how long would it take him to look through your posts and find this thread?

1. Read the employee manual. See if it specifically prohibits firearms. Mine says something along the lines of "no weapons unless authorized by law" - I take it as LTC = authorized by law. I'd carry either way though.
2. Don't browse gun sites on your work computer. This should be obvious!!! No NES, no IV8888 on YouTube, no signing up for IDPA matches, no gun pages on Facebook. Use your smartphone for all of that or just wait till you get home.
3. Keep your mouth shut. I've overheard several retarded anti conversations in the office and I've ignored them and gone about my business.
4. Conceal it well. Very well. Tell no one.

Back
Top Bottom