Carry gun. What do you carry?

Here lately it is this

DSC00918.jpg

Currently a Taurus 85.

The glock 26 was a great gun. I just feel its too big for summer carry, but too small for winter carry.

I picked the Taurus up just to toss in my pocket during the summer. When the colder months come around
I'll be in the market for a glock 19/23 or a sig 239. Something that will offer a better grip and longer
site radius then the 26.

I carry a Glock 30 in the winter and the Glock 26 in the summer. I've had to modify my wardrobe a bit. I wear my shorter tee shirts in the winter as my first layer and my longer tee shirts in the summer. I have to look around a bit before I reach over my head or lean way over.

A working firearm of the largest caliber that can be hidden on my person, Drawn and fired effectively and hit the target with a high percentage of the rounds fired.

Depending on the season and what state I'm in it's either a XDm in 40 or a SP101 357 with 38+p. At 6' 275# you can hide almost anything under a 3x shirt.

I gotta tell you guys that with the new hip replacement I just had it sure was nice to be able to slip my S&W 642 snubbie into my pocket or into my Smart Carry holster. I found it a little painful to carry my Sig 229 on my hip.

Tends to be SIG P239 in either .357SIG or .40 (have barrels for both), or if I'm wearing bulky enough clothes, maybe SIG P229 in .40.

My45Warthog.jpg

I use my Kimber Target II for the range, but I carry a WartHog for defense.

The 3" barrel fits into holster and pants really well and with TAP ammo, you

just cant find a better peace of mind (imho).

Good luck with your choice !!!!

This was taken on my desk scanner sideways not the long way!!!

Lately it's been the East German Makarov but when it starts to get really hot to where I'm sweating all day, Stainless PPK/s will take it's place. In cold months it's a full size 1911 or Kahr K40 depending on what I'm doing.

Either a Kahr K9 (UBG Canute holster) or a Model 19 with a 2.5" bbl (Lobo Gunleather holster). After watching the far left plate in the HSC plate rack shrug off about 6 consecutive hits with a Europellet and go down - HARD - with one round from the .357, I'm leaning more towards the Model 19 for carry. Safariland Comptac speedloaders.

1911 Government model 8 + 1 in a strongside OWH, two spare 8 round mags on the belt weakside.
I don't care if it prints. I can open carry when/if I choose, some days I choose. I have never heard a peep about it from anyone.
I carry .45 because having to shoot twice is just silly.

Most often I'll have my Colt 1991A1 with 8+1 of 230gr JHP goodness & at least one spare mag.

Otherwise its the Derringer of Doom™ loaded with two 3" .410 (five OOO buck pellets) tucked in a pocket.

S&W 910 in my waist around town for 9 months a year, a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in a shoulder rig for the woods, or Taurus PT-22 in my pocket for the super casual summer venues.

Would love a Kahr PM9, but I live in the state where they make them... so I'm screwed.

JR

Chalk me up for the Ruger LCP also. CT laser grip and in a wallet holster for back pocket carry. If someone wants what's in my wallet, I'll be happy to comply [grin].

Attachments

• DSCN3366.JPG
    DSCN3366.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN3365.JPG
    DSCN3365.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN3362.JPG
    DSCN3362.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Back