• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carry gun. What do you carry?

Looking into a Ruger LCR .38 SPL
Or an S&W 642 PD

Any suggestions would be helpful

I shot the Ruger LCR .38 SPL with +P loads today. Quite a hand-full for a small gun.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited:
I like my S&W 642. Goes right in the pocket, in a Mika holster. I like the Crimson Trace Grips on these because the sight radius is so short. To me it's a 30' gun. Some guys can shoot farther. Dry fire 'til the trigger smoothes out. It can shoot pretty good too. Here's a 30' target, 5 rounds, 1 .75" group.
24uz04j.jpg

I currently carry a Seecamp LWS-32. I really like it for deep concealment as it hides really well in my pocket.

My Kahr PM9 just came in today, and I'm anxiously waiting to hit the range. I'll probably alternate between the 2.

LCR & 642 are both good options for wheel guns. I prefer autos. Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck disappears.... and a KT P32 in an uncle mikes pocket holster as a backup. You have to choose what you feel comfortable shooting and comfortable carrying. If it hurts to shoot or is heavy to carry you'll leave it in the safe, if you shoot it well and can carry it easily you'll be more apt to carry it.

Last edited:
My new favorite that I carry everywhere is my Micro Desert Eagle .380. Fits nicely without having to change my wardrobe at all. Us girls can be stubborn sometimes when it comes to CC.

DSC00610.jpg

M&P9 about 90% of the time

S&W Models 64 or 65 about 8%

S&W Model 637 the last 2%

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice S&W. I have an M&P 40. Nice in winter tough in the summer.

I'm looking for something easy to conceal,fun to shoot, and does the job if ever needed.

Nice S&W. I have an M&P 40. Nice in winter tough in the summer.

I'm looking for something easy to conceal,fun to shoot, and does the job if ever needed.

Yeah, I carry my Sig 229 mostly in winter and the 642 in summer or if I'm in a hurry I can just pocket the 642. The 642 is handy and you'll find yourself going for it quite often. Don't forget the Smartcarry holsters for a 642. Great holster if you're wearing elastcized pants or sweats.

The 642 is NOT a fun to shoot gun though. I practice occasionally but not a lot.

On my own time...a S@W M@P 9 compact w/ crimson trace lasergrips...and a 10 rnd mag in my pocket.

I've been carrying my G30 for quite a while, but recently I find myself reaching for the S&W 1911sc - great trigger, very lightweight, and feels great in the hand.

IMG_0006.jpg

Mostly Glocks (9MM and 40, with a G30 thrown in), but I have been carrying a M&P45-I'm trying hard to like it. And waiting for the M&P45c to come out in MA.

Last edited:
I just bought and started carring a Walther PK380. I've shot it at the range a few times, about 200 rounds through it. No problems and shoots dead on at 50'. Conceals very well seeing as how it is really not much bigger than the P22.

PK380-1.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom