Can you buy a NEW Glock in MA?

There are two lists you must obide by in MA. The one that causes all the issues is the attorney generals consumer saftey list. Glocks arn't allowed because they are considerd a consumer hazard because they don't have a loaded chamber indicator. But I'm sure someone can chime in and give you better details.

If a resident from a free state owns any "off list" or non AG approved firearm and moves into this state with it, they can legally sell it to a licensed gun owner in MA.

The EOP list and AGs consumer safety regs only apply to FFLs.

Note... the above does not apply to pre-ban configured "assault weapons" if manufactured after 09/13/94.

Last edited:
because they don't have a loaded chamber indicator
Newer Glocks do have such an indicator (extractor based), but the AG decided that the term "effective" did not apply to it.

Hello, sorry for the newbie question, but if someone has a LTC-A in Massachusetts, can they purchase a new Glock 37? At this link:

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/approved_firearms_roster_10_2007.pdf

It looks like Glocks are legal. If Glocks are legal like in the above article - how does a citizen with an LTC-A purchase one, or obtain one in the state?

Thanks!
Matt

As I understand it:

If you can find a private person in MA who legally has a new Glock and wants to sell it, then you can buy it. LEO's often sell new or nearly new Glocks. There's no MA law prohibiting ownership of a new Glock (or most any other firearm that's not on "the list"). The law only applies to retail sales. Private sales are completely legal as long as buyer and seller are both in MA.

Retailers cannot sell new Glocks. However, if you DID find one who was willing to sell it to you, there's no reason you can't buy it. The law applies to the retail seller, not the buyer. He might end up in court, but not you.

Last edited:
So to summarize your original question, assuming you are properly licensed etc

1. Yes you can buy a new Glock which is on the EOPS list from a dealer in Mass. The dealer is taking any AG regulations risk not you as buyer.

2. Yes you can buy a new Glock which is on the EOPS list from a private party in Mass. LEOS are private parties as far as the AG reglations are concerned.

There is only 1 list, the EOPS List. The AG has Regulations that apply only to sales by retal dealers and there is no AG list.

I dont know about buying a NEW glock, but you can buy a used one [smile]

I am in LOVE with my new to me Glock 33!!!! Effing love it, the 357 is damned vicious and is really damned percussive and loud at the range.

Back
Top Bottom