Can I shoot an arrow to get my drone out of a tree?

Are fishing poles legal in Mass? [smile]

Seriously, borrow a heavy pole & use very heavy line with enough weight to put it where you want. If the fishing line isn't heavy enough, use it to pull rope over the branches.

Either this or a rocket pack.

Bumplestilskin

What ever happened with this? Is there still a free drone sitting in a tree in Newton?

I think he started a new thread about whether he can use a drone to get his arrows out of a tree... they have flashing lights on the nocks...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have a drone stuck about 40-50 feet up in a tree at a park in Newton. I tried for an hour to throw rocks at it but the branches keep getting in the way and I can Barely throw that high. My 23 foot extension pole with another 8 foot pole taped on wont reach it and flexes too much to add any more length.

People living in free states use slingshots with rope attached to weights to shake branches but slingshots are illegal in MA. Anyone know the legality of me shooting an arrow and string up into the tree?

It is Newton so I imagine the sheep might freak out but is there any law prohibiting this? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a buddy that's got a better arm than you. Know any HS baseball players?
Get an object that can be thrown easily but has a little weight to it.
Attach some 20lb test fishing line and throw up and over. Shake it like hell.
Maybe you'll get lucky.

Find a buddy that's got a better arm than you. Know any HS baseball players?
Get an object that can be thrown easily but has a little weight to it.
Attach some 20lb test fishing line and throw up and over. Shake it like hell.
Maybe you'll get lucky.

It fell out of the tree and someone took it. I looked on craigslist and could not find it in the community forum

Are fishing poles legal in Mass? [smile]

Seriously, borrow a heavy pole & use very heavy line with enough weight to put it where you want. If the fishing line isn't heavy enough, use it to pull rope over the branches.

Either this or a rocket pack.

Don't do it.
Fishing poles can easily be confused with umbrellas and may trigger a SWAT response.

It fell out of the tree and someone took it. I looked on craigslist and could not find it in the community forum

Did you fine your eFA-57 "lost or stolen drone" report? Don't forget to mail a copy to your local FAA registrar.

Back
Top Bottom