Can I shoot an arrow to get my drone out of a tree?

don't bother with a slingshot or a bow and arrow if you don't want any chance of trouble...just find a buddy that was a ball player that can throw accurately

Find a deer hunter who has a climbing treestand or climbing sticks. Buy them a 22 oz outlaw ribeye from longhorn and you'll get your drone back.

Deer hunters climb trees all the time.... The gnarlier and nastier the better too.. Better cover... We're everywhere too...

Last edited:
I'd use another drone to retrieve that drone. They'll become codependent on each other. It's a foolproof method. It's much the same as this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how close to a road it is but stop by the local fire station and tell them you will donate to there favorite charity or buy them pizza. They are always looking to take out a ladder truck.

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I do not care,
I get my arrows wholesale...

with apologies to Curly Howard of the 3 Stooges

Cactus Makes Perfect is the 61st short subject starring American slapstick comedy team the Three Stooges. The trio made a total of 190 shorts for Columbia Pictures between 1934 and 1959. This short was released in 1942 and features Curly Howard, Moe Howard and Larry Fine.

Curly's remark, "I shoot an arrow into the air, where it lands I do not care: I get my arrows wholesale!"[3] parodies Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem "The Arrow and the Song," which begins, "I shot an arrow into the air/It fell to earth, I knew not where..."[4]

Last edited:
Find a deer hunter who has a climbing treestand or climbing sticks. Buy them a 22 oz outlaw ribeye from longhorn and you'll get your drone back.

Deer hunters climb trees all the time.... The gnarlier and nastier the better too.. Better cover... We're everywhere too...

Good idea, or buy one from bass pro then return it after you get your drone

https://youtu.be/GoHaKwU3TN4
[video]https://youtu.be/GoHaKwU3TN4[/video]

Heres the drone video from this morning. Thats my friend being an asshat about shooting it down lol. Shot with my iphone 6 on his gimbal if anyone cares about why its so stable. Pause at 0:38 and you can see its X shape.

I might give the Hunter route a try or Newton fire. Kinda feel bad about using public resources though. plus this is in crystal park past a chained gate down a hill so I dont know if their trucks will do it.

If you are going to use a bow - use one designed for bow fishing... They have a reel and string to retrieve the arrow... Plus they can keep the arrow from over traveling. Modern compound bows are no joke... I wouldn't be too quick to let one fly because if you miss your mark there could be a world of hurt awaiting someone at the end of the arrow's flight.

Good idea, or buy one from bass pro then return it after you get your drone

Good idea. I have been known to borrow things from Walmart. When I lost my wedding ring in the garden I borrowed a metal detector from Walmart. I asked the manager what the return policy was. He smiled and said, why do you plan on returning it? I said, you bet, I can't afford $350 on this thing, once I find my ring it will be boxed up and heading back. He said, ok, as long as you have your receipt and it's all clean and in its original box, no problem. I have only done that one other time when I needed a corded phone temporarily.

https://youtu.be/GoHaKwU3TN4
[video]https://youtu.be/GoHaKwU3TN4[/video]

Heres the drone video from this morning. Thats my friend being an asshat about shooting it down lol. Shot with my iphone 6 on his gimbal if anyone cares about why its so stable. Pause at 0:38 and you can see its X shape.

I might give the Hunter route a try or Newton fire. Kinda feel bad about using public resources though. plus this is in crystal park past a chained gate down a hill so I dont know if their trucks will do it.

Dude - you need about 6 climbing sticks to get high enough to shake the tree and get it out... Or hit it with an extension pole of some sort - like those ised for pole saws or painting.

Slingshots ARE legal to use in MA. They are illegal to manufacture or sell in MA, but legal to own and use. The stupidly written law confuses people.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section12
Note that a "slung shot" is a leather bag on a cord full of lead shot (aka a blackjack). It's not a sling shot.

BTW, Amazon.com has no clue about the MA sling shot laws and I've ordered sling shots from them with no problems.

I'm a ham radio guy and made an "antenna launcher" by using small hose clamps to clamp a fishing reel to the horizontal bar on my wrist rocket. I can send a 1oz weight over a 60' tree with no problem.

Last edited:
Slingshots ARE legal to use in MA. They are illegal to manufacture or sell in MA, but legal to own and use. The stupidly written law confuses people.

Note that a "slung shot" is a leather bag on a cord full of lead shot (aka a blackjack). It's not a sling shot.

BTW, Amazon.com has no clue about the MA sling shot laws and I've ordered sling shots from them with no problems.

Thank you! If I go this route, I will most likely crimp a fishing weight onto some fishing line to keep it from over traveliing and so I can pull on a branch. I havent played with slingshots since I was a kid. Do you think It can reach that height?

Why not just use a fishing rod. It will already have line on it. Add a weight, remove the hook and cast away. People might report you as a crazy man but it should work well and keep you out of trouble.

Get a monkey. Even if he can't get the copter you'll still have a monkey.

Find this guy.

I used to climb trees all the time ......until I fell and broke my face and my arm...broke my arm by my face slamming into it. Oh the fun. Won't climb anymore now.....I got scared.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm a ham radio guy and made an "antenna launcher" by using small hose clamps to clamp a fishing reel to the horizontal bar on my wrist rocket. I can send a 1oz weight over a 60' tree with no problem.

Amazon doesn't need to worry about it, because MA can't regulate what people outside of the state sell and ship to people within the state (except liquor). The AG can bark, but can't legally bite.

Amazon doesn't need to worry about it, because MA can't regulate what people outside of the state sell and ship to people within the state (except liquor). The AG can bark, but can't legally bite.

Seems the ammo vendors outside ma don't agree with you?

Back
Top Bottom