Can I see you in my office for a minute...................

I love the slogan "we stand behind our products, literally". Lmao. No. Seriously. We just stand there behind it. While we get shot. Just standing there.

Pretty damn cool....two things I'd be worried about....when he brought the gun up, finger was already on trigger while pointing at the guys jewels/legs still.............and that lovely "rule" about knowing your backstop....lotsa windows in that office! Probably should have stood downrange at a bonafide range etc.....other than that, awesome!

Pretty damn cool....two things I'd be worried about....when he brought the gun up, finger was already on trigger while pointing at the guys jewels/legs still.............and that lovely "rule" about knowing your backstop....lotsa windows in that office! Probably should have stood downrange at a bonafide range etc.....other than that, awesome!

I noticed this as well. AND he's got the hammer already cocked in single action..............

Last edited:
it won't, you would need a SAPI plate or equivalent which weighs almost 8 pounds and doesn't dover your entire torso. *discrete body* [laugh]

why did you ruin the fun so early? a 5.56 round is so tiny that it could zip through certain areas and he'd be fine... ish... afterwards.

2 things.

1: It's one thing to stand behind your product like that. I could even see demonstrating it in the office like that (even if it went through the armor, it probably wouldn't also go through the guy wearing it). But who here thinks it's a good idea to get shot at inside, on purpose without wearing ears and eyes?

2: Gecko45 is out there throwing a party for himself because he just won the internet.

But how will the product stand up to something more manly than a .380 or .40?? Let see some tests with .45 ACP rounds. Hell, how about a .357 magnum or .44 magnum round?

But how will the product stand up to something more manly than a .380 or .40?? Let see some tests with .45 ACP rounds. Hell, how about a .357 magnum or .44 magnum round?

45 is typically easier due to large surface area. Most armor is designed to a standard which would include those pistol cartridges. However, I wouldn't want the backface deformation from a 44 in the gut.

2 things.

1: It's one thing to stand behind your product like that. I could even see demonstrating it in the office like that (even if it went through the armor, it probably wouldn't also go through the guy wearing it). But who here thinks it's a good idea to get shot at inside, on purpose without wearing ears and eyes?

2: Gecko45 is out there throwing a party for himself because he just won the internet.

there always has to be one. [thinking]

45 is typically easier due to large surface area. Most armor is designed to a standard which would include those pistol cartridges. However, I wouldn't want the backface deformation from a 44 in the gut.

With a 230g .45 round, he would have felt it a whole lot more than the .40 or .380 (IMO). Use a 200g or even 185g .45 ACP round and he'd be really hurting at that range. The lighter bullets are typically moving faster. The amount of kinetic energy, though, would probably be very close.

IMO, using a .380 in that second test was a waste. Also, what were the barrel lengths of the pistols? The .380 looked like it might be a 3-3.5" barrel. I have farts that move faster than those rounds. [laugh]

Screw being the test dummy, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the pucker factor of even being the shooter at basically point blank range! Even if I had no worries about injuring or killing the person behind the armor, I would worry about possible ricochet, or fragmentation from the round hitting me at such a close range.

The guy behind the windshield taking shots from a 7.62 is just plain suicide inmo, but it's great to see how he literally stands behind his products!

Back
Top Bottom