Can I get a straight answer??? Please!!!!

I have recently picked up a Savage Mark 2 FV-SR, this is a bolt action rifle in 22 caliber. I live in MA and am wondering about the Suppressor law as it applies to a "BOLT ACTION" Rifle. This rifle comes from the factory with a threaded bull barrel. The Automatic Weapons Band (AWB) is specific as it relates to "2" of the items listed on a "automatic" weapon". HERE IS THE "CAN I GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER" part, can I have a suppressor on this rifle or not?

Last edited:
I have recently picked up a Savage Mark 2 FV-SR, this is a bolt action rifle in 22 caliber. I live in MA and am wondering about the Suppressor law as it applies to a "BOLT ACTION" Rifle. This rifle comes from the factory with a threaded bull barrel. The Automatic Weapons Band (AWB) is specific as it relates to "2" of the items listed on a weapon". HERE IS THE "CAN I GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER" part, can I have a suppressor on this rifle or not?

Nope. Cant have a can in MA.

You may not possess a suppressor in MA unless you are law enforcement or a 07FFL manufacturer with the proper licenses and whatnot

edit- or a criminal of course [grin]

I think hes talking flash suppressor. If thats the case than you can have whatever you want except for a sound suppressor.

I have recently picked up a Savage Mark 2 FV-SR, this is a bolt action rifle in 22 caliber. I live in MA and am wondering about the Suppressor law as it applies to a "BOLT ACTION" Rifle. This rifle comes from the factory with a threaded bull barrel. The Automatic Weapons Band (AWB) is specific as it relates to "2" of the items listed on a "automatic" weapon". HERE IS THE "CAN I GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER" part, can I have a suppressor on this rifle or not?

Suppressor (silencer), the NFA item that is designed to suppressor SOUND. No.

Flash suppressor (hider), NOT an NFA item that is designed to reduce muzzle flash. Yes.

Sorry, I did mean to say a "flash suppressor", the language is pretty clear regarding "Sound Suppressor". Don't get me wrong, I don't like it, but!!! What are you gonna do? MOVE??

that's what i'm gonna do.
also it's awb = 'assault weapon ban'

new automatic(select fire) weapons are banned for civilians since 1986. pre-86 guns are OK to own as long as you can shell out tens of thousands of dollars to buy one.

Are you talking about the Colibri or the 60 grain SSS stuff?

03f16e9a5c71c1a50789ccae79e94ba0.jpg

Al gave me it for helping with his amd build .

I want to buy more to shoot squirrels in my attic with my 22 kit on my 1911. It don't cycle but I figure it's a better idea then shooting the .45 shot shells I have in my house lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you WANT a flash suppressor on a bolt-action 22?

The Savage Mark 2 FV-SR is pretty much begging for a silencer, thus the -SR model designation.

Remington also makes a low noise, hollow point round. I have a few boxes of it. Pretty quiet out of the bolt action rifle.
I've had very good results with the Remington CBee. Quiet and consistently accurate.
dblcac.jpg

The Automatic Weapons Band (AWB) was the name of our Damn Yankees cover band in college.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Savage Mark 2 FV-SR is pretty much begging for a silencer, thus the -SR model designation.

I've had very good results with the Remington CBee. Quiet and consistently accurate.
dblcac.jpg

The Automatic Weapons Band (AWB) was the name of our Damn Yankees cover band in college.

Damn, that's quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's what i'm gonna do.
also it's awb = 'assault weapon ban'

new automatic(select fire) weapons are banned for civilians since 1986. pre-86 guns are OK to own as long as you can shell out tens of thousands of dollars to buy one.

And have enough pull with your local PD to get a stage MG license.

Back
Top Bottom