• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Call Governor Baker's Office ASAP Ask For VETO

Done - spoke with a nice monotone drone - biggest issue now is now way to be legal, so let’s say I own a bump stick, and do nothing. I become a felon and there is no way out of it - almost like owning a post 94’ AR.

As others have said, if something were to happen in Mass with pre-ban mags associated - they will go the same way as bump stocks - illegal with no way to keep them and jail if you do and get caught.
With a 3 to 20 hanging over you, screw bumpstocks, just go for the gold

Called spoke to a airhead. He is going to sign ! My job is going to be moving to RTP NC, I need to talk to the wife about moving !!!!! wish me luck !

Can you shot on your own land in NC if you have the room?[rofl]

Last edited:
I called but baker will not do anything, he will support this. he will not support his base he is going to be 1 and done.

Done - spoke with a nice monotone drone - biggest issue now is now way to be legal, so let’s say I own a bump stick, and do nothing. I become a felon and there is no way out of it - almost like owning a post 94’ AR.

As others have said, if something were to happen in Mass with pre-ban mags associated - they will go the same way as bump stocks - illegal with no way to keep them and jail if you do and get caught.

Imagine too that you legally own a bumpstock. You don't read NES daily or watch the news. Now you get pulled over with it, and didn't know about this new law since our state has a way of making up new laws almost daily. You would now face potential of life in prison. This state sucks.

No, the vague language didn't go through. But it is correct that the only path to ownership is an MG license.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
No, they also classified bump stocks as being "assault weapons" which makes it illegal to be possessed, no matter which license you have.

Imagine too that you legally own a bumpstock. You don't read NES daily or watch the news. Now you get pulled over with it, and didn't know about this new law since our state has a way of making up new laws almost daily. You would now face potential of life in prison. This state sucks.

I thought part of the law was that the EOPSS is going to send a letter to every licensed individual stating that bumpstocks are now illegal. IANAL but I thought I saw that in the language passed yesterday.

I thought part of the law was that the EOPSS is going to send a letter to every licensed individual stating that bumpstocks are now illegal. IANAL but I thought I saw that in the language passed yesterday.

Licensed in the sense of FFL I believe.

Licensed in the sense of FFL I believe.
Thanks for the clarification. So joeschmoe who doesn't have a phone or computer, quit watching TV years ago, could easily not find out about this. On the plus side, most of the guys who fit that description are probably fudds ;)

No, the vague language didn't go through. But it is correct that the only path to ownership is an MG license.

SECTION 21. Paragraph (o) of section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by adding the following sentence:- Clauses (i) and (ii) of this paragraph shall not apply to bump stocks and trigger cranks.

Meaning MG licenses do NOT allow you to have a bump Stock or aftermarket crank trigger.

SECTION 21. Paragraph (o) of section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by adding the following sentence:- Clauses (i) and (ii) of this paragraph shall not apply to bump stocks and trigger cranks.

Meaning MG licenses do NOT allow you to have a bump Stock or aftermarket crank trigger.

Read clauses i and ii. They list reasons for applying. The MG license covers possession of these devices.

I called, also had two other co workers call. Spoke to Emily who assured me they where taking a “count”

What did/does anyone expect Baker to do? He's the RINO of RINOs, and is the "most popular Governor" on the planet...partly because he gives the despicable filthbag Harvard-influenced Liberals of Massachusetts the opportunity to say they are "Bipartisan" and "Open to productive dialog with the opposing side" (blah puke blah), a toolbag who would happily fellate Moose-shell Obama's husband, at noontime, on the top steps of the State House, if it meant more and/or continued power and success for the two-faced carpetbagging whore from Swampscott... oops I mean from Needham... oops I mean from New York...

Just sayin'

Baker is in California, Polito is going to sign it

I am not a law scholar but AFAIK, the Lt. Government cannot sign anything as long as the Governor is live and kicking, so there may be a delay in signing this, but it has to be him, is it not? Just like VP Pence cannot sign Bills just because POTUS is on the golf course.

She can sign it, and most likely will.

In the absence of the sitting Governor, the Lt. Governor is the acting chief.

Done. Asked aide to leave message for Governor and Lt Governor.

1) Can she or can't she?
2) Will it come down to 1?
3) Isn't she more on our side than he is?
4) If 3 is yes, is it ENOUGH more on our side?
5) Will she or won't she?

1) Can she or can't she?
2) Will it come down to 1?
3) Isn't she more on our side than he is?
4) If 3 is yes, is it ENOUGH more on our side?
5) Will she or won't she?

Yes she can sign it and I’m sure she will. This is a set up so Charlie doesn’t have to sign it. If she didn’t sign she’s done as a politician in MA. He’s sacrificing her so his hands stay clean

We had better ghost all their appearances from now until Jan 2019 when they leave; and on the day Faker walks down the steps we can all sing “ Na-Na-Na-Na, Na-Na-Na-Na, Hey-Hey-Hey GOODBYE “ with a potential “You Suck !!!” Afterwards

I called but baker will not do anything, he will support this. he will not support his base he is going to be 1 and done.

He's not a Republican or conservative or libertarian, not really. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. He's a Democrat that calls himself a Republican. If I vote for him, it will only be because I think he's not as awful as the other Democrat that's running.

Not to question GOAL's agenda, but what are the chances that the House language (or worse) gets another look if the as-written bill is vetoed?

He's not a Republican or conservative or libertarian, not really. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. He's a Democrat that calls himself a Republican. If I vote for him, it will only be because I think he's not as awful as the other Democrat that's running.
Sometimes there isn't anybody worth voting for. Charlie is done as a republican and so is Karen.

Not to question GOAL's agenda, but what are the chances that the House language (or worse) gets another look if the as-written bill is vetoed?
This is what I'm afraid of. Linskey will be mighty pissed and we'll see round 2 back with everything he learned from this go.

This. I called. Not sure why. The moron on the phone said OK thanks.

He already said publicly he would sign the first thing that crossed his desk quickly.
Why would we expect anything different?

THere's a chance Baker could make it worse himself... regardless, we need to keep fighting, then fight some more.

I spent money and volunteered for baker and polito. i liked polito but hated baker but they were better than coakly. I was always told polito is good for 2A and would keep baker in check. they have done nothing for 2A in this state and never will. just more self serving politicians

Back
Top Bottom