"bypassing" combo trigger lock?

long story short my grandfather passed away over 10 years ago and a family member put a trigger lock on his 38 snubby when kids moved in. never touched the gun again and now doesnt remeber the combo (suprise suprise). I have read somewhere there there relatively easy to pop off, but does anyone know the best way to go about it?

Easy way...

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...safe-at-any-caliber/&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Easier way...

00001864.jpg

X
00001864.jpg

Last edited:
Not A lot of People know that!

Im going to have to try that. My wife gave me a nice set of lock picks for CHRISTMAS last year and all I needed was an Icepick.

Hope that kid dont slip with the pick and drive it deep into his leg or other bodypart.

Did he have a British accent or was it just me?

Oh: The Combo locke: Just cut the bolt with a sabre saw or grinder and not worry.

Most trigger locks use a spring loaded ratchet strip of teeth to allow you to press it on. When you turn the key or lever it rotates the center teeth away from that spring loaded set.

However, if you can get a small tool into the middle of the lock, you can press the spring loaded section enough to release the teeth. This is how most can easily be defeated.

Most combination trigger locks have only 3 tumblers with 10 numbers on each combination. No need to start pounding on it and possibly mess up the gun. All it takes is a little patience. Set it it 0-0-0 and try to open. Doesn't open? Set it to 0-0-1 and try again. Then 0-0-2. There's only 1000 possibilities, so you can run through all of them in 15 minutes or so. I did that when a relative forgot the combination on his trigger locks.

I have busted up many a trigger lock in my time.

A quick twist with vise grips gets the job done in about two seconds.

Now if the gun is secured with a padlock it gets a little more involved.

In my experience the easiest way through is to grind a soft spot on the
shackle to get through the case hardening, then finish up with a hacksaw
with a good blade. Those ten for a buck pieces of shit you can buy at Ocean
State Job Lot ain't worth a damn. get yourself a good bi-metal blade from a
reputable hardware store and you can finish the job in five minutes.

MAJOR D

thanks for the responses. i was looking at it today, the combination part of the lock had about a millimeter gap, got a flat head in there, popped off the combination part, then u can just turn the lock by hand and it falls right off. destroyed the lock but o well.

Back
Top Bottom