Buying another Machine Gun (MAC-10)45

well I am buying my 2nd Machine Gun. This one is a Sub machine gun. This one is a MAC-10 45 ACP Jersey Arms Works model S-701-SMG" 10 30rd mags with nylon military cases (man are these mags heavy duty) and 1,000 rds of ammo plus a fake supressor (real ones illegal in MA) with nomex cover on it, speed loader etc.

This thing is in nice shape....

I cant wait for it. $3400. Not bad with all the extras eh? Man I love buying Machine guns on this new Machine gun license.

DSC00975.jpg

Hey Rob, not to be nosey but what town in WMass offered up a MG license? I only ask because I thought they were damn near impossible and now I find out it is *possible* in my neck of the woods. I lived in Lee all my life (Glidden issued my LTC-A no restrictions) and then I moved to Pittsfield (hate it). I would love a MG license some day although my future career should allow for some goodies (LEO).

Excellent, rob - so you found one, huh?

I remember seeing your thread in the WTB forum after you'd just missed one that was being sold by member. Seems as though it didn't really take you that long to dig one up.

"Watch out, kid! You'll shoot yer eye out with that!

He said with a jealous gleam in his own eye.

Nice.

So how hard was it getting your Machine Gun license? I've been thinking of applying myself as I live in a small town in Western MA so it may actually be an option.

The consensus on machine gun licenses seems to be that it's never difficult: it's either easy (ask and ye shall receive) or impossible. The simplest way to find out what the answer is in your town would be to ask your chief, since it's entirely up to him.

Ken

the only thing that saved me is I have known my Chief since I was a little kid and he knows I am good for it. I grew up here.

I am also a Firemarms Instructor at a Nuclear Power plant for the Security Team so that helps too. He needed to see all of my certs for the last 5 years before he would give it to me. If I did not have the credentials he would not have given it to me. I am the only one in my town that has one and he has never issued one to any citizen other than me. Some of his Officers have them (no Automatic weapons to go with them) but he has never issued them to a citizen. I was the first and imagine I will be for a long time.
It does say "bona fide collector" for restrictions though.. Not firearms instructor.
either way it works for buying and shooting MGs... [grin]

A special ops friend told me that these were extremely popular; great knock down power, and no sonic crack.

Awesome! I loved my PS MAC-10...,(sniffle, sniffle)...To make younger kids mental, I bought mine in 1985 for....are you ready?....$375.00 + transfer. [crying] I thought I was the cat's arse when I sold it for $1000.00!! God I miss cheap machine guns... [crying]
I have to say that I am however a sucker to the original folding stock....I know....I'm weird that way. Nice looking rig ATR - stellar. Macs get a bad rap from some, but I adore them....Congratulations!!! [cheers]

Very Cool! I've loved the Mac since seeing it in "McQ" with John Wayne. Got a semi, but it just aint the same thing.
Working on the MG license now.

I am also a Firemarms Instructor at a Nuclear Power plant for the Security Team so that helps too.

Congrats!

Are you at Rowe? VT-Yankee or down in Millstone?

I was an I&C Engineer at Y-R back in the late 1970s, and RKG did some of the legal work when they pulled the plug on Y-R.

Mac's are fun. I have shot a couple. Nice pickup. Did ya ever try the .380 ACP? The thing is stupid fast.

The first MAC I shot was my .45 and moments after nearly shooting my hand off after my first magazine, (lost my grip with the strap), I fired my buddies .suppressed 380ACP. It was like a mini-gun...zzzzzzzip...done.

Back
Top Bottom